There are 185 users in the forums

THE KING and his Cavaliers 2015-2016 Thread

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Glad Blatt was fired now rather than in June.

I think its a joke that he was fired at all and dont believe that Lue is a better coach than Blatt or that the Cavs will somehow be a better team with him gone. This was ALL about appeasing Lebron regardless of what their GM has to say about it. Its ridiculous for anyone to say that Lebron didnt have a huge say on this decision.

Lebron wanted Blatt out last December...and wanted Mark Jackson as the coach. If it was about appeasing Lebron - Blatt would have been fired a lot time ago and Jackson would have been hired last year.

I've watched every Cavs game and I disagree that he shouldn't have been fired. We will see how Lue performs. All I know is - he is very well respected among other coaches and will be far more strict on Lebron than Blatt was.

This team was 2 games away from winning the title last year despite injuries. This year they were 30-11 and the best team in the East. I just dont believe a guy with that kind of record should be fired and I truly believe that it doesnt happen unless Lebron is pulling the strings.

Brandon Haywood and Amundson (ex-Cavs from last year's roster) have recently spoken and both have said - players didn't need to say anything to GM. It was obvious that Blatt needed to go for anything who was with the team. Players didn't respect Blatt because he never called out Lebron during video reviews. They said, Blatt let Lebron do anything he wanted. There was an incident where GM Griffin sat in one of the reviews and called out Lebron on a play he didn't get back defensively (which is Blatt's job).

Others have also said that Blatt wasn't good at managing timeout, substitutions, and drawing plays. Another incident was mentioned where Lue told Blatt that he needs to call Lebron out in front of other players when he makes a mistake, something Blatt ignored.

I don't know whether Lue will be a better coach or not...I know that Blatt should have been fired in summer. Doesn't mean he is a bad coach. I think he's a good coach and it's not his fault, he was just thrown in this situation. He needed to be an assistant for couple seasons or a coach for a young team (which is what he signed up for).

I think it's funny that reporters and ppl who haven't been in the locker room are saying what an awful decision but the ex-players are saying - this was inevitable because Blatt was inexperienced for this situation.

We can just agree to disagree. I dont believe the GM at all when he says that he didnt dicuss this with Lebron prior to pulling the trigger. Seriously? LOL. If James was supportive of Blatt and wanted him as the HC he would still be there
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
We can just agree to disagree. I dont believe the GM at all when he says that he didnt dicuss this with Lebron prior to pulling the trigger. Seriously? LOL. If James was supportive of Blatt and wanted him as the HC he would still be there

People can believe what they want. He may have talked or not talked. I'm just saying - there was no need to talk. It was obvious the locker room atmosphere was not right - as ex-players and local sports reporters have noted. Lebron wanted Blatt out last year...he is obviously not running the franchise because Blatt would have been fired last year, if that was the case...and even today - Cavs would have hired Mark Jackson if they were solely lookin' to appease Lebron.

...and never said Lebron wanted Blatt as HC.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jan 24, 2016 at 2:45 PM ]

People can believe what they want. He may have talked or not talked. I'm just saying - there was no need to talk. It was obvious the locker room atmosphere was not right - as ex-players and local sports reporters have noted. Lebron wanted Blatt out last year...he is obviously not running the franchise because Blatt would have been fired last year, if that was the case...and even today - Cavs would have hired Mark Jackson if they were solely lookin' to appease Lebron.

Come on man. They werent going to fire Blatt midseason last year or right before the playoffs. As to wanting Jackson.... has Lebron EVER said that or is that just some sportwriter's conjecture. Show me a link where he said that. Would be interested in reading it.

Lebrons holds all the cards . He can opt out next year and there is no way that ownership would do anything to upset him in any way. But believe what you want. I just dont buy it at all.
Everybody knows his Holiness wanted Blatt gone...and I would have more respect for him if he would just come out and admit it instead of his phony comments to the press about being taken aback, and caught off guard by the Blatt firing. It's just disingenuous and typical of Lebron. In this case, him and his GM are both such insufferable liars that it's impossible for anyone who isn't drinking the koolade to take them seriously.

As far as the locker room atmosphere not being right? Lol, hilarious...why would anyone expect it to be right when the on-court GM was doing every thing in his power to make it not right. I can't wait to see how this soap opera plays out, and then listen to the excuses again.

Come on man. They werent going to fire Blatt midseason last year or right before the playoffs. As to wanting Jackson.... has Lebron EVER said that or is that just some sportwriter's conjecture. Show me a link where he said that. Would be interested in reading it.

Lebrons holds all the cards . He can opt out next year and there is no way that ownership would do anything to upset him in any way. But believe what you want. I just dont buy it at all.

Jackson related

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25459363/report-lue-a-compromise-for-lebrons-camp-who-wanted-mark-jackson
  • jrg
  • Veteran
lol reno must really hate the cavs
Originally posted by whores:

Jackson related

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25459363/report-lue-a-compromise-for-lebrons-camp-who-wanted-mark-jackson

I saw the article. Like I said.. a sportswriters conjecture. Talk to me when you get any quote from Lebron or Jackson saying this to be the case.

This makes no sense. If you don't believe what he's saying now, why would you believe a quote from last year?

Do you have a quote from Lebron or the GM or any players saying Lebron told Cavs to fire Blatt or are you repeating sportswriter conjecture from the interwebs, tv, and radio?!?
Originally posted by reno9er:
Everybody knows his Holiness wanted Blatt gone...and I would have more respect for him if he would just come out and admit it instead of his phony comments to the press about being taken aback, and caught off guard by the Blatt firing. It's just disingenuous and typical of Lebron. In this case, him and his GM are both such insufferable liars that it's impossible for anyone who isn't drinking the koolade to take them seriously.

As far as the locker room atmosphere not being right? Lol, hilarious...why would anyone expect it to be right when the on-court GM was doing every thing in his power to make it not right. I can't wait to see how this soap opera plays out, and then listen to the excuses again.

Lol but you were saying Blatt got fired by Lebron wanted ISO and Blatt wanted ball movement, when direct quotes from coaching staff show otherwise lol

What happens if they lose to the Twolves at home? How can you not expect someone to be a narcissistic, self centered person if they were called the 'King' since they were 18. Dude is simply out of control and full of himself, even by NBA diva standards. I am glad he is nowhere near any team I care for. And this is almost laughable ...

This makes no sense. If you don't believe what he's saying now, why would you believe a quote from last year?

Do you have a quote from Lebron or the GM or any players saying Lebron told Cavs to fire Blatt or are you repeating sportswriter conjecture from the interwebs, tv, and radio?!?

I dont believe that the Cavs would make any decision on their coaching staff without having talked to Lebron or getting his approval. No I dont have a quote from him but just using common sense. I am not repeating any sportswriter unlike you with the Jackson rumor.
I dont believe that the Cavs would make any decision on their coaching staff without having talked to Lebron or getting his approval. No I dont have a quote from him but just using common sense. I am not repeating any sportswriter unlike you with the Jackson rumor.

And I'm saying - Cavs didn't need to talk to Lebron. Writing was on the wall that Blatt was a little lost.
I don't believe that the Cavs FO or GM got a direct quote from LBJ saying he wanted Blatt gone, but I think they got a very clear picture from the massive static that surrounds him.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
I don't believe that the Cavs FO or GM got a direct quote from LBJ saying he wanted Blatt gone, but I think they got a very clear picture from the massive static that surrounds him.

I believe they got that picture last season in December when GM had to hold a presser to say Blatt will remain the coach. Lebron publicly never supported Blatt last season even when asked directly.

This year was quite different. Lebron never threw Blatt under the bus this season. He even praised Blatt on several occasions. Doesn't mean he loved playing for him but I believe he had accepted that Cavs will not fire him.

It's just - GM knew that Lebron won't oppose such a move (because he and other players have good relationship with Lue), so there isn't a need to ask him or his reps.

But, last year - his reps (who btw also represent Mark Jackson) wanted Blatt fired and Mark Jackson hired.
[ Edited by 4ML on Jan 25, 2016 at 12:01 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone