George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 171 users in the forums

FIFA WORLD CUP 2014 THREAD

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 4ML:
It will destroy the game.

Oh, I'm not advocating it, I have just noticed my friends get most annoyed by the off-sides calls in games. It's profoundly un-American. "No cherry picking. f**k this I'm out."

There's offsides in football. lol
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 4ML:
It will destroy the game.

Oh, I'm not advocating it, I have just noticed my friends get most annoyed by the off-sides calls in games. It's profoundly un-American. "No cherry picking. f**k this I'm out."

lol I was thinking the same thing
Higuain is getting owned all game long, lol.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jul 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM ]
That's careless play, just like when somebody goes spikes up. I understand the goalie's rights to the ball, but that was a dirty play.
Neuer says nein.

Not even close to the same thing. Imagine if a wide receiver wasn't allowed to go past the last defensive back on the field.
Higauin is getting owned all game long, lol.

he got hit by Dashon Goldson lol
That's careless play, just like when somebody goes spikes up. I understand the goalie's rights to the ball, but that was a dirty play.

It was reckless by Higuan. He knows the GK is coming in and Neuer don't play
Dudes getting concussed left and right!
Surprised fools don't be fighting out there

Not even close to the same thing. Imagine if a wide receiver wasn't allowed to go past the last defensive back on the field.

Imagine if defenses had to play in there goal line to avoid someone from getting in behind. It would completely take the midfield out therefore build up passing. Offsides is crucial from a strategical standpoint. It allows formations to safely overlap.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Imagine if defenses had to play in there goal line to avoid someone from getting in behind. It would completely take the midfield out therefore build up passing. Offsides is crucial from a strategical standpoint. It allows formations to safely overlap.

Like I said, I wasn't advocating it, two different games, two different sets of rules, I don't think either of them should change.
IOriginally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eonblue:

Like I said, I wasn't advocating it, two different games, two different sets of rules, I don't think either of them should change.

I know you aren't I was just pointing out why the rule exists.
soccer offsides rule allows slow white guys to defend against fast black guys
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
soccer offsides rule allows slow white guys to defend against fast black guys

dude thats just wrong

black people don't play soccer
Share 49ersWebzone