LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 233 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Some salary cap notes I thought I'd share here.

Sam Darnold, of his $1.8M LTBEs, the 49ers will get back $900K so far

Jon Feliciano likely won't hit 60% playtime, meaning the 49ers will get back $1M in 2024

Clelin Ferrell needs to hit 50% playtime to earn a $250K NLTBE

Tashaun Gipson Sr. will earn at least $100K NLTBE, an extra $200K if he makes the Pro Bowl on the original ballot

Colton McKivitz will earn $135K NLTBE, also he'll have his base salary escalate by $485K in 2024, already accounting for it on my website

Mitch Wishnowsky likely won't hit his $100K LTBE for Punt Percentage inside the 20-yard line, but will hit $100K NLTBE for net punting, also can earn $250K if he's named to the Pro Bowl, which he leads all vote getters at Punter in the NFC, that would count in 2024, same with the $100K, counting the $100K already, will add $250K if he does get Pro Bowl on original ballot

Deebo Samuel already secured his $150K LTBE with his 5 rush TDs, needed 3 or more, he needs 380 or more rush yards to earn a full $650K, he likely won't get that unless they run him a lot, he's in the 180 range I believe right now.

Charvarius Ward can earn $250K for Pro Bowl, and $250K for All Pro honors

George Odum, the 49ers will get back the $250K in 2024 that was LTBE for All Pro honors

Jake Brendel will have $500K added to his 2024 cap number, already counting it on my website.

I love, love, love your offseason plan. I like the idea of signing Aiyuk to a short term deal similar to Deebo's. I fully believe we will have both on second contracts and Deebo will indeed have a third, likely short term deal. It will be interesting to see what happens afterwards, but we are a long way from them. I love the extensions for cap relief. I'm hoping we can have another great draft and more of our picks from 2021-2023 come through so at some point we can begin transitioning to players on lower contracts. Also, do you think Young signs a deal that long term? I figured 2 years because he can get paid, but then earn a much larger contract when he is clearly the guy. I think successful execution of the plan you laid out + good drafting and we can be a Super Bowl favorite for the next 3 years.

With so many contracts to consider, Paraag definitely has a full time job. He has to always be aware of not just the coming season but the 2 or 3 down the road as well.

Honestly, I don't think Paraag is even involved much anymore. He might possibly review the final contract but there's a team of guys handling the contracts and negotiations now. Paraag is pretty busy with other business ventures. Jed even gave John his title...President of Football Operations.

Yep pretty busy over the pond running Leeds United
Hi AB,

Really enjoyed your analysis on how we could keep a lot of the players we currently have and add possibly more this next offseason.

I have a few questions, first with the new contract that you had Feliciano slated at are you saying that he is the answer at RG at least for 2-3 yrs and what does that mean for Burford? Second what position do you see us going after in free agency? And lastly what position do we consider most important in the draft and is it going to based off of what we do in free agency or bpa?

All answers are greatly appreciated.
Hey AB, I know you put out an early 2024 plan, but I'm thinking there are better places to spend cap than Chase Young. I thought he would be more impactful. I'd rather pick up a 3rd round comp pick and try to find some help for the secondary and OL, than lock up cap with him. Thouights?
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
Hey AB, I know you put out an early 2024 plan, but I'm thinking there are better places to spend cap than Chase Young. I thought he would be more impactful. I'd rather pick up a 3rd round comp pick and try to find some help for the secondary and OL, than lock up cap with him. Thouights?

Yep no need to sign Young.
Originally posted by philgardis49:
Hi AB,

Really enjoyed your analysis on how we could keep a lot of the players we currently have and add possibly more this next offseason.

I have a few questions, first with the new contract that you had Feliciano slated at are you saying that he is the answer at RG at least for 2-3 yrs and what does that mean for Burford? Second what position do you see us going after in free agency? And lastly what position do we consider most important in the draft and is it going to based off of what we do in free agency or bpa?

I would say Feliciano is that bridge at RG, maybe not long term answer.

FA wise, I think CB & EDGE would be areas we look at especially if Young isn't retained.

I'm starting to agree with this more & more, will need to look at my offseason plan & change some things.

'I think a CB opposite Ward would be nice, another younger EDGE too.

Originally posted by leakyfausett:

I disagreed if this was after the trade like immediately but after the non production I'd agree more with this.
An FYI, the reason the 49ers elevated Barrett & McGill, but didn't have them active is to give them some extra money, I'd expect them to do the same this week, maybe Snead gets elevated, maybe to make it seem like Deebo is truly 50/50, but in reality it's just to give Snead extra money.

Anyway, 2024 wise, I have the 49ers $6.738M over the projected $242.5M cap, plus their carryover and projected adjustments, so really they should have around $282.355M adjusted cap, redoing Deebo saves over $15.8M, extending Ward, Armstead, & Greenlaw saves $27.668M, that's over $43M in cap savings, team should have cap room to bring in some more 1yr deal guys, bring back a Feliciano, Burks, McCloud, while also extending Aiyuk. I now think Chase Young is let to test the market, if it's not hot, I'd consider a much lower multi-year deal.
What about Jauan Jennings?
Originally posted by Patton:
What about Jauan Jennings?

RFA this offseason, so he'll likely get the 2nd round RFA tender.
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

I thought we had a lot of cap space, are we really -2 mil starting 2024? I'm confused cause I'm not a cap guy pro lol.... AB thoughts and maybe clarify as if I'm 5?
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I thought we had a lot of cap space, are we really -2 mil starting 2024? I'm confused cause I'm not a cap guy pro lol.... AB thoughts and maybe clarify as if I'm 5?

That does not show the 2023 cap. Which i allowed to be rolled over to 2024.

Originally posted by jdt84_2:

That does not show the 2023 cap. Which i allowed to be rolled over to 2024.
Thanks Mr Goodell !
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Thanks Mr Goodell !

Anytime, thi year i will let you it on my brown recliner in my baement if you want.
Hi AB,

FA wise, I think CB & EDGE would be areas we look at especially if Young isn't retained.

I'm starting to agree with this more & more, will need to look at my offseason plan & change some things.

I disagreed if this was after the trade like immediately but after the non production I'd agree more with this.

Young stinks. The Skins gave him away for a bag of chips.

They include carryover, I have their carryover at around $36.2M, right now I have them just under $7M over, only because Lenoir, Huf, & Banks will see their base salaries escalate for 2024, they save over $15.8M by redoing Deebo, if they choose to extend Ward, AA, & Dre they can save up to $27.668M, that's over $43M saved, so they'd have in the high $30M's to spend, plus the ability to extend BA and lower his cap number a bit, which will help in signing draft picks, now that we have a 1st & 2nd again, we need to be mindful of the cap room, but we're in great condition with the cap. Not worried one bit. I can see Banks & Lenoir getting short extensions(3yrs), while BA gets a longer extension(4yrs).
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Hi AB,

Young stinks. The Skins gave him away for a bag of chips.

Idk what it is, but Chase is getting close but missing the QBs, he's getting pressures, he had a ton it seemed in the LAR & GB game, but no sacks, and to be a high paid guy he needs to have those sack numbers, maybe he takes less to stick with Nick Bosa, like a hometown discount type deal, we need an EDGE, I'd be fine with a short term deal that we can get out of, just to see if Chase can do more in a full year under Kocurek.
Share 49ersWebzone