Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 244 users in the forums

***2024 MLB Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by Viperboy:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Dis gonna be good.

Shohei says he was stolen from. Okay, do a audit on the bank statement. This was $4.5m and I imagine taken out over a lengthy period of time. You would have to believe Shohei has no clue what is going on in his own bank account for a very extended period of time, and his interpreter has access to said bank account. Often sending out that amount of money you need authentication with the account holder.

Gee, wonder why he didn't take questions

Probably bc he doesn't speak English lol
Dis gonna be good.

Shohei says he was stolen from. Okay, do a audit on the bank statement. This was $4.5m and I imagine taken out over a lengthy period of time. You would have to believe Shohei has no clue what is going on in his own bank account for a very extended period of time, and his interpreter has access to said bank account. Often sending out that amount of money you need authentication with the account holder.

I definitely believe him. There's plenty of athlete's or other wealthy people that have others handle their accounts. You think Shohei is paying his own electrical bills and what not?
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Dis gonna be good.

I definitely believe him. There's plenty of athlete's or other wealthy people that have others handle their accounts. You think Shohei is paying his own electrical bills and what not?

As mentioned above, even if his interpreter is handling his stuff, it's hard to wire out $4.5m in batches over time, without the primary account holder being looped into that process. 500k was being wired out at a time.

here's a piece: https://jaymariotti.substack.com/p/ohtani-says-he-was-scammed-but-how
Dis gonna be good.

As mentioned above, even if his interpreter is handling his stuff, it's hard to wire out $4.5m in batches over time, without the primary account holder being looped into that process. 500k was being wired out at a time.

here's a piece: https://jaymariotti.substack.com/p/ohtani-says-he-was-scammed-but-how

Not true at all. You can add whoever you want on your account. This is pretty common for someone handling the finances to have full authority.
Not true at all. You can add whoever you want on your account. This is pretty common for someone handling the finances to have full authority.

Point is we know Ohtani was the primary on the account. When the bookie got the wires, it came over as from Shohei Ohtani. That's the name on the account. You can add some stooge, but Ohtani is still the primary account holder, and banks don't release $500k wires, which is like buying a house, without a lot of security and getting a go ahead from the primary. So he would need stuff like Ohtani's phone, Ohtani's ID, Ohtani's signature, Ohtani's voice, etc. Even with all of that, it kinda defies belief that he's doing it all without Ohtani being in the loop. Sometimes you are out of town, and your bank will flag some lil gas station purchase as potential fraud and alert the account holder. You don't think any bells are going over with repeated $500k bank transfers? Ohtani didn't get a single notification? Hard to fathom.
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Mar 26, 2024 at 12:52 PM ]

Point is we know Ohtani was the primary on the account. When the bookie got the wires, it came over as from Shohei Ohtani. That's the name on the account. You can add some stooge, but Ohtani is still the primary account holder, and banks don't release $500k wires, which is like buying a house, without a lot of security and getting a go ahead from the primary. So he would need stuff like Ohtani's phone, Ohtani's ID, Ohtani's signature, Ohtani's voice, etc. Even with all of that, it kinda defies belief that he's doing it all without Ohtani being in the loop. Sometimes you are out of town, and your bank will flag some lil gas station purchase as potential fraud and alert the account holder. You don't think any bells are going over with repeated $500k bank transfers? Ohtani didn't get a single notification? Hard to fathom.

Ya I don't think you understand how this works lol. I'm not argue anymore about it. Just understand this is common when it comes to wealthy people. They don't have regular bank of america checking accounts that u or me might have.

Ya I don't think you understand how this works lol. I'm not argue anymore about it. Just understand this is common when it comes to wealthy people. They don't have regular bank of america checking accounts that u or me might have.

You can't be serious.
Originally posted by SFrush:

You can't be serious.

You can definitely say this was all Shohei and his guy is taking the fall for him, and that's fine. My point is there are plenty of wealthy people who don't manage their own money and have people do it for them and they have full access.

It's also possible that his guy was in a lot gambling debt, and Shohei transfered the money and didn't realize it was illegal what he was doing.

f**k Shohei, he left my team lol. I'm just explaining how it works in the real world at times.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Mar 26, 2024 at 1:38 PM ]

Bank of the 1 Percent, where your security ain't our bleeping problem, that must be where he banks
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:

You can't be serious.

You can definitely say this was all Shohei and his guy is taking the fall for him, and that's fine. My point is there are plenty of wealthy people who don't manage their own money and have people do it for them and they have full access.

It's also possible that his guy was in a lot gambling debt, and Shohei transfered the money and didn't realize it was illegal what he was doing.

f**k Shohei, he left my team lol. I'm just explaining how it works in the real world at times.

That's more believable than Shohei being unaware of nine wire transfers from his account.

Holy hell.

Holy hell.

they are going for some kind of record for item guys get forced into buying for their ladies, who proceed to eat 2 bites

Electric bill < $4,5000,000.00. Besides his big money is in Yen for crying out loud

Ronel Blanco with an no hitter in his 8th career start
Share 49ersWebzone