LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 189 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wouldn't say a big splash signing is about to happen, I don't think there's even big splash signings to be made. There could be a couple signings like Justin Simmons and De'Vondre Campbell, but is that really considered big splashes or B tier??

Maybe a trade acquisition.

DavanteAdams?StefonDiggs?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
I wouldn't say a big splash signing is about to happen, I don't think there's even big splash signings to be made. There could be a couple signings like Justin Simmons and De'Vondre Campbell, but is that really considered big splashes or B tier??

lol

Well, Trades...
Originally posted by Zachary:
lol

Those 2 names are more humorous. But i imagine trade is the likely splash scenerio.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
George Kittle and Javon Hargrave also restructured saving close to $16 million in cap space.

When such things happen I always think about a big splash signing or trade.
Can there be other reasons to do it now?
They already released Armstead to help sign the rookie class.

Is this premature to have such toughts? Other reasons for that?

Simmons is probably as "splashy" of a free agency signing as it gets at least at this point. He has multiple Pro Bowls/All-Pros and got multiple first place All-Pro votes this season.

Only thing "splashier" would be a trade for Sneed or something.

I can see Simmons or Sneed. I think they're up to something.
Niners created $16M in cap space. Will have an extra $18M post June and can create $10M more by extending BA. They're just fine
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

lol no
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
George Kittle and Javon Hargrave also restructured saving close to $16 million in cap space.

When such things happen I always think about a big splash signing or trade.
Can there be other reasons to do it now?
They already released Armstead to help sign the rookie class.

Is this premature to have such toughts? Other reasons for that?

Simmons is probably as "splashy" of a free agency signing as it gets at least at this point. He has multiple Pro Bowls/All-Pros and got multiple first place All-Pro votes this season.

Only thing "splashier" would be a trade for Sneed or something.

I can see Simmons or Sneed. I think they're up to something.

This I definitely see
They just creating extra space IMO. Really nobody out there big to get. We will see a few more lower cost signings. Good s**t
Originally posted by lamontb:
They just creating extra space IMO. Really nobody out there big to get. We will see a few more lower cost signings. Good s**t

I think they can roll over any unused portion into next year. They will need all they can get when they negotiate a new deal for Brock.

They don't need anymore splashy signings, just a few grunts that will do the dirty work with some attitude. The draft is full of OL, trade up if they have to but I wouldn't mind seeing them go heavy on OL and a nice TE and some DB's. The one they that can be addressed in Free Agent is a backup to CMC that can stay healthly.
They have to wrap Brandon up right? How much for the rookie class?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Holy s**t, the 49ers now have $36 mil in cap.
Is that including the post June 1 AA number? It's confusing a bit how that works.
Share 49ersWebzone