There are 227 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by jrg:
dude has been the backbone of one of the most successful franchises of all time for nearly a few decades

bUt lEtS lOoK aT hIs wAr!

we get it, you have a weird kink for neck tattoos. its ALWAYS the go to.

First time I've mentioned his tattoos?

and 3-5 more did years and maybe a HOFer
you never stop with the idiotic comments do you?

players are more than their offensive numbers. yadier is a generational talent and widely known as one of the best defensive players to ever play baseball. PLEASE show me a catcher who has done what this guy in terms of making pitchers better. you'll say some stupid s**t, but ACTUAL MLB PITCHERS will tell you otherwise.

you probably think ozzie smith is a terrible player too right?

brett gardner? lol

You sound so defensive. You can't even back up your argument with any numbers. In 2015 Molina was awarded the "Platinum Glove", which is supposed to represent being the best defensive player in all of baseball. But The Fielding Bible awarded Posey the best defensive catcher award that year. So Molina wasn't even the best defensive player at his own position that year, yet won the Platinum Glove? He's ultra popular, and often lives off reputation.

Look at the career 162 game average WAR for his peers, (which includes defense):

Buster Posey - 5.3
Joe Mauer - 4.8
JT Realmuto - 4.4
Salvador Perez - 4.2
Gary Sanchez - 3.8
Russell Martin - 3.7
Yasmani Grandal - 3.4
Yadier Molina - 3.2
Brian McCann - 3.0
Matt Wieters - 2.5
Jonathan Lucroy - 2.4

Hes a great defensive player, but he's overrated.

players are more than their offensive numbers. yadier is a generational talent and widely known as one of the best defensive players to ever play baseball. PLEASE show me a catcher who has done what this guy in terms of making pitchers better. you'll say some stupid s**t, but ACTUAL MLB PITCHERS will tell you otherwise.

brett gardner? lol

No one, including you, can measure this.
Originally posted by Niners99:

brett gardner? lol

You sound so defensive. You can't even back up your argument with any numbers. In 2015 Molina was awarded the "Platinum Glove", which is supposed to represent being the best defensive player in all of baseball. But The Fielding Bible awarded Posey the best defensive catcher award that year. So Molina wasn't even the best defensive player at his own position that year, yet won the Platinum Glove? He's ultra popular, and often lives off reputation.

Look at the career 162 game average WAR for his peers, (which includes defense):

Buster Posey - 5.3
Joe Mauer - 4.8
JT Realmuto - 4.4
Salvador Perez - 4.2
Gary Sanchez - 3.8
Russell Martin - 3.7
Yasmani Grandal - 3.4
Yadier Molina - 3.2
Brian McCann - 3.0
Matt Wieters - 2.5
Jonathan Lucroy - 2.4

Hes a great defensive player, but he's overrated.

I agree with all of this. Yadi will definitely be in the Hall of Fame, but I would venture to guess most voters will not do a deep dive into his career to measure whether or not he should. Same thing was happening with Omar Vizquel (hopefully that ends with the allegations he is facing).

Yadi's HOF case is predicated on his defense (which is top tier), and his affect on a pitching staff (which in an immeasurable belief that people take as fact). Everything else, is not HOF level. He was an average Major League hitter (being generous), and a substantially below average hitter compared to Hall of Famers.

There are literally articles that say "Stats aside, Molina is a Hall of Famer."

Stats aside?!? LMAO. What other Hall of Famer can you say, "he's a Hall of Famer as long as you dont look at his statistics?" That sentence alone is ridiculous.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 7, 2021 at 10:36 AM ]
Based on his neck tattoos alone, doesn't belong in the HoF
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I agree with all of this. Yadi will definitely be in the Hall of Fame, but I would venture to guess most voters will not do a deep dive into his career to measure whether or not he should. Same thing was happening with Omar Vizquel (hopefully that ends with the allegations he is facing).

Yadi's HOF case is predicated on his defense (which is top tier), and his affect on a pitching staff (which in an immeasurable belief that people take as fact). Everything else, is not HOF level. He was an average Major League hitter (being generous), and a substantially below average hitter compared to Hall of Famers.

There are literally articles that say "Stats aside, Molina is a Hall of Famer."

Stats aside?!? LMAO. What other Hall of Famer can you say, "he's a Hall of Famer as long as you dont look at his statistics?" That sentence alone is ridiculous.

I think he belongs in the HOF but not purely based on stats. I actually think the HOF votes are ridiculous and there should be more players in. And if you can get into the HOF as a DH who can't play D, or as a great hitter with s**tty defense, then great defenders who are average hitters should get in as well (not saying guys who can't hit at all).

The other reason is catcher is a tough position and durability and that long of a career is tough to do. And to still play defense really well is also amazing.

He's a good hitter. Not amazing. He's a really good to great defender. There have been better, but he's still upper tier. And had a very long and accomplished career. He deserves respect, but I do agree with 99 that he is also overrated in the minds of many baseball fans. Most fans who love Yadi probably have no idea his WAR is that low and probably never compared his numbers to other HOFers. They just see a bunch of respect, GGs, all-stars, on one of the most storied teams in baseball and think he's amazing.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I think he belongs in the HOF but not purely based on stats. I actually think the HOF votes are ridiculous and there should be more players in. And if you can get into the HOF as a DH who can't play D, or as a great hitter with s**tty defense, then great defenders who are average hitters should get in as well (not saying guys who can't hit at all).

The other reason is catcher is a tough position and durability and that long of a career is tough to do. And to still play defense really well is also amazing.

He's a good hitter. Not amazing. He's a really good to great defender. There have been better, but he's still upper tier. And had a very long and accomplished career. He deserves respect, but I do agree with 99 that he is also overrated in the minds of many baseball fans. Most fans who love Yadi probably have no idea his WAR is that low and probably never compared his numbers to other HOFers. They just see a bunch of respect, GGs, all-stars, on one of the most storied teams in baseball and think he's amazing.

jrg just can't handle the truth. He's going to burst a blood vessel over these posts. All jokes aside, there's nothing wrong with Yadi. Hes just overrated, which is a good thing, because he probably makes the HOF pretty easily because of that inflated reputation. He was a great defensive player who's real elite skill is throwing out baserunners.

His longevity is impressive, but hes been living off his defensive rep for a while now. He isn't quite what he used to be. Hes made so many All-Star teams just because of his popularity. He was barely a top 10 C in the NL this year, and somehow he jumped the line for All-Star injury replacement, only to immediately pass the spot on to someone else. But now he gets credit for another All-Star season? Give me a break.

The unfortunate part is that inflated reputation has overshadowed how great Posey is defensively. Hes been right there with Yadi for years, but people don't really hear much about it.
lost your f**king MIND if you don't think he is an instant first ballot HOFer

i just tried googling his neck tattoos to see what the fuss is about and all i see are reddit posts of dickbutt on his neck

many people have neck tats, what is the problem. Unless it's some nazi s**t, i don't get it
Originally posted by luv49rs:

i just tried googling his neck tattoos to see what the fuss is about and all i see are reddit posts of dickbutt on his neck

many people have neck tats, what is the problem. Unless it's some nazi s**t, i don't get it

Im just trying to trigger Jrg but I do think they are ugly AF. A giant cluster of musical notes and whatever else he has piled onto one side of his neck that just looks like a huge mess. Looks really good 👍

It's because jrg flips out whenever people make fun of him for having a bad temper and neck tattoos.
Meh Lance Parrish was better

It's because jrg flips out whenever people make fun of him for having a bad temper and neck tattoos.

Lol I love how he tries to come in here and troll with the Cards posts, but he ends up getting trolled and getting triggered.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Lol I love how he tries to come in here and troll with the Cards posts, but he ends up getting trolled and getting triggered.

He can only hold it in for so long until he fires off 3 consecutive, insult filled rage posts. lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Bellinger lol
Share 49ersWebzone