There are 230 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
In TK's newest article, he's says SF could be brewing up to make a move with all this cap space. He tossed out names like Wirfs or Tunsil. I think he was just tossing s**t against the wall there….Talking about a RT that can be the teams long-term LT once Trent retires and said SF isn't afraid to move 1sts.

Don't f**k with me. Don't you dare f**k with me NY!

Wirfs went one pick before Kinlaw.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
In TK's newest article, he's says SF could be brewing up to make a move with all this cap space. He tossed out names like Wirfs or Tunsil. I think he was just tossing s**t against the wall there….Talking about a RT that can be the teams long-term LT once Trent retires and said SF isn't afraid to move 1sts.

Tunsil at RT would be God Mode lol

This X 1,000
Wirfs now, Jensen next year

I doubt TB would be into trading Wirfs while they're winning. If we're gonna dream big though, Quentin Nelson is my guy.

This X 1,000

I doubt TB would be into trading Wirfs while they're winning. If we're gonna dream big though, Quentin Nelson is my guy.
We need tackles tho

This X 1,000

We need tackles tho

Yeah, I'd have zero issues trading this years 1st and next years 2nd for Tunsill. I think a great RT would make Beaufort better and may not need to upgrade that position. Outside of TW and Banks, we could stand to upgrade all 3 other spots. Still wish they'd put in a call to Collins.
[ Edited by SLCNiner on Sep 13, 2023 at 2:05 PM ]

This X 1,000

We need tackles tho

Yeah, I'd have zero issues trading this years 1st and next years 2nd for Tunsill. I think a great RT would make Beaufort better and may not need to upgrade that position. Outside of TW and Banks, we could stand to upgrade all 3 other spots. Still wish they'd put in a call to Collins.

Collins' knee has to be right before any call comes his way, a team who needs oline like CIN wouldn't just be cutting him for nothing.
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Sep 13, 2023 at 2:35 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

This X 1,000

We need tackles tho

Collins' knee has to be right before any call comes his way

Well he'd obviously have to pass a physical.
Tunsil is his own agent (negotiated his own extension with Texans…) entice him with the 💍 Lynch
Originally posted by Furlow:

Wirfs went one pick before Kinlaw.

Oh my dude, I'm the last one you need to remind. Haha.

I mean that's what the man said lol.
As much as I'd love to trade for Wirfs or Tunsil, 1. I doubt they get moved, and 2. we can't really afford them long term, we'd have to sacrifice someone, more likely we carryover every cent we have to 2024 to have cap room in 2024. It's a nice pipedream, but likely doesn't happen, even though I'd love to see Wirfs in SF at RT.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
As much as I'd love to trade for Wirfs or Tunsil, 1. I doubt they get moved, and 2. we can't really afford them long term, we'd have to sacrifice someone, more likely we carryover every cent we have to 2024 to have cap room in 2024. It's a nice pipedream, but likely doesn't happen, even though I'd love to see Wirfs in SF at RT.

Couldn't TW feasibly be that guy in 1-2 years since that's when you anticipate him retiring? Then you have your successor at LT. Either way I'm good rolling that money over and building up cap space
I heard Matt Barrows yesterday talking about the Niners cap money. He doesn't rule out a free agent acquisition but thinks they want to roll over most of the money to next year. They are currently way over on next years cap and can use the money to avoid having to restructure so many contracts.They could pick up a tackle for way less than the amount of cap space they have.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I think the cap space if for Aiyuk first.
But if they use it this season, I see it more as a safety net in case nobody performs well opposite of Bosa on the D-Line.
Brian Burns, Montez Sweat and Chase Young could be on the market.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I mean teams have to sacrifice people currently on the team to upgrade. Just how it works in the NFL. I love Kittle but I'll take a 24 yr old elite OT over a 30 yr old constantly banged up TE.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I heard Matt Barrows yesterday talking about the Niners cap money. He doesn't rule out a free agent acquisition but thinks they want to roll over most of the money to next year. They are currently way over on next years cap and can use the money to avoid having to restructure so many contracts.They could pick up a tackle for way less than the amount of cap space they have.

What's the point in restructuring these older players contracts right now, if the plan is to do nothing with the money? You can restructure the same players after the yr is over if you need cap space.
Share 49ersWebzone