LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 157 users in the forums

FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 THREAD

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I really dont care who wins on Sunday but based on these semi-finals Germany has to be a pretty big favorite.

One more thing..... Deciding a semi final game in the WC by 5 penalty kicks just seems so wrong.

This.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I really dont care who wins on Sunday but based on these semi-finals Germany has to be a pretty big favorite.

One more thing..... Deciding a semi final game in the WC by 5 penalty kicks just seems so wrong.

This.

They should shrink the field in half and make them play 7 on 7 golden goal.

This.

to be fair they won the same way against costa rica the match before.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

This.

to be fair they won the same way against costa rica the match before.

Germany doesn't need penalty kicks to win their games...

its about a 2-1 Fav for germany as of now..could change when it gets closer
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 9, 2014 at 4:33 PM ]
lol at people overlooking Argentina because of Germany's beatdown of Brazil yesterday. Argentina today played a much better version of what Algeria played against Germany in the round of 16, when Germany had to go to OT to win it. By better I mean they played a complete game first defending then not just counter attacking, but controlling the ball as well. Argentina won despite a subpar performance from Messi.

Germany ain't blowing out Argentina and they're also not a slam dunk favorite.
is messi better than donovan yet?
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
is messi better than donovan yet?

still not clutch

This.

I really don't have a problem with deciding games on penalties, at least when it comes to soccer. Each team has 2 hours and plenty of opportunities to win the match. If it doesn't happen, the game has got to end. At that point these guys have probably ran close to 10 miles, some of that in full sprint, while throwing their bodies around and taking hard tackles. It's a physically draining game to play.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
is angel gonna play vs germany?

Yes.

Originally posted by SofaKing:

This.

I really don't have a problem with deciding games on penalties, at least when it comes to soccer. Each team has 2 hours and plenty of opportunities to win the match. If it doesn't happen, the game has got to end. At that point these guys have probably ran close to 10 miles, some of that in full sprint, while throwing their bodies around and taking hard tackles. It's a physically draining game to play.

Here's the solution: allow off-sides in extra time and make it sudden death.

Just like American Football!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I like that idea! Soccer purists will never go for it though lol.
GO GERMANY!!!!!

Man, I wish I was still living there. I can only imagine how crazy it is there right now.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

I like that idea! Soccer purists will never go for it though lol.

Yeah I don't get that. Penalty kicks in soccer to me is the silliest way to decide a game out of any major sport. They should experiment with other rules like taking out off-sides, sudden death, decreasing the # of players on the field, mandatory substitutions, etc.
Originally posted by VDSF:
is angel gonna play vs germany?

Yes.

uh. NO.
Share 49ersWebzone