There are 202 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

only thing that bothers me is how a pitcher who warms up in the bullpen has to come in and warm up more. I mean give them 3 pitches to get accustomed to the mound and let's go already
  • jrg
  • Veteran
You set the record. Now go away, Joe West.
Originally posted by jrg:

Seriously though.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Seriously though.

Like if you're gonna enforce that rule, fine, but do it all the time. Don't just pick and choose.
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Seriously though.

Like if you're gonna enforce that rule, fine, but do it all the time. Don't just pick and choose.

He's been a master of that his entire career.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Way too much crying over this. Joe West is a d*ck, this isn't news. Switch the hat and move on.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Way too much crying over this. Joe West is a d*ck, this isn't news. Switch the hat and move on.

Sounds like you didn't watch it all if you think that was his main issue. Shocking...
cubs on a hot streak, lets f**king gooooooo. Swept the Pirates, now in first place tie in division

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/05/27/cubs-climb-nl-central-race-the-opener
[ Edited by luv49rs on May 27, 2021 at 1:29 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Sounds like you didn't watch it all if you think that was his main issue. Shocking...

I did watch it actually. Umpires never enforce anything across the board. Not sure why people are surprised by this. Not saying the umps are in the right, but people complain about the substance pitchers are using, and then when they actually try to crack down on it they complain about it.

I did watch it actually. Umpires never enforce anything across the board. Not sure why people are surprised by this. Not saying the umps are in the right, but people complain about the substance pitchers are using, and then when they actually try to crack down on it they complain about it.

So you didn't watch it then.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on May 27, 2021 at 3:42 PM ]

So you didn't watch it then.

Im saying people complain in general about the substances that pitchers around the league are using, but then get pissed when they crack down on something like this. Sunscreen or not, they looked into it, which everyone should be fine with.
I look at it a tad differently. MLB knows its happening (as evidence of the half ass inspections) but isn't really doing anything to stop it. These half ass inspections are a b******t way for them to look like they are policing it, but really its another failed approach. That's why pitchers and that manager think they're stupid. Because they are.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I look at it a tad differently. MLB knows its happening (as evidence of the half ass inspections) but isn't really doing anything to stop it. These half ass inspections are a b******t way for them to look like they are policing it, but really its another failed approach. That's why pitchers and that manager think they're stupid. Because they are.

Eggsactly
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Roberto Alomar under investigation after 3rd woman alleges sexual misconduct
Share 49ersWebzone