There are 195 users in the forums

THE KING and his Cavaliers 2015-2016 Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
He has looked lazy as hell on defense this year. Last night, his defense was back on point. I think he just needs to turn it on to be honest.

In a 7 game series LeBron will be on his game. It doesn't make sense for him to exert himself over 82 regular season games but come playoff time he will do his thing
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 19, 2016 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by sacniner:
He has looked lazy as hell on defense this year. Last night, his defense was back on point. I think he just needs to turn it on to be honest.

In a 7 game series LeBron will be on his game. It doesn't make sense for him to exert himself over 82 regular season games but come playoff time he will do his thing

He said very recently - when he was young - he'd go all out but now he has to pace himself. Something he learned over the years from other greats of the game.

He has been deep in playoffs almost every year for last 10 years. It's obvious he will take a little bit off during regular season.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Being able to play 4 positions on both offense and defense is major skill set. Lebron can play Curry's position at 6'8 260. That's not because of the body he was "given"

...and body is built not given. Pretty sure he wasn't born 6'8 260lbs.

So anybody can just work their way to 6'8? I agree he worked to put on more mass, but that doesn't take away from the point that it's his body that makes him great more than his skills.

He can play all those positions because he's bigger than the little guys, but almost as quick. He's quicker than the big guys, but stronger and about as big. He couldn't do that if he were 6'-6'4. It's his body that allows him. He's a athletic physical freak of nature.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
LOL "Suck it up Lebron"
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Being able to play 4 positions on both offense and defense is major skill set. Lebron can play Curry's position at 6'8 260. That's not because of the body he was "given"

So anybody can just work their way to 6'8? I agree he worked to put on more mass, but that doesn't take away from the point that it's his body that makes him great more than his skills.

He can play all those positions because he's bigger than the little guys, but almost as quick. He's quicker than the big guys, but stronger and about as big. He couldn't do that if he were 6'-6'4. It's his body that allows him. He's a athletic physical freak of nature.

Yea I don't have time or energy to get involved in this dumb debate. It's the weakest argument against Lebron.

I see a lot of 6'8 250lb guys playing PG in the NBA.

[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 21, 2016 at 6:55 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
LOL "Suck it up Lebron"

I lol'd

Once again Lebron controlled the game and put a beat-down at OKC. What a win without Kyrie and Shump and Frye (a pickup I'm liking more and more).

Said it before and will say it again - Lebron should play point on offense all the time. No one controls the game like he can.

Biggest loss for OKC this season. Worst home loss for the franchise in OKC when both Durant and Westbrook were active.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 21, 2016 at 8:08 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by jimrat:
LOL "Suck it up Lebron"

I lol'd

Lol that was hilarious.

Even Lebron tweeted the video.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 21, 2016 at 11:26 PM ]

Yea I don't have time or energy to get involved in this dumb debate. It's the weakest argument against Lebron.

I see a lot of 6'8 250lb guys playing PG in the NBA.

Like I said, he's quicker and more athletic than the guys that are as big as him, which allows him to play PG.

I'm not saying that's why he's not good, I'm saying that's why hes great. If you really don't want to admit that he's the biggest freak of nature in all of sports then i don't got time for you either.

Of course Lebron is a freak of nature. There are a lot of physical freaks in NBA. But, it's more to do with vision, ability to pass, knowing the offense, ability to see plays before they happen, good handles etc. etc that allows you to play PG. Maybe Clippers should trade CP3...because Blake Griffin's athleticism should allow him to play PG. Jason Kidd was obviously super athletic at the age of 37-38 to be pretty good PG in the NBA and of course we all know how athletic Magic was. Smh

Look at all the athleticism Lebron used to make that pass. Would have probably thrown the ball in the stands if not for his freakish size.
[ Edited by 4ML on Feb 22, 2016 at 5:41 AM ]

I always thought it was more to do with vision, ability to pass, knowing the offense, ability to see plays before they happen, good handles etc. etc that allows you to play PG. Maybe Clippers should trade CP3...because Blake Griffin's athleticism should allow him to play PG. Jason Kidd was obviously super athletic at the age of 37-38 to be pretty good PG in the NBA and of course we all know how athletic Magic was.

Look at all the athleticism Lebron used to make that pass. Would have probably thrown the ball in the stands if not for his quickness.

Passing is the only thing he's good at that his body doesn't help him in. He's a great basketball player, are you missing that part of my posts?

No s**t, he also has great vision and an insane bball IQ. He's an all time great. Are you disputing that?
Passing is the only thing he's good at that his body doesn't help him in. He's a great basketball player, are you missing that part of my posts?

Dude, he's an athlete. Every athlete's body helps them. If he was eating cheeseburgers all day and doing drugs it wouldn't help him. Wtf are you talking about?
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Well he's behind in chip count MVPs and Olympic gold medals. LeBron carried the US the last time out in the tourney vs the worlds best. No other player could handle that load but LeBron did and this was in the midst of him making five consecutive NBA Finals runs. Steph on fire right now but I just feel that whatever team you put a LeBron on the last few years immediately became a championship contender especially out East. Even in last year's Finals you could see and feel Lebrons impact every game. Steph doing his thing but I ain't seen him do it like LeBron yet. Maybe in a couple years I will change my tune but LeBron can dominate at four positions right now

I'm not expecting Curry to hit a growth spurt and grow to be 6'8 250, so I dont hold not playing 4 positions against him. Curry is a more skilled player. What makes Lebron great is his physical ability. What makes Steph great is his basketball ability. I'm sure if Curry had the ball hog mentality, and shot the ball as many times as Lebron in the finals, he'd probably do it better than Lebron. If you put Brons skill set in Currys body, you'd have a mediocre player. Put Currys skill set in Brons body, and you might as well shut the league down, because it really wouldn't be fair.

Not saying Lebron isn't great in his own right, he is, but i give the nod to the guy that's great because of his skills, not because of the body he was given.

That's very true.

This statement is a joke. Are you kidding me? If you take one man out of a body and put another man in it? Wtf are you talking about?

Getting creative with the hate
Share 49ersWebzone