LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 273 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, 2024 Cap Room=$55,944,326 as of 10/5/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Purdy is heading into year 3 of a 4 year rookie contract, if/when he signs a new deal what happens to the 4th year of his current rookie contract? Rookie contracts cannot be voided, correct? So even after he signs he will have another, rookie contract year before his cap number rises?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Purdy is heading into year 3 of a 4 year rookie contract, if/when he signs a new deal what happens to the 4th year of his current rookie contract? Rookie contracts cannot be voided, correct? So even after he signs he will have another, rookie contract year before his cap number rises?

It's a contract extension, meaning his new deal is tacked on. He's still earning $980k next year on the books
Originally posted by frenchmov:

It's a contract extension, meaning his new deal is tacked on. He's still earning $980k next year on the books

He'd likely get somewhere in the $65m-$75m signing bonus, so prorate that over 5yrs plus a $1.1m bade in 2024 would be a much lower cap hit then what ppl think.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by frenchmov:

He'd likely get somewhere in the $65m-$75m signing bonus, so prorate that over 5yrs plus a $1.1m bade in 2024 would be a much lower cap hit then what ppl think.

Yea, unlike the other major sports these contracts aren't real after the guaranteed money.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
I do not agree, the NFLs success is in every team is on equal footing.

I do not want the Dodgers vs the A's in the NFL.

I agree. The implementation of the salary cap created much better competition across the NFL. When you have almost every team and fan base believing they have a shot to win everything, then it generates more money and interest as a whole. As Niner fans, we benefited greatly during the 80's and 90's when there was no cap. But if you were not a fan of one of the teams that was perpetually in the playoffs during those eras, then you weren't spending money on tickets, jerseys, or contributing to TV ratings.
Originally posted by DrJawbreaker:

I agree. The implementation of the salary cap created much better competition across the NFL. When you have almost every team and fan base believing they have a shot to win everything, then it generates more money and interest as a whole. As Niner fans, we benefited greatly during the 80's and 90's when there was no cap. But if you were not a fan of one of the teams that was perpetually in the playoffs during those eras, then you weren't spending money on tickets, jerseys, or contributing to TV ratings.

This is a better business model by far. Its just a horrible product half the time.

What I mean is most weeks only half the games are watchable. Who wants to see the Giants vs Titans or the Jets vs Jaguars? From a Dynasty standpoint I guess you could also say there has been clear 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, and Patriots fatigue as well. The Chiefs Dynasty is palatable cause its the new flavor.
I liked it better when you had dominant football teams playing against one another every week. But I also remember back in the 80's & 90's when we played the Falcons, Saints, and Rams twice a year and that was horrible as well.
How much would we save by cutting either Dobbs or Allen, and then bring them back to the practice squad?
All going to Aiyuk. LOL.

How much would we save by cutting either Dobbs or Allen, and then bring them back to the practice squad?

I do not think Dobbs will go to the practice squad, and definitely will not stick there through injuries.

$0 on Dobbs, his deal is fully GTD, Allen has $700K GTD between part of base & signing bonus, he's more likely to be cut IMO, he won't go thru waivers, same as Dobbs, but Allen I think is more likely to go to the PS, Dobbs wouldn't last on the PS IMO, he'd be signed off it.

Originally posted by DrJawbreaker:

This is a better business model by far. Its just a horrible product half the time.

What I mean is most weeks only half the games are watchable. Who wants to see the Giants vs Titans or the Jets vs Jaguars? From a Dynasty standpoint I guess you could also say there has been clear 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, and Patriots fatigue as well. The Chiefs Dynasty is palatable cause its the new flavor.
I liked it better when you had dominant football teams playing against one another every week. But I also remember back in the 80's & 90's when we played the Falcons, Saints, and Rams twice a year and that was horrible as well.

It is a better model, unlike Baseball where it seems only a handful of teams are contenders each yr, the NFL has new teams stepping up each yr.
If I'm looking into the future properly in think we're set up well as far as not being hit with dead money and salary cap hell.

As long as we manage Brock's contract well we have a group of All Pros and their top contracts leaving when they do (estimated years of high productivity remaining)

Trent Williams (2)
Kittle (2)
Fred (2)

BA (TBD, but guessing 3)
Debo - (1) I don't see us renewing unless Aiyuk drops.

So again guessing that our SB 'window' is this year because major changes start coming next year.

In 2026 we need to hit on new draft picks to keep the Brock train going or we end up like the Seahawks, a competitive team until Wilson's wheels fell off.

Brady & Bellichik kept the Pats competitive and champions for a long time but they sprinkled in draft picks, older proven vets, coaching, and unauthorized methods(cheating).
Brock and his agent about to break the bank next year
Did your calculator explode AB?
With BA's extension, they saved $8.399M in 2024 cap room, they're now $23,913,313 under their adjusted cap, but this is assuming that the 6 players with 3 or more accrued years on the PS are getting the max salary of $21,300 a week, or $383,400 for the yr.

A Trent Williams deal could save as much as $15.072M, more likely they end up saving between $8M-$10M in both 2024 & 2025, which would give the team between $31.913M-$33.913M in 2024 cap room, set aside $5M for emergencies & they could have between $26.913M-$28.913M in potential carryover into 2025, where, if the cap ends up being $280M, they'd be $19,400,956 over that projected $280M cap, with 37 players signed, or $31,160,956 over with 51 players signed, the 14 new players making the minimum in 2025.

If they do get a deal done with Trent, & save both $10M this yr, and $10M next yr, the 2025 cap space would go from $19,400,956 over to $9,400,956 over with 37, and $21,160,956 over with 51 players, while if they end up carryover say $28M, they'd end up being, before any other deals, $18.6M under the $280M cap, with Aiyuk & Trent signed, but with 37 players signed, with 51 the cap room goes down to $6.839M.

Also note that Purdy's base salary for 2025 will escalate from $1.1M to the 2nd-round RFA tender amount, which under a $280M cap, it'd be $5.631M.

Extending the likes of Deebo Samuel Sr., George Kittle, & Fred Warner in 2025 would save the team as much as $12,344,423 for Deebo, $10.516M for Kittle, & $13.116M for Warner, while restructuring Javon Hargrave saves the team $14.916M.

Also the 49ers will most certainly get back base salary guarantees that they gave out to both veterans & UDFAs.

QB Tanner Mordecai - $100K
TE Eric Saubert - $300K
TE Mason Pline - $40K
C/G Ben Bartch- $302,400
C Drake Nugent - $175K
NT Evan Anderson - $225K out of $250K
CB Rock Ya-Sin - $985K
FS Jaylen Mahoney - $27K

That's a total of $2,154,400 in potential credits/extra cap room, while they'll also get back, as of now, the following in per game roster bonuses not attained.

C/RG Jon Feliciano - $117,647
WLB Dre Greenlaw - $88,235

A total of $205,882, bringing potential credits up to $2,360,282

They could get the following back, if these players get signed by another team.

TE Logan Thomas - $300K
OT Chris Hubbard - $300K

So potentially $600K more.

Also the 49ers have several players with incentives, both LTBE & NLTBE.

LTBEs.

WR Deebo Samuel Sr. - $150K for 3 or more rushing TDs

C Jake Brendel - $500K for an unknown percentage of playtime

RT Colton McKivitz - $620K for an unknown percentage of playtime

CB Charvarius Ward - $500K, $250K each for Pro Bowl & All-Pro

Of the LTBEs, I think all are very likely, baring injuries, to be earned, Deebo should get 3 or more rush TDs, Brendel will certainly play most, if not all of the snaps at center, McKivitz same as Brendel, and Ward should be a Pro Bowler & All-Pro, as long as his play doesn't decline, as he's one of the top 5-10 CBs in the NFL IMO.

Now NLTBEs.

WR Deebo Samuel Sr. - $500K for getting to or over 380 rushing yards, his incentives are capped at a max of $650K

DE Leonard Floyd - $2M, broken down like this, $500K for 8 or more sacks, $1M for 10 or more sacks, & $2M for 12 or more sacks, there's also some sorta team achievement tied to the first 2 tiers($500K & $1M), not sure what it is, might be either winning certain number of games, playing a certain number of games, winning the division, making the playoffs, and potentially winning the Super Bowl.

WLB Dre Greenlaw - $500K for making the Pro Bowl, which I would have said wasn't far fetched, but with him missing a minimum of 4 games, it seems unlikely.

SS George Odum - $1.5M, for unknown triggers, likely, if it wasn't taken out of his deal when he was extended, he'd have something for Pro Bowl, maybe $150K-$250K, All-Pro like he did in 2022 which earned him $250K, playtime, tackles, INTs, etc...

P Mitch Wishnowsky - $450K, thus is broken down into 3 tiers, $250K for being named to the Pro Bowl, $100K for net punting, I think inside the 20-yard line, likely has to be among top 5-10 to earn it, and $100K for punt percentages, but not sure the thresholds.

As for NLTBEs, I think it's possible Deebo gets the 380 or more rush yards, especially if the team decides to finally give CMC some rest during the game, in which Jordan Mason should get carries, but also Deebo, as for Floyd, idk on that one, would love to see it happen, Greenlaw won't happen IMO, Odum is possible if he plays like he did in 2022 on STs, the $250K one IMO for being named an All-Pro, and Mitch potentially getting at least $100K for net punting inside the 20-yard line.

Lastly, the 49ers have options with guys who don't have guarantees in their deals in 2025, like Maliek Collins, who could save $10M by cutting him, Leonard Floyd would save either $1.476M pre June 1, or $7.95M post June 1.

Another thing I think the 49ers should do is approach Ward about an extension, if not now, before his deal voids after the Super Bowl, I think 5 days after it, they can wipe out his $12.298M dead money hit in 2025, and get his cap hit at or even below that number by a few million, if they did a deal now, they can save as much as $9.148M, but seems like he wants to wait, see how he plays, but I'd offer him a top 5 CB contract ASAP, before the market gets reset even more.
Share 49ersWebzone