There are 232 users in the forums

THE KING and his Cavaliers 2015-2016 Thread

Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Being able to play 4 positions on both offense and defense is major skill set. Lebron can play Curry's position at 6'8 260. That's not because of the body he was "given"

...and body is built not given. Pretty sure he wasn't born 6'8 260lbs.

So anybody can just work their way to 6'8? I agree he worked to put on more mass, but that doesn't take away from the point that it's his body that makes him great more than his skills.

He can play all those positions because he's bigger than the little guys, but almost as quick. He's quicker than the big guys, but stronger and about as big. He couldn't do that if he were 6'-6'4. It's his body that allows him. He's a athletic physical freak of nature.

No s**t, he also has great vision and an insane bball IQ. He's an all time great. Are you disputing that?

It helps when you get 5 steps and never get called for traveling, and you can use your off arm to clear space and never get an offensive foul called. Just saying

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
It helps when you get 5 steps and never get called for traveling, and you can use your off arm to clear space and never get an offensive foul called. Just saying

Yeah, he does that every play. MJ, Kobe and other greats never got away w/ stuff. I thought Lebron was really good, but you've changed my mind. The blatant lack of calling traveling and charging on him has propelled him to look good.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Passing is the only thing he's good at that his body doesn't help him in. He's a great basketball player, are you missing that part of my posts?

Dude, he's an athlete. Every athlete's body helps them. If he was eating cheeseburgers all day and doing drugs it wouldn't help him. Wtf are you talking about?

This. Curry is the son of former NBA sharp-shooter and Lebron is great only/mostly because of his genetics lol

...and I'm sure I can find a video of Curry doing pretty much the same thing.

Come on man There are hundreds of videos or gifs of Lebron traveling and not getting called for it.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Come on man There are hundreds of videos or gifs of Lebron traveling and not getting called for it.

There are 100s of videos of NBA players traveling and not getting called for it. NBA doesn't call traveling anymore just like they don't call carrying or illegal screens.

Never. Wash you mouth out with soap. lol

But that one on Lebron was pretty obvious. The offensive foul that wasnt called was worse than the no travelling.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

But that one on Lebron was pretty obvious. The offensive foul that wasnt called was worse than the no travelling.

Yeah, that was a missed call but trying to contend that he is successful based on bad officiating is a joke. Not saying you're saying that, but the comments above. If you don't like the guy cool, but come on...

Yeah, that was a missed call but trying to contend that he is successful based on bad officiating is a joke. Not saying you're saying that, but the comments above. If you don't like the guy cool, but come on...

Above meaning my post? I have never said that he is successful based on bad officiating. Were other people?

I simply said that he gets away with traveling all the time. Every single game. I am aware that the NBA is lax on traveling these days, but you cant tell me that being allowed to take extra steps helps every player as much as it helps a player of Lebron's size and athletic ability.

a) offensive foul on Curry...b) illegal moving screen and then obvious c) travel on the layup by Curry. Only thing missing here is Curry carrying the ball

Curry is amazing...and he's having an amazing year. You can make a legit case for him...without saying silly things about Lebron. Doesn't have skills...and is just good because of his size and speed (which apparently to some ppl is God given).

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol, it seems like every discussion involving Lebron James has to turn into a discussion about where he ranks historically or against the current top players.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
lol, it seems like every discussion involving Lebron James has to turn into a discussion about where he ranks historically or against the current top players.

LeBron handled the "Suck it up LeBron" situation nicely.

"Yeah, but he isn't as good at basketball as Jordan!"
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by crzy:

LeBron handled the "Suck it up LeBron" situation nicely.

"Yeah, but he isn't as good at basketball as Jordan!"

Heh, idiot fans keep shouting dumb s**t at Lebron. He always handles it extremely well.

He played awful tonight though. Looked sluggish
Kyrie missed some time due to bedbugs. Pretty funny.
[ Edited by HaiGuise on Feb 22, 2016 at 9:10 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Above meaning my post? I have never said that he is successful based on bad officiating. Were other people?

I simply said that he gets away with traveling all the time. Every single game. I am aware that the NBA is lax on traveling these days, but you cant tell me that being allowed to take extra steps helps every player as much as it helps a player of Lebron's size and athletic ability.

No, I don't think its a big advantage for him relative to other players. You can find bad officiating all over YouTube. Its a BS way to hate.
Share 49ersWebzone