LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 137 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Some salary cap notes I thought I'd share here.

Sam Darnold, of his $1.8M LTBEs, the 49ers will get back $900K so far

Jon Feliciano likely won't hit 60% playtime, meaning the 49ers will get back $1M in 2024

Clelin Ferrell needs to hit 50% playtime to earn a $250K NLTBE

Tashaun Gipson Sr. will earn at least $100K NLTBE, an extra $200K if he makes the Pro Bowl on the original ballot

Colton McKivitz will earn $135K NLTBE, also he'll have his base salary escalate by $485K in 2024, already accounting for it on my website

Mitch Wishnowsky likely won't hit his $100K LTBE for Punt Percentage inside the 20-yard line, but will hit $100K NLTBE for net punting, also can earn $250K if he's named to the Pro Bowl, which he leads all vote getters at Punter in the NFC, that would count in 2024, same with the $100K, counting the $100K already, will add $250K if he does get Pro Bowl on original ballot

Deebo Samuel already secured his $150K LTBE with his 5 rush TDs, needed 3 or more, he needs 380 or more rush yards to earn a full $650K, he likely won't get that unless they run him a lot, he's in the 180 range I believe right now.

Charvarius Ward can earn $250K for Pro Bowl, and $250K for All Pro honors

George Odum, the 49ers will get back the $250K in 2024 that was LTBE for All Pro honors

Jake Brendel will have $500K added to his 2024 cap number, already counting it on my website.

I love, love, love your offseason plan. I like the idea of signing Aiyuk to a short term deal similar to Deebo's. I fully believe we will have both on second contracts and Deebo will indeed have a third, likely short term deal. It will be interesting to see what happens afterwards, but we are a long way from them. I love the extensions for cap relief. I'm hoping we can have another great draft and more of our picks from 2021-2023 come through so at some point we can begin transitioning to players on lower contracts. Also, do you think Young signs a deal that long term? I figured 2 years because he can get paid, but then earn a much larger contract when he is clearly the guy. I think successful execution of the plan you laid out + good drafting and we can be a Super Bowl favorite for the next 3 years.
Wow, what a great read AB81. impressive stuff, and I've been curious about it, nice to see the whole situation laid out so clearly.
AB81 working out the salary cap:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Jon Feliciano likely won't hit 60% playtime, meaning the 49ers will get back $1M in 2024

Tashaun Gipson Sr. will earn at least $100K NLTBE, an extra $200K if he makes the Pro Bowl on the original ballot

Colton McKivitz will earn $135K NLTBE, also he'll have his base salary escalate by $485K in 2024, already accounting for it on my website

Mitch Wishnowsky likely won't hit his $100K LTBE for Punt Percentage inside the 20-yard line, but will hit $100K NLTBE for net punting, also can earn $250K if he's named to the Pro Bowl, which he leads all vote getters at Punter in the NFC, that would count in 2024, same with the $100K, counting the $100K already, will add $250K if he does get Pro Bowl on original ballot

Deebo Samuel already secured his $150K LTBE with his 5 rush TDs, needed 3 or more, he needs 380 or more rush yards to earn a full $650K, he likely won't get that unless they run him a lot, he's in the 180 range I believe right now.

George Odum, the 49ers will get back the $250K in 2024 that was LTBE for All Pro honors

Jake Brendel will have $500K added to his 2024 cap number, already counting it on my website.

I love, love, love your offseason plan. I like the idea of signing Aiyuk to a short term deal similar to Deebo's. I fully believe we will have both on second contracts and Deebo will indeed have a third, likely short term deal. It will be interesting to see what happens afterwards, but we are a long way from them. I love the extensions for cap relief. I'm hoping we can have another great draft and more of our picks from 2021-2023 come through so at some point we can begin transitioning to players on lower contracts. Also, do you think Young signs a deal that long term? I figured 2 years because he can get paid, but then earn a much larger contract when he is clearly the guy. I think successful execution of the plan you laid out + good drafting and we can be a Super Bowl favorite for the next 3 years.

With so many contracts to consider, Paraag definitely has a full time job. He has to always be aware of not just the coming season but the 2 or 3 down the road as well.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
With so many contracts to consider, Paraag definitely has a full time job. He has to always be aware of not just the coming season but the 2 or 3 down the road as well.

Lynch said that they typically operate off of a three projection, you have to in this business. If you live year
by year - you'll find yourself in consistent salary cap trouble. That stuff eventually catches up to you.

i expect jed will turn a lot of base salary into signing bonus this next year too. That helps a lot when it comes to smoothing it over multiple seasons.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by tohara3:

Great stuff as always AB!

Impressive

Absolutely agree 💯%!
Originally posted by tankle104:

Lynch said that they typically operate off of a three projection, you have to in this business. If you live year
by year - you'll find yourself in consistent salary cap trouble. That stuff eventually catches up to you.

i expect jed will turn a lot of base salary into signing bonus this next year too. That helps a lot when it comes to smoothing it over multiple seasons.

College is getting the same way. You can have a great recruiting class but you have no idea who will be there 2 or 3 years down the road. All the transfer portal guys change the landscape quickly. NIL has an influence as well.

I would love for Deebo to get that 650k as it benefits my fantasy team as well.

Anywho, nice work AB
AB man - you're awesome! Thanks for all the work and time you put into this.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Honestly, I don't think Paraag is even involved much anymore. He might possibly review the final contract but there's a team of guys handling the contracts and negotiations now. Paraag is pretty busy with other business ventures. Jed even gave John his title...President of Football Operations.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 24, 2023 at 3:28 AM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I would love for Deebo to get that 650k as it benefits my fantasy team as well.

Anywho, nice work AB

Thank you, appreciate that, would love to see Deebo get the needed yards for all those who have him in fantasy, especially you lol.

Originally posted by 4ML:
AB man - you're awesome! Thanks for all the work and time you put into this.

Thanks 4ML, appreciate it.

They seem to be a lot quicker to move off players they previously liked now. Sermon, TDP, and some guys have gotten rolled to the PS and were picked off. I'm sort glad they got Manning back and Q Knight might be handy.

So for next year, do you see them trying to move any of the guys that they drafted to either shed some cap or just plain open up space for back up guys to get reps? Honestly, with the exception of notable misses like Oliver and that other S that played for JW, they seem to get grading high for their FA signees or guys they traded for.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
They seem to be a lot quicker to move off players they previously liked now. Sermon, TDP, and some guys have gotten rolled to the PS and were picked off. I'm sort glad they got Manning back and Q Knight might be handy.

So for next year, do you see them trying to move any of the guys that they drafted to either shed some cap or just plain open up space for back up guys to get reps? Honestly, with the exception of notable misses like Oliver and that other S that played for JW, they seem to get grading high for their FA signees or guys they traded for.

Honestly I think we'll lose a ton of depth. Why? Becuase we always do *every year* becuase of the Cap and bottom feeder teams poaching our guys. Key for ShanaLynch is drafting well and developing their players. I don't think they will ever be big free agent guys unless they are trying to sign their own players. Bosa, Deebo, Fred being the kind of free agents they typically go after.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:

Honestly I think we'll lose a ton of depth. Why? Becuase we always do *every year* becuase of the Cap and bottom feeder teams poaching our guys. Key for ShanaLynch is drafting well and developing their players. I don't think they will ever be big free agent guys unless they are trying to sign their own players. Bosa, Deebo, Fred being the kind of free agents they typically go after.

Those guys on 1yr deals, like Ferrell, Givens, Kinlaw, Gregory, Joseph-Day, Burks, Feliciano, McCloud guys like that could end up departing, I hope we keep the last 3 I mentioned, then in 2025 Jauan Jennings will be the big name to leave, as we can't afford 3 WRs making $10M+ a year, not when we need to extend BA, Dre, Ward, maybe AA, retain Chase long term.

And yes they just need to draft well in order to replenish the roster.
You dont realize Ray Ray's value, until you have Bell back there trying to hang onto the ball. Feliciano has been a nice add. I'm not totally sold on the expensive guys that added for ST, because they have given up a lot of big plays.
FYI, I have the 49ers ending the 2023 season with $36,991,530 in cap room to carryover into 2024, plus I have them getting nearly $4M in adjustments/credits, it would put the team around $2.199M under with just 41 players signed, or just $5.75M over the projected $242M cap. Now we have to talk about the PPE for playtime, Hufanga earned it with his pro bowl nod last year, and Banks, & Lenoir will earn it, that'd put them $4.654M over with 41 players signed, or $12.604M over with 51 signed.

Somethings to watch out for today, as players look to earn LTBEs & NLTBEs

Darnold can earn $300K if he plays 25% playtime, and the 49ers win, if not, the 49ers get that $300K back in 2024.

Ferrell needs to play a lot to get his $250K incentive for 50% playtime.

Feliciano needs to play a ton to even be close to 60% playtime, which would earn him some of his $1M LTBEs, it's unlikely he hits it though.

McKivitz will earn $135K NLTBE, and also a $485K escalator in 2024, all already counted in my numbers.

Best thing for this game is to come out healthy, win or lose, I honestly am fine losing the game, as long as we come out healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone