There are 180 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Updated cap room post Womack to IR, & Swilling elevation, $42,537,910

always great analysis from you AB81!

P.s. agree with you that 90% chance they will just roll that cap space over to next year.

Thank you as always, appreciate the love

Yeah I don't expect a big move to be made, more likely to carry over as much cap room as possible to 2024.

I agree but it does put them in position to make a move in the event of an injury to a key player.
The Rams radio announcer was like "The 49ers may not be able to afford Aiyuk..."
Why does Eli get zero touches? His speed and fresh legs could break a play late in the game.

P.s. agree with you that 90% chance they will just roll that cap space over to next year.

Yeah I don't expect a big move to be made, more likely to carry over as much cap room as possible to 2024.

sO, WAIT. What are we actually paying Bosa this year? Did any of his signing bonus get rolled into this year? did we ever do anything with our 5th year flexibility?
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

sO, WAIT. What are we actually paying Bosa this year? Did any of his signing bonus get rolled into this year? did we ever do anything with our 5th year flexibility?

He got a $50M signing bonus, prorated at $10M, plus $1.01M base, we saved like $7M on his deal.
Lynch made it known the cap room is earmarked for 2024 as carryover, just as I stated, so don't expect a big name, unless they're cheap salary wise, draft picks I don't think they care, as long as it doesn't hurt the cap.
Lynch made it known the cap room is earmarked for 2024 as carryover, just as I stated, so don't expect a big name, unless they're cheap salary wise, draft picks I don't think they care, as long as it doesn't hurt the cap.

Zero surprise there.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Zero surprise there.

Makes 100% sense, need to keep the cap healthy.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oilcan:
I agree but it does put them in position to make a move in the event of an injury to a key player.

GM's do that all over the NFL, generally every year. about 3+ to 5+ million in cap space for injuries and whatnot. The 40+ million freed up is earmarked for the rollover for next years cap, which I think (AB81) said is over the cap by that much. So it's a wash for next year, so to speak, if there is no blockbuster signing before the trade deadline.
Aiyuk and Hufanga. That's the rollover cap space. Easy to figure out

Sorry if asked already, what's the difference in rolling over vs doing the extension next year?
It seems everything is going to be good for the next few years, but when Bosa's contract hits hard and when we might have to pay a top tier QB, it feels things are going to start being squeezed tight.

Trying not to think too much about it and hope for the best.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
It seems everything is going to be good for the next few years, but when Bosa's contract hits hard and when we might have to pay a top tier QB, it feels things are going to start being squeezed tight.

Trying not to think too much about it and hope for the best.

The Cap penalizes successful teams. Key to beating the cap is simply drafting well - which is easier said than done. The good thing about the cap, is you can rebuild rather quickly if you are a bottom feeder team. The rams were in cap hell last year, but they are getting out of it now and have done well in rebuild Mould. If you have the cap space, you can easily get talented players - despite being a bottom feeder.
Updated cap room for week 3, $42,131,177
Latest update on the 2023 cap, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/09/21/an-updated-look-at-the-49ers-2023-salary-cap-situation-with-week-3-a-few-hours-away/
Share 49ersWebzone