LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 200 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Is that including the post June 1 AA number? It's confusing a bit how that works.

That's why they have a guy that specializes in contracts.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Sigh. I really don't like the Kittle and Hargrave restructures (although the Hargrave one isn't terrible). These are guys that won't age well.
Originally posted by BYisGod:

Sigh. I really don't like the Kittle and Hargrave restructures (although the Hargrave one isn't terrible). These are guys that won't age well.

I feel like Kittle can last a long time if he is asked to block less and catch more. which imo is what they should be doing.
Are there any details on the Kittle restructure? Hargraves doesn't look too bad.

Can someone confirm this before I throw it into my groupchat of niner haters that tell me all the time how we cant afford anyone
Originally posted by Zachary:

Can someone confirm this before I throw it into my groupchat of niner haters that tell me all the time how we cant afford anyone

Confirmed!! We have a well oiled machine here. Fans need to appreciate how Lynch and Co manage the cap to allow them to keep a competitive team year after year. This sets up nicely to be able to sign BA this year and Brock next year.
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Confirmed!! We have a well oiled machine here. Fans need to appreciate how Lynch and Co manage the cap to allow them to keep a competitive team year after year. This sets up nicely to be able to sign BA this year and Brock next year.

This is what I was telling folks when the QB makes $900k you can make things happen. Question is how do we deploy all this dry powder
Originally posted by Oscar8325:

100% the bold.
I keep seeing posts about them using the money to "make a splash" but I think it just means they will be able to lock in BA now and then BP later.

It's wrong lol, I was confused when he posted that

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 15, 2024 at 12:21 PM ]

Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
I keep seeing posts about them using the money to "make a splash" but I think it just means they will be able to lock in BA now and then BP later.

They don't need cap space to extend BA. Purdy's cap won't be massive for a couple years.

I just figured it was including AA's release.

Also, does that $36M include the $18M from Armstead thay we can use post June 1?

So I'm guessing the current $11.7M under the cap doesn't include armsteads $18M that we can't account for until June 1.

also, regarding the need for money to extend BA - his cap hit is like $14M this year but we can change that to way lowe with an extension while he gets a large signing bonus that can be spread out over numerous years.
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:

They don't need cap space to extend BA. Purdy's cap won't be massive for a couple years.

This. JL said we are gonna be aggressive. I hear some noise on J Simmons, what about Tyron Smith
Share 49ersWebzone