LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 124 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who are candidates for restructure outside of Deebo and Fred? Would it be better to extend Mooney now?
Just saw AB's off season mock. Thoughts?

Nice work AB and nice drop NY

First thing that really jumps out at me is that in a age of teams finding dirt cheap running backs the Niners are paying 21.7 million for the starting rb and fb. Team building wise that is just nuts. And Juice needs a pay cut ASAP. I just don't get his salary when you look at his production. The guy is barley involved in the offense.

How much do they save by tendering JJ as a 3rd round RFA? I can't see any team giving up a 3rd rounder for him especially with all the wr's in this draft

I have no issue with resigning Feliciano and CF for cheap deals. I'm good letting ray ray walk.

Love signing Hunter but is that salary realistic? Seems like he would demand a lot more than that per year.

Don't like the idea of extending AA at all. Need to bite the bullet now and get rid of him when the cap hit isn't too bad. Just not smart business to extend him. They will get relief in 2024 but this contract will be a burden after.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

WHY THE HELL IS AA MAKING 28 MIL?

I knew that contract restructure money is coming up, just not that fast and that much lol

Overall solid breakdown by AB. Out of that a couple of things I personally don't want to see.

AA is a fine player and a great locker room guy, however the lingering foot issues is a problem with a player going into his 30s that's already played as much as him.

Deebo I still really like, but I don't see him as being worth that money anymore long term, not with Purdy at least. Plus, even though he still had a good year last year, it was pretty obvious he wasn't the same YAC monster anymore. I don't see him getting anywhere close to putting up that 2021 stat line that got him paid like this.

Not a fan of the Hargrave restructure either. His consistency wasn't there all season/playoffs, had some solid games though but I don't think it's worth gambling that adding that big a of cap hit for 2025/2026 on his contract. Especially since 2025 we have so many important FAs

Definitely should try extending Mooney and restructuring CMC / Warner / Kittle.

I always love AB's insight on the breakdown of contracts and how to make it work. My question would be what are his thoughts on FA Hunt for the OL? If he would be a good fit to help solidify our porous right side, what would the numbers look like and could we afford him and Danielle Hunter?
[ Edited by InfiniteEight on Mar 9, 2024 at 10:13 PM ]

Great, detailed work, as always.
Big changes afoot.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Does anyone know the update on the 49ers cap situation?
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Thread title makes me uneasy. Reminds me of 2003 season and subsequent roster purge. I know that is too extreme and unlikely but uneasy to say the least.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Thread title makes me uneasy. Reminds me of 2003 season and subsequent roster purge. I know that is too extreme and unlikely but uneasy to say the least.

Should have NEVER traded TO. Let him f'ing rot before giving him away for peanuts, what a titanic f**k up that was.

Same guy who argued with me about cutting Armstead, which is the right move.
Thinking for cap reasons we cut Dre and Juice
I think we have $3 left in cap space.
Originally posted by NCommand:

not even three fiddy
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by NCommand:

not even three fiddy

A classic! Well played.
Share 49ersWebzone