LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 140 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Zachary:

Can someone confirm this before I throw it into my groupchat of niner haters that tell me all the time how we cant afford anyone

It's wrong lol, I was confused when he posted that

so seems MM is doing early april fools on us
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Zachary:

Can someone confirm this before I throw it into my groupchat of niner haters that tell me all the time how we cant afford anyone

It's wrong lol, I was confused when he posted that

so seems MM is doing early april fools on us

smh this is why i have trust issues
Originally posted by tankle104:
So I'm guessing the current $11.7M under the cap doesn't include armsteads $18M that we can't account for until June 1.

also, regarding the need for money to extend BA - his cap hit is like $14M this year but we can change that to way lowe with an extension while he gets a large signing bonus that can be spread out over numerous years.

Might not push the Armstead amount to June 1st. Take medicine now to clear the deck for 25.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
So I'm guessing the current $11.7M under the cap doesn't include armsteads $18M that we can't account for until June 1.

also, regarding the need for money to extend BA - his cap hit is like $14M this year but we can change that to way lowe with an extension while he gets a large signing bonus that can be spread out over numerous years.

Might not push the Armstead amount to June 1st. Take medicine now to clear the deck for 25.

What's done is done, they can't undo the Post June 1 designation, that $18M should be for in season moves and/or to carryover into 2025.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
What's done is done, they can't undo the Post June 1 designation, that $18M should be for in season moves and/or to carryover into 2025.

Yeah, can't undo it. Once it's designated, it's set in stone.

it'll be nice to have that kind of cap space during the summer and before the trade deadline - gives us the chance to snag up someone that a team is deciding to move on from or firesale. Either that, or we just roll it over and are in better shape next year.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
George Kittle and Javon Hargrave also restructured saving close to $16 million in cap space.

When such things happen I always think about a big splash signing or trade.
Can there be other reasons to do it now?
They already released Armstead to help sign the rookie class.

Is this premature to have such toughts? Other reasons for that?

I wouldn't say a big splash signing is about to happen, I don't think there's even big splash signings to be made. There could be a couple signings like Justin Simmons and De'Vondre Campbell, but is that really considered big splashes or B tier??

Simmons is probably as "splashy" of a free agency signing as it gets at least at this point. He has multiple Pro Bowls/All-Pros and got multiple first place All-Pro votes this season.

Only thing "splashier" would be a trade for Sneed or something.

I can see Simmons or Sneed. I think they're up to something.

This I definitely see

Well it almost certainly won't be Sneed after the Yiadom signing.

Curious how much Simmons will get. Haven't the Titans been trying to sign him for a few days now?

We're obviously not spending this money on FA this year with a plan to roll over this to next year to start preparing to pay Brock and possibly Aiyuk.

Yeah, can't undo it. Once it's designated, it's set in stone.

it'll be nice to have that kind of cap space during the summer and before the trade deadline - gives us the chance to snag up someone that a team is deciding to move on from or firesale. Either that, or we just roll it over and are in better shape next year.

It was $ we had to come up with for in-season spending and paying for our rookies regardless.
How's our compensatory outlook so far?

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
How's our compensatory outlook so far?

Right now a 7th for Woerner according tomOTC, would change with a Chase Young signing if he gets a good amount.
Just an FYI, I have us $16m under, but before a bunch of deals that haven't been announced or term s known, like Elliott, Givens, Floyd, Odum, Conley, Yiadom, Lucas, that might it.
Just an FYI, I have us $16m under, but before a bunch of deals that haven't been announced or term s known, like Elliott, Givens, Floyd, Odum, Conley, Yiadom, Lucas, that might it.

That should leave us in good shape for the rookie pool.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yes plus the $18m from AA come June 2nd, & we can save up to $8m on an Aiyuk extension
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Mar 16, 2024 at 5:46 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yes plus the $18m from AA come June 2nd, & we can save up to $8m on an Aiyuk extension

We're good!
Share 49ersWebzone