LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 148 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Now we have the following 10 players making $10M+ a year on average after the Gregory trade.

Bosa- $34M
Deebo- $23.85M
Trent- $23.01M
Hargrave- $21M
Warner- $19.45M
Armstead - $17M
CMC- $16M
Kittle- $15M
Gregory- $13.9M
Ward- $13.5M

And I do believe we can afford to pay BA($25M), Huf($17M), Banks($10M), Dre($12M), plus extend Ward & Armstead in 2024, just means no splash move in FA in 2024, like glorydays said in I think the John Lynch thread, we don't need to make a splash move, not with the roster we have now, and the picks we have in 2024.

Greggory I thought is a 1 yr rental unless he balls out ?

He has 3 years left on contract but no guarantee money. So we can cut him with no penalty.
No reason to extend Greenlaw and Armstead, we should be sharktoothing their replacements via the draft.
Originally posted by mcwoot:
No reason to extend Greenlaw and Armstead, we should be sharktoothing their replacements via the draft.

Correct
Originally posted by lamontb:

Correct

Add Ward to that list as well.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Correct

Agreed.

Correct

I would keep Greenlaw if possible. He's the only guy with toughness and an edge to him. Our D right now is incredibly soft.

Correct

I would keep Greenlaw if possible. He's the only guy with toughness and an edge to him. Our D right now is incredibly soft.

um, and ward too. He's our best corner, can tackle rb's, and came about 3mm short of intercepting the last second pass from cousins.

Armstead shows up once in a while, but not near enough for 20m+
Updated cap outlook for now with 74 players latest article, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2023/11/03/an-updated-look-at-the-49ers-2023-2024-salary-cap-situations-with-the-49ers-heading-into-their-bye-week/

Correct

Exactly. You need a Greenlaw on this team.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Correct

The only reliable corner? I'm keeping him too. We should be trying to add some depth to the CB room, not taking it away. Now Armstead is the guy I'd be looking to replace. He will be a 10 year vet when his current deal is up. Good player, but HUGE price tag. I'd be looking to do what Philly did with Jalen Carter over Javon Hargrave. We won't and shouldn't draft a DT that high, but a DT in the 3rd or 4th that can stuff the run and give us a pass rushing threat shouldn't be a load to ask for. For the money invested in Hargrave and AA, they have to own the middle of any IOL, verses the run or pass. Right now, that isn't happening. Going to be interesting to see how this progresses going forward.
It's hard for me to call Ward reliable. Yes he's our best CB but I'm not seeing a guy who needs an extension. We need to actually invest some real draft capital into the secondary. Not some random 5th rounders. I like Greenlaw just didn't think they could afford him.

It's hard for me to call Ward reliable. Yes he's our best CB but I'm not seeing a guy who needs an extension. We need to actually invest some real draft capital into the secondary. Not some random 5th rounders. I like Greenlaw just didn't think they could afford him.

Yeah, they'll start using high draft picks on the secondary right after they use some on the OL.
Updated salary cap room, $39,557,130, along with projected adjustments, the 49ers shouldn't be more than $5M-$10M over the projected $256M cap.
Updated salary cap room, $39,557,130, along with projected adjustments, the 49ers shouldn't be more than $5M-$10M over the projected $256M cap.

Do you see a scenario where they can keep Young?
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Yes I do, check here for my early offseason plan, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2024-offseason-plan/
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Yes I do, check here for my early offseason plan, https://49erscap.com/index.php/2024-offseason-plan/

Thanks. It looks like he is really happy playing here with Bosa if he plays at a high level it would be a blast to watch the two of them together for several years.
Share 49ersWebzone