LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 173 users in the forums

FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 THREAD

Germany wont finish 90 without a score and Argentinas offense is broken. Masch deserves all the credit for this win. He was an absolute master at directing. Unfortunately Lows tactical genius will get the better of him. Sorry but Germany are outright favorites. Messi was so awful today but for what its worth Van Gaal had his defense swarm him on the ball. Which is what Low will do. Predicted this final and Germany to win.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
oh please tell me you barely make decisions in your life, that's not a "solution"

hey guys, here's an idea for overtime in NFL playoffs: allow false starts!

They should bring the bases closer after the 9th inning...and umpire's strike zone should shrink by an inch every inning.

yup and let's bring the hoop down to 6 inches in basketball OT.

I can tell you guys are real soccer fans, flopping over a suggestion and crying bloody murder

Oh and empty net during OTs in Hockey.

What? Empty net OT winner? I've taken 30+ non hockey fans to live games over the years, including a group of guys that played soccer on college, everyone loved hockey. It's not popular because it's expensive to play, opposite of soccer and it's allure that anyone can play

Comparing soccer to a real mans sport like hockey, lol.

I played soccer, you ever learn to skate? Nope . Talking about stuff you know nothing about
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 10, 2014 at 12:38 AM ]
Soccer beats the s**t out of hockey. In every way besides the fist fights.
Who you got? I hate Argentina by default germany.......
Originally posted by eonblue:

yeah you never see hockey players take dives and cry like little girls, which is why soccer is better.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
yeah you never see hockey players take dives and cry like little girls, which is why soccer is better.

orly

hockey now better than NBA too
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

ha!

Pulling for Argentina but if I was a betting man I would put it on Germany

This guy on crack.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Pulling for Argentina but if I was a betting man I would put it on Germany

Yeah if I was gonna put money I'd definitely go with Germany, better players and playing better futbol. Argentina though haven't given up a goal since group play finished, amazing considering their defense was supposed to be their weakness. Sabella has employed a scheme that has aided their weakness, sacrificing some of the flair.
oh please tell me you barely make decisions in your life, that's not a "solution"

They should bring the bases closer after the 9th inning...and umpire's strike zone should shrink by an inch every inning.

I can tell you guys are real soccer fans, flopping over a suggestion and crying bloody murder

What? Empty net OT winner? I've taken 30+ non hockey fans to live games over the years, including a group of guys that played soccer on college, everyone loved hockey. It's not popular because it's expensive to play, opposite of soccer and it's allure that anyone can play

I played soccer, you ever learn to skate? Nope . Talking about stuff you know nothing about

looool...wow dude you're very sensitive. Maybe insecure about your favorite sport's popularity!? It was a joke. Talk about crying bloody murder. Calm down dude.

and lol @ real man's sport. I don't think any of the major team sports push bodies to the limit like soccer. I'm not trying to put down hockey or any sport. Hockey is extremely physical too...but soccer is brutal. So soccer players flop to get calls...In every sport...athletes try to fool refs. It doesn't make someone a less of a man...lol

...and how would you know if I ever learned to skate? haha...what is wrong with you? I actually did learn to skate when I was around 5-6 lol
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 10, 2014 at 11:12 AM ]

You never see soccer players run to the sidelines every few minutes to take a seat because they're tired lol

Players dive to get an advantage over their opponent...every sport tries to gain advantage by fooling the ref.

Look...hockey is physically tough - but soccer pushes the body to it's limit. You don't get to play in controlled environment...you don't get to stop and take a break (only 15 minutes half time break)...there are no timeouts...you can't sub in and sub out all game.

..and there are plenty of brutal tackles in soccer too and you only get to protect your shins.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jul 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM ]

looool...wow dude you're very sensitive. Maybe insecure about your sport's popularity!? It was a joke. Talk about crying bloody murder. Calm down dude.

and lol @ real man's sport. I don't think any of the major team sports push bodies to the limit like soccer. I'm not trying to put down hockey or any sport. Hockey is extremely physical too...but soccer is brutal. So soccer players flop to get calls...In every sport...athletes try to fool refs. It doesn't make someone a less of a man...lol

...and how would you know if I ever learned to skate? haha...what is wrong with you? I actually did learn to skate when I was around 5-6 lol

no way soccer is more physically demanding than football.
Share 49ersWebzone