LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 103 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Niners99:

You did, all 3 times.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Hard to see Zack Wheeler on the mound and not immediately think of Carlos Beltran, even 11 years later.

Yessir.. I stand by the deal even tho it didn't work. When you win the first WS in SF history; push the chips in let's get another.. it was our first defending champs season in SF.. I certainly feel you tho he is an ace. Phillies I suspected they would be a handful in postseason cuz they have multiple flat out aces.

We get family friendly Nola on Nola action now
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Hard to see Zack Wheeler on the mound and not immediately think of Carlos Beltran, even 11 years later.

Yessir.. I stand by the deal even tho it didn't work. When you win the first WS in SF history; push the chips in let's get another.. it was our first defending champs season in SF.. I certainly feel you tho he is an ace. Phillies I suspected they would be a handful in postseason cuz they have multiple flat out aces.

We get family friendly Nola on Nola action now

Agreed. They were trying to fill the hole left in the lineup when Posey got hurt. Wheeler didn't end up becoming something worth missing until he was like 30 anyways. The Mets gave up on him.

I don't even consider it a bad trade because Wheeler ended up becoming available in free agency at the end of his rookie contract. The Giants could've just signed him back if they wanted, so we really only traded his 2011-2019 seasons away, and he sucked that entire time.
where all these padres fans come from? lol

petco is lit
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
where all these padres fans come from? lol

petco is lit

LA
  • jrg
  • Veteran
You did, all 3 times.

But that has nothing to do with the Giants, once again, being irrelevant again. Dodgers and Padres gonna run that division. Its like Brewers fans talking s**t to the Cardinals.

Sucks to suck.
You did, all 3 times.

But that has nothing to do with the Giants, once again, being irrelevant again. Dodgers and Padres gonna run that division. Its like Brewers fans talking s**t to the Cardinals.

Sucks to suck.

Yadi has dumb tattoos
You did, all 3 times.

Sucks to suck.

The Cards are just as relevant as the Giants now. Both sitting on the couch. Things can change quick.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
You did, all 3 times.

Sucks to suck.

The Cards are just as relevant as the Giants now. Both sitting on the couch. Things can change quick.

But the difference is, the Cardinals have more division titles and more opportunities while the Giants will be hanging w/ the Rockies and Diamondbacks looking up at LAD/SD...so not QUITE the same.
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 21, 2022 at 2:51 PM ]
2 wins away from the World Series
6 wins away from a parade down Broad Street

Yankees gonna Yankee.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Yankees gonna Yankee.

As a yankee fan I understand, need to get rid of Boone and Cash, then DFA Donaldson and Hicks, resign Judge and Benintendi, sign a good number 2 behind Cole, some BP arms and let the kids start and play.
But the difference is, the Cardinals have more division titles and more opportunities while the Giants will be hanging w/ the Rockies and Diamondbacks looking up at LAD/SD...so not QUITE the same.

Because our division is stacked and yours is food?
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Oct 22, 2022 at 10:15 PM ]
"This is my f**king house!!!!!"

What a game
[ Edited by Knowledge on Oct 23, 2022 at 7:12 AM ]
You did, all 3 times.

Sucks to suck.

This time last year the Giants had 107 wins and nobody was saying we'd be stuck at the bottom of the division. Things can change quick. Depending on offseason moves, next October the Giants could be back playing well and the Cards could be heading downhill after all their leadership retires.
Share 49ersWebzone