LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 233 users in the forums

2018 MLB Regular Season Thread

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by JustinMT:
It's sad that we have two unbelievably talented and established young stars in the game, and they're not marketable at all for the MLB. At least not compared to the NBA or NFL players.

Disagree wholeheartedly. Especially about the NFL. NBA I give you, as that league in general does a better job marketing their players than any other league. MLB does the worst job, so I think that your idea that Harper and Trout arent marketable is more a league issue than than a them issue.

That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. The league does a horrible job marketing their talent and it hurts the sport. People know Lebron, Harden, Shaq, MJ, Aaron Rodgers, the Manning's, etc. The MLB hasn't had a recognizeable face since Jeter retired.
[ Edited by JustinMT on May 4, 2018 at 12:29 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Yeah Harper is in a bunch of things. Trout doesnt marketed as much as Harper though

I think that is just what Trout likes though.

That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. The league does a horrible job marketing their talent and it hurts the sport. People know Lebron, Harden, Shaq, MJ, Aaron Rodgers, the Manning's, etc. The MLB hasn't had a recognizeable face since Jeter retired.

wot
Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
If trout was a Yankee or Red Sox, he'd already be crowned as the greatest player ever.

He's the closest thing to Willie Mays we've ever had

Only by stupid Yankee and Red Sox fans who don't know baseball history. He wouldn't even be the greatest player in those teams' history. I hope most of their fans would know that.

His spring training #s not up to your standard or what?

I like how you two keep on bringing up your lack of understanding on my original point.

"OMG remember when 99 said Ohtani was definitely garbage and would never amount to anything because he struggled in Spring Training??"
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

wot

Obviously baseball fans are gonna know these guys when they show up in something. I'm talking about people in general. I wasn't a baseball fan when I was a kid but I still knew who Ken Griffey, Sosa, and McGwire were. It doesn't feel like they have those kind of recognizable faces now.
[ Edited by JustinMT on May 4, 2018 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

wot

Obviously baseball fans are gonna know these guys when they show up in something. I'm talking about people in general. I wasn't a baseball fan when I was a kid but I still knew who Ken Griffey, Sosa, and McGwire was. It doesn't feel like they have those kind of recognizable faces now.

I agree. Baseball has done a terrible job marketing their stars outside the MLB fanbase. It doesn't help that Trout and Harper dont seem that interested in being celebrities.

He's probably back in the clubs already.

Wonder if the Dodgers will grab him.

What the f**k happened to this dude.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

What the f**k happened to this dude.

Parties and drinks too hard is the rumor
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Albert 3K tonight!

Since we dont have a fantasy baseball thread.

This is insane.

• jrg
  • Veteran

BOOM!
I think Ichiro could've retired years ago, been elected to the hall of fame, and then come back and played. That would've been dope.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

BOOM!

Only 3 players in major league history have averaged. 320 with 40 hrs and 100+ rbis through the first 11 years of their career.
1. Babe Ruth
2. Jimmy Fox
3. Albert Pujols

Only 4 players in the history of MLB have achieved both 3,000 hits and 600 home runs.
1. Willie Mays
2. Alex Rodriguez
3. Hank Aaron
4. Albert Pujols
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
It's sad that we have two unbelievably talented and established young stars in the game, and they're not marketable at all for the MLB. At least not compared to the NBA or NFL players.

Most baseball players are just extremely bland. Judge plays in ny and he's a hard sell even after the push by baseball last year
Share 49ersWebzone