There are 235 users in the forums

THE KING and his Cavaliers 2015-2016 Thread

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by jrg:
lol, it seems like every discussion involving Lebron James has to turn into a discussion about where he ranks historically or against the current top players.

LeBron handled the "Suck it up LeBron" situation nicely.

"Yeah, but he isn't as good at basketball as Jordan!"

Heh, idiot fans keep shouting dumb s**t at Lebron. He always handles it extremely well.

He played awful tonight though. Looked sluggish

Played like s**t today. It hardly ever happens that both Kyrie and Love play well and Cavs lose. This one was squarely on Lebron. This is what makes Warriors so amazing. They don't take many games off regardless of opponent. Cavs seem to get up for legit contenders (except that Warriors game) and then seem to have a letdown against average team.

Annoying loss.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Kyrie missed some time due to bedbugs. Pretty funny.

Not helping his injury-prone image.
Originally posted by sacniner:

This statement is a joke. Are you kidding me? If you take one man out of a body and put another man in it? Wtf are you talking about?

Getting creative with the hate

That's actually completely true. I was just pointing out that Steph is a more skilled player.

Just because Bron has the physical advantage over every player in the league doesn't mean he's not an all-time great, I was just giving my reason for preferring a guy like Curry.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 24, 2016 at 4:29 AM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Passing is the only thing he's good at that his body doesn't help him in. He's a great basketball player, are you missing that part of my posts?

Dude, he's an athlete. Every athlete's body helps them. If he was eating cheeseburgers all day and doing drugs it wouldn't help him. Wtf are you talking about?

This. Curry is the son of former NBA sharp-shooter and Lebron is great only/mostly because of his genetics lol

Are you guys kidding? He does have high IQ and is a good passer, an all-time great, but you really think he would be as good without the God given ability? This has been expected out of this guy since high school. His speed and height have come natural since he was a teenager. If everyone could work to be faster, everyone would run a 4.4 or less, but they don't. The way he's able to move in that body is God given, sorry but it is.

Not taking anything away from the guy, I just prefer someone like Curry. You look at a guy like Lebron and you expect it out of him. He's such a freak athlete it's been expected since he was a kid. You look at Curry and it blows your mind what he's able to do.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Feb 24, 2016 at 4:44 AM ]
All I'm saying is if Lebron were really as skilled as Curry, he would have the league on lockdown. Instead a guy of Currys stature is about to win back to back MVPs. Lebron was the best, I'm not trying to say the guy sucks, but I'm also not going to say that his God given physical abilities aren't part of the reason he was the best. I prefer a dude like Curry that's just nasty, and doesn't need to be physically overpowering to dominate the league.
Passing is the only thing he's good at that his body doesn't help him in. He's a great basketball player, are you missing that part of my posts?

Dude, he's an athlete. Every athlete's body helps them. If he was eating cheeseburgers all day and doing drugs it wouldn't help him. Wtf are you talking about?

This. Curry is the son of former NBA sharp-shooter and Lebron is great only/mostly because of his genetics lol

Are you guys kidding? He does have high IQ and is a good passer, an all-time great, but you really think he would be as good without the God given ability? This has been expected out of this guy since high school. His speed and height have come natural since he was a teenager. If everyone could work to be faster, everyone would run a 4.4 or less, but they don't. The way he's able to move in that body is God given, sorry but it is.

Not taking anything away from the guy, I just prefer someone like Curry. You look at a guy like Lebron and you expect it out of him. He's such a freak athlete it's been expected since he was a kid. You look at Curry and it blows your mind what he's able to do.

Of course he has great genetics. Hell yes he's a physical specimen. What is your point? It sounds like you are taking something away.

Curry is the best shooter ever. Worked hard. But he has great genetics as well. Everyone in the NBA does.

Also, I don't think you can look at anyone and expect them to be an all time great. Brandon Bass is a similar size than Bron. As you say, his "god given" body is freak like. Do you expect it out of him?

Curry is great. Lebron is great. They both work hard. Both have great genetics. Nothing further there.
All I'm saying is if Lebron were really as skilled as Curry, he would have the league on lockdown. Instead a guy of Currys stature is about to win back to back MVPs. Lebron was the best, I'm not trying to say the guy sucks, but I'm also not going to say that his God given physical abilities aren't part of the reason he was the best. I prefer a dude like Curry that's just nasty, and doesn't need to be physically overpowering to dominate the league.

That's cool if you like Curry more. He's a beast and is smaller than Bron. What he does is amazing. You lose me with the god given physical abilities part. Because while Lebron is a freak and his body almost guarantees him a spot in at least college athletics in football or basketball, he still has to work hard to be special. Look around sports, there are freaks everywhere.What separates him?

When we get a guy like Bron, Curry, Kobe, etc just appreciate it. If you don't like him cool, but your nonsense "god given" talk is looney to me. All these guys have great genetics. Curry as well.
[ Edited by sacniner on Feb 24, 2016 at 7:38 AM ]
dont normally chime in but

you can have all the "god given" genetic talent you like but if you dont have the determination and drive to use it it goes to waste.

every player in the nba works hard some work harder than others and it pays off.
some have greater genetics like lebron and steph. curry has been in the perfect situation since birth to become a great shooter and player.

you cant hate on lebron for something his parents gave him and use that as an excuse to praise what curry does. theyve both been exposed to situations that have helped them greatly.

1 having an nba legend father and the determination to match

the other being physically gifted and having the determination to match.

Of course he has great genetics. Hell yes he's a physical specimen. What is your point? It sounds like you are taking something away.

Curry is the best shooter ever. Worked hard. But he has great genetics as well. Everyone in the NBA does.

Also, I don't think you can look at anyone and expect them to be an all time great. Brandon Bass is a similar size than Bron. As you say, his "god given" body is freak like. Do you expect it out of him?

Curry is great. Lebron is great. They both work hard. Both have great genetics. Nothing further there.

He wasn't talking about just size. Every SF/PF in the NBA has good size. LeBron has the size, but he also has speed and quickness. There's never been anybody in the NBA at that size, with that strength, and that kind of speed. The guy is a freak athlete. Bass isn't lol.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
He wasn't talking about just size. Every SF/PF in the NBA has good size. LeBron has the size, but he also has speed and quickness. There's never been anybody in the NBA at that size, with that strength, and that kind of speed. The guy is a freak athlete. Bass isn't lol.

Dude, there are a lot of guys that are big and fast. That end up sucking. In basketball and football. Bass was just an example of a guy who is naturally huge and a freak athlete. Bron has amazing genetics, but also worked hard. High bball IQ and vision. Also, kept his head on straight and didn't grow up privileged.

Dude is great. His size and speed is a huge part... so? Y'all are funny with your different ways to hate.

Dude, there are a lot of guys that are big and fast. That end up sucking. In basketball and football. Bass was just an example of a guy who is naturally huge and a freak athlete. Bron has amazing genetics, but also worked hard. High bball IQ and vision. Also, kept his head on straight and didn't grow up privileged.

Dude is great. His size and speed is a huge part... so? Y'all are funny with your different ways to hate.

I don't understand why you keep calling this "hate". I'm not hating on LeBron. Nobody is taking nothing away from him. Chill, lol.
I don't understand why you keep calling this "hate". I'm not hating on LeBron. Nobody is taking nothing away from him. Chill, lol.

My boy Charlie was hating on him and you chimed in. Like usual, I don't understand your point. Yeah, dude is an athletic freak. Thanks for the update.

Chill mode activated.

It wasn't just that! The Hotel was haunted too.
Originally posted by ritchie:

It wasn't just that! The Hotel was haunted too.

Yeah that hotel wanted to take Kyrie out on purpose.
I'm sure Joe Johnson choosing the Heat over Cleveland when LeBron was actively recruiting him has to be humbling on LeBrons part, he can try all he wants just isnt the leader of men that Pat Riley, Alonzo Mourning, etc are. It might've helped his image at the time, but he should've never left Miami. Could be the worst free agent move of all time.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Feb 28, 2016 at 6:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone