There are 141 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Wirfs now, Jensen next year

Jensen's knee is gone. He retired
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
As much as I'd love to trade for Wirfs or Tunsil, 1. I doubt they get moved, and 2. we can't really afford them long term, we'd have to sacrifice someone, more likely we carryover every cent we have to 2024 to have cap room in 2024. It's a nice pipedream, but likely doesn't happen, even though I'd love to see Wirfs in SF at RT.

I mean teams have to sacrifice people currently on the team to upgrade. Just how it works in the NFL. I love Kittle but I'll take a 24 yr old elite OT over a 30 yr old constantly banged up TE.

While that might be ok, Kittle redid his deal, he's a 49ers for the foreseeable future, same with Arik Armstead. I just don't see how they fit Wirfs 5th yr option under their 2024 cap, it's a pipedream, I'd love it, I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think TB trades him anyway.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Wirfs now, Jensen next year

Jensen's knee is gone. He retired

Yep, Jensen's done, not sure he officially retired, might have missed that, but he's done, bad knees, glad we didn't sign him, I like Brendel anyway for now.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Trent Williams retires would Tyron Smith be the next best signing??? I think he's been injured a lot the past two seasons though.
get us a legit RT
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
In TK's newest article, he's says SF could be brewing up to make a move with all this cap space. He tossed out names like Wirfs or Tunsil. I think he was just tossing s**t against the wall there….Talking about a RT that can be the teams long-term LT once Trent retires and said SF isn't afraid to move 1sts.

Don't f**k with me. Don't you dare f**k with me NY!

I mean that's what the man said lol.

LOL! Wirfs on the 49ers! That would be a deal for me!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Trent Williams retires would Tyron Smith be the next best signing??? I think he's been injured a lot the past two seasons though.

Tyron Smith right behind Williams in retirement
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Tyron Smith right behind Williams in retirement

I know, I figured the 49ers could squeeze another two years out of him like they did Trent Williams. And they would be bringing him back to Cali, his hometown.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
As much as I'd love to trade for Wirfs or Tunsil, 1. I doubt they get moved, and 2. we can't really afford them long term, we'd have to sacrifice someone, more likely we carryover every cent we have to 2024 to have cap room in 2024. It's a nice pipedream, but likely doesn't happen, even though I'd love to see Wirfs in SF at RT.

I mean teams have to sacrifice people currently on the team to upgrade. Just how it works in the NFL. I love Kittle but I'll take a 24 yr old elite OT over a 30 yr old constantly banged up TE.

While that might be ok, Kittle redid his deal, he's a 49ers for the foreseeable future, same with Arik Armstead. I just don't see how they fit Wirfs 5th yr option under their 2024 cap, it's a pipedream, I'd love it, I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think TB trades him anyway.

Like you said AB, I think that 40+ million in cap is probably going to be rolled over, unless the 49ers find a can't miss kind of blockbuster deal that makes it worth the 49ers to blow their 2024 salary cap. As NY85 said, they will lose players if they go into salary cap hell, and it has to be worth it to the 49ers for them to do that. The only deal I can think of where they *might* even think about doing that is a *Trent Williams* level offensive tackle that's being traded for pennies on the dollar. Why not for a elite defensive back? Couple of reasons - number one - Purdy, they definitely see him as a franchise QB and want him protected as much as possible. Number two - Trent Williams' age. Number three - McKivtiz gave up 3 sacks, and a solid right tackle might improve Burford. Number four - offensive line depth for a super bowl run, the 49ers OLine tends to get banged up towards the playoffs, historically speaking.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Like you said AB, I think that 40+ million in cap is probably going to be rolled over, unless the 49ers find a can't miss kind of blockbuster deal that makes it worth the 49ers to blow their 2024 salary cap. As NY85 said, they will lose players if they go into salary cap hell, and it has to be worth it to the 49ers for them to do that. The only deal I can think of where they *might* even think about doing that is a *Trent Williams* level offensive tackle that's being traded for pennies on the dollar. Why not for a elite defensive back? Couple of reasons - number one - Purdy, they definitely see him as a franchise QB and want him protected as much as possible. Number two - Trent Williams' age. Number three - McKivtiz gave up 3 sacks, and a solid right tackle might improve Burford. Number four - offensive line depth for a super bowl run, the 49ers OLine tends to get banged up towards the playoffs, historically speaking.

I can't see the 49ers willingly going into cap hell just to win or have a chance, they already have a SB roster, top 5, they have a chance now, I doubt they make a big deal, not until the deadline anyway.

Just an FYI the following players on the 53 have their base salaries GTD for the season, except Flannigan-Fowles, who only has $750K GTD, he doesn't qualify for week 1 base guarantee.

QB Sam Darnold – $1,900,000 at signing
QB Brandon Allen – $1,080,000 for making 53-man roster
RB Christian McCaffrey – $1,080,000 at signing
FB Kyle Juszczyk – $1,250,000 at signing, $1,250,000 with 2023-2025 option picked up, remainder for making 53-man roster
WR Deebo Samuel – $1,080,000 at signing
WR Brandon Aiyuk – $2,316,821 at signing for being a 1st-round pick
WR/KR/PR Ray-Ray McCloud III- $1,080,000 on April 1, 2023
TE George Kittle – $1,080,000 at signing
TE Ross Dwelley – $700,000 at signing, remainder for making 53-man roster
C Jake Brendel – $1,080,000 at signing
C Jon Feliciano – $1,165,000 at signing
LT Trent Williams – $1,165,000 at signing
RT Colton McKivitz – $1,140,000 at signing
RT Matt Pryor – $1,080,000 for making 53-man roster
DE Nick Bosa – $1,010,000 at signing
DE Kerry Hyder Jr. – $1,080,000 for making 53-man roster
DT Arik Armstead – $15,890,000 for making 53-man roster
DT Javon Kinlaw – $2,722,096 at signing for being a 1st-round pick
DT Kevin Givens – $1,400,000 at signing
NT Javon Hargrave – $1,165,000 at signing
LEO Drake Jackson – $972,836 at signing
LEO Clelin Ferrell – $580,000 at signing, remainder for making 53-man roster
WLB Dre Greenlaw – $1,435,000 at signing, $3,000,000 on April 1, 2023
MLB Fred Warner – $1,080,000 at signing
SLB Oren Burks – $1,900,000 for making 53-man roster
SLB Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles- $750,000 at signing
CB Charvarius Ward – $1,080,000 at signing
CB Isaiah Oliver – $1,080,000 at signing
FS Tashaun Gipson Sr. – $1,170,000 at signing
SS George Odum – $665,000 on April 1, 2023, remainder for making 53-man roster
P Mitch Wishnowsky – $1,100,000 on April 1, 2023
LS Taybor Pepper – $1,050,000 at signing, remainder for making 53-man roster
Wirfs or Tunsil? I just don't see it.

Those are franchise left tackles. That's the kind of player you just don't give up even if you're bad and/or don't have a franchise quarterback, because you're hoping one day you will and have a reliable staple to help develop him. You ESPECIALLY don't give that up midseason.

The only blockbuster trades involving left tackles in recent memory were Trent Williams (who had an ugly divorce with Washington over a serious health scare) and Tunsil (who the Texans massively overpaid for) and both were in the offseason.

If we are going to trade for a tackle, it'll be a decent right tackle with 1-2 years left on his contract on a really bad team at the deadline (example: Okorafor on the Steelers if they continue to suck). Not a franchise left tackle.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 16, 2023 at 8:39 AM ]
Updated cap room post Womack to IR, & Swilling elevation, $42,537,910
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

always great analysis from you AB81!

P.s. agree with you that 90% chance they will just roll that cap space over to next year.
Originally posted by Giedi:

always great analysis from you AB81!

P.s. agree with you that 90% chance they will just roll that cap space over to next year.

Thank you as always, appreciate the love

Yeah I don't expect a big move to be made, more likely to carry over as much cap room as possible to 2024.
Share 49ersWebzone