There are 150 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by philgardis49:
Hi AB,

Really enjoyed your analysis on how we could keep a lot of the players we currently have and add possibly more this next offseason.

I have a few questions, first with the new contract that you had Feliciano slated at are you saying that he is the answer at RG at least for 2-3 yrs and what does that mean for Burford? Second what position do you see us going after in free agency? And lastly what position do we consider most important in the draft and is it going to based off of what we do in free agency or bpa?

All answers are greatly appreciated.

I would say Feliciano is that bridge at RG, maybe not long term answer.

FA wise, I think CB & EDGE would be areas we look at especially if Young isn't retained.

Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
Hey AB, I know you put out an early 2024 plan, but I'm thinking there are better places to spend cap than Chase Young. I thought he would be more impactful. I'd rather pick up a 3rd round comp pick and try to find some help for the secondary and OL, than lock up cap with him. Thouights?

I'm starting to agree with this more & more, will need to look at my offseason plan & change some things.

'I think a CB opposite Ward would be nice, another younger EDGE too.

Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Hey AB, I know you put out an early 2024 plan, but I'm thinking there are better places to spend cap than Chase Young. I thought he would be more impactful. I'd rather pick up a 3rd round comp pick and try to find some help for the secondary and OL, than lock up cap with him. Thouights?

Yep no need to sign Young.

I disagreed if this was after the trade like immediately but after the non production I'd agree more with this.

Young stinks. The Skins gave him away for a bag of chips.

Idk what it is, but Chase is getting close but missing the QBs, he's getting pressures, he had a ton it seemed in the LAR & GB game, but no sacks, and to be a high paid guy he needs to have those sack numbers, maybe he takes less to stick with Nick Bosa, like a hometown discount type deal, we need an EDGE, I'd be fine with a short term deal that we can get out of, just to see if Chase can do more in a full year under Kocurek.

He has zero discipline against the run. Make all the excuses you want, he is getting one on one looks, in a contract year with a chance to go to the SB. Not sure motivates this guy.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

I thought we had a lot of cap space, are we really -2 mil starting 2024? I'm confused cause I'm not a cap guy pro lol.... AB thoughts and maybe clarify as if I'm 5?

They include carryover, I have their carryover at around $36.2M, right now I have them just under $7M over, only because Lenoir, Huf, & Banks will see their base salaries escalate for 2024, they save over $15.8M by redoing Deebo, if they choose to extend Ward, AA, & Dre they can save up to $27.668M, that's over $43M saved, so they'd have in the high $30M's to spend, plus the ability to extend BA and lower his cap number a bit, which will help in signing draft picks, now that we have a 1st & 2nd again, we need to be mindful of the cap room, but we're in great condition with the cap. Not worried one bit. I can see Banks & Lenoir getting short extensions(3yrs), while BA gets a longer extension(4yrs).

Ahh ok, now I get it... thanks as always AB
There are also a few players who are most likely not going to come back or get released outright. Kinlaw for instance that will add to the cap space. They should add 2-3 OL, 2 DB's, 1-2 WR's and maybe a FB for the future. With 11 picks & FA they should be able to make the team better. JMHO The good thing is the 49ers are a team many good players want to come and play for. The future looks bright, now just get the job at hand done!!!!! Winning the NFCCG & SB.

I thought we had a lot of cap space, are we really -2 mil starting 2024? I'm confused cause I'm not a cap guy pro lol.... AB thoughts and maybe clarify as if I'm 5?

They include carryover, I have their carryover at around $36.2M, right now I have them just under $7M over, only because Lenoir, Huf, & Banks will see their base salaries escalate for 2024, they save over $15.8M by redoing Deebo, if they choose to extend Ward, AA, & Dre they can save up to $27.668M, that's over $43M saved, so they'd have in the high $30M's to spend, plus the ability to extend BA and lower his cap number a bit, which will help in signing draft picks, now that we have a 1st & 2nd again, we need to be mindful of the cap room, but we're in great condition with the cap. Not worried one bit. I can see Banks & Lenoir getting short extensions(3yrs), while BA gets a longer extension(4yrs).

Any time

Any time

So that -2 they show already includes the 38 existing space that rolls over next season?
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
There are also a few players who are most likely not going to come back or get released outright. Kinlaw for instance that will add to the cap space. They should add 2-3 OL, 2 DB's, 1-2 WR's and maybe a FB for the future. With 11 picks & FA they should be able to make the team better. JMHO The good thing is the 49ers are a team many good players want to come and play for. The future looks bright, now just get the job at hand done!!!!! Winning the NFCCG & SB.

One of the DBs will need to be another safety. Gibson is getting older and Huf is coming off injury. Wasn't this a contract year for Huf? He might have cost himself a few bucks.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:

One of the DBs will need to be another safety. Gibson is getting older and Huf is coming off injury. Wasn't this a contract year for Huf? He might have cost himself a few bucks.
Agree
Is there a way to lose Oliver's cap for next year? He's obviously deep bench at almost $4M next year.
Is there a way to lose Oliver's cap for next year? He's obviously deep bench at almost $4M next year.

I think if we cut him, we save 3.5 mil?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Any time

So that -2 they show already includes the 38 existing space that rolls over next season?

Bump…just want to know what they have next year including the 38 rollover

Bump. This is very relevant now.
How much can we spend on someone else if armstead is cut?
Originally posted by Team49ers:

Lol We aren't cutting Armstead. Financially it doesn't make any sense, and he's still a force.
Originally posted by BYisGod:

Lol We aren't cutting Armstead. Financially it doesn't make any sense, and he's still a force.

What about DBo and Kittle? Both are looking at big money this next year. Can we save anything by trading them? Both were invisible in the SB. Deebo was manned up all night, the Chiefs weren't worried at all about him. Love him and Kittle but they both made little if any impact on the biggest 49er game in the last decade. This team was stacked.

Not happening but if post June 1st we get back 18 M with 10 M dead. And 7 M dead the next year also.
Share 49ersWebzone