There are 398 users in the forums

THE KING and his Cavaliers 2015-2016 Thread

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by reno9er:
Everybody knows his Holiness wanted Blatt gone...and I would have more respect for him if he would just come out and admit it instead of his phony comments to the press about being taken aback, and caught off guard by the Blatt firing. It's just disingenuous and typical of Lebron. In this case, him and his GM are both such insufferable liars that it's impossible for anyone who isn't drinking the koolade to take them seriously.

As far as the locker room atmosphere not being right? Lol, hilarious...why would anyone expect it to be right when the on-court GM was doing every thing in his power to make it not right. I can't wait to see how this soap opera plays out, and then listen to the excuses again.

So, liked the soap opera directed by Lebron James in the NBA Finals?!?

Lol, Steph injured, Bogut out for basically three games, bogus Draymond suspension.

The Lebron's lucked out, not a legit championship. But enjoy if that's the way you want it.

I thought you wanted to listen to the excuses not make them lol

Why do peeps hate so much? I couldn't sleep the night my beloved Celtics lost the NBA finals to the Lakers in 2010 but you didn't see me spewing insults and excuses the next day.

How the f**k can I be Celtics and 49er fan you may be thinking??

Born in Hawaii and grew up as a military brat across the globe :)

80's front runner? lol j/k
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Everybody knows his Holiness wanted Blatt gone...and I would have more respect for him if he would just come out and admit it instead of his phony comments to the press about being taken aback, and caught off guard by the Blatt firing. It's just disingenuous and typical of Lebron. In this case, him and his GM are both such insufferable liars that it's impossible for anyone who isn't drinking the koolade to take them seriously.

As far as the locker room atmosphere not being right? Lol, hilarious...why would anyone expect it to be right when the on-court GM was doing every thing in his power to make it not right. I can't wait to see how this soap opera plays out, and then listen to the excuses again.

Lol, Steph injured, Bogut out for basically three games, bogus Draymond suspension.

The Lebron's lucked out, not a legit championship. But enjoy if that's the way you want it.

Why do peeps hate so much? I couldn't sleep the night my beloved Celtics lost the NBA finals to the Lakers in 2010 but you didn't see me spewing insults and excuses the next day.

How the f**k can I be Celtics and 49er fan you may be thinking??

Born in Hawaii and grew up as a military brat across the globe :)

80's front runner? lol j/k

I was a toddler in 81 watching the Bengals/49ers and somehow just picked the 49ers to be my team. Could have easily been a Bengals fan I guess

Fell in love with b-ball in the late 80's and admired the Birdman so I adopted the Celtics as my team. Never saw them win a Ship until 2008. That was real special for me.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jun 20, 2016 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
Huge win, what a game.

kyrie was huge, so clutch. warriors legs were shot and couldnt make shots late.

even love stepped up and contributed. still think theyll regret that trade in the long run. had a chance to build a dynasty with wiggins learning off irving and lebron.

They won their first title in Franchise history by beating the one team in the league that presented a tough match up for Love, individually. I think they are more than satisfied with their trade. There is no guarantee GS will be back next year (no guarantee the Cavs will either but the chances are more likely) and the Cavs with Love present a tough match up for almost every team in the league not named GS. The Warriors and their quick, agile and versatile playmakers at the 1, 2 and 4 positions are troublesome for Love. No other team is built like GS that the Cavs have to worry about constant switches and defending the perimeter from elite shooters. The fact that they have accomplished the task of winning one in Cleveland, I'd expect them to play more relaxed, build on this and come back even stronger next year. They no longer have any pressure or the weight of a city on their shoulders anymore. Next year should be fun for them...

yea thats fair enough. i just feel as though with wiggins learning off lebron he had a chance to be even more special than he probably will be in minnesoate. and that would have got them the ring this year and the potential for many more down the road not just next year.
wiggins is a much better defenderand his offensive game learning from lebron would be much better too.

im not trying to hate on love and they obviously accomplished what they set out to do but i think long term and even in that series there. wiggins would have been better.

Yeah I think Wiggins will be a star in this league in a couple of years. I just think it was a chance they had to take because he was an unknown, had no consistent outside shot and he played the same position as LeBron. I truly believe the Cavs would've won last year had their guys been healthy but unfortunately, they had to wait another year just to see if they have the team that could win it all. Turns out they did but they definitely need some more athleticism on the wing and the bench. I expect them to come back with Love but it wouldn't surprise me to see him traded for a couple of younger athletes that can defend. They have enough guys to create offense with LeBron and Kyrie.
Yeah I think Wiggins will be a star in this league in a couple of years. I just think it was a chance they had to take because he was an unknown, had no consistent outside shot and he played the same position as LeBron. I truly believe the Cavs would've won last year had their guys been healthy but unfortunately, they had to wait another year just to see if they have the team that could win it all. Turns out they did but they definitely need some more athleticism on the wing and the bench. I expect them to come back with Love but it wouldn't surprise me to see him traded for a couple of younger athletes that can defend. They have enough guys to create offense with LeBron and Kyrie.

I think they'd trade Kevin Love if they could, but I'm not sure a 6'9 PF with limited athleticism who can't play defense and is on a max contract is tradable. He played well in game 7, but he was invisible for much of the playoffs on offense and rebounding and very visible on defense where he was taken advantage of.

The Cavs may be stuck with him long term even if they'd rather move on.

Cavs made excuses for 12 months that the world had to listen to lol. That's the way it is.

That's actually fair.

I, for one, didn't make excuses about injuries. Injuries are part of the game. You gotta be there for your team. If Love and Kyrie can't stay healthy...it's on them.
David Blatt died for this.
Originally posted by GameOver:
David Blatt died for this.

He was a good guy and a solid coach...just not ready for NBA Finals.

I don't even blame him. He got caught in a really bad situation.

Hope he returns to NBA someday.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

I think they'd trade Kevin Love if they could, but I'm not sure a 6'9 PF with limited athleticism who can't play defense and is on a max contract is tradable. He played well in game 7, but he was invisible for much of the playoffs on offense and rebounding and very visible on defense where he was taken advantage of.

He's on a max contract...by 2015 standards. Max contracts this year will be huge and guys much worse than Love will be making 18-19M a year.

I think Love's contract isn't all that bad considering the money that will pour into NBA in 2016 and 2017. Problem is...gettin' something of equal value for him.

He's on a max contract...by 2015 standards. Max contracts this year will be huge and guys much worse than Love will be making 18-19M a year.

I think Love's contract isn't all that bad considering the money that will pour into NBA in 2016 and 2017. Problem is...gettin' something of equal value for him.

Agree. What would be considered equal value though for what the Cavs need though? I'd say a top 15 pick and a couple of solid wing defenders that can be solid rotational guys would be good enough. Jefferson is gone. Frye couldn't even sniff the floor (although he played great up until the Finals) and Jones needs to stop taking up a roster spot. I think JR may take the money in the offseason now that he has a ring so there are about 4 spots that could be upgraded/filled that could make them even more dangerous defensively next year. I think they will be fine offensively with a more free and confident Bron and Kyrie next year. They have zero pressure now.

I'd like them to return the same starters, add a couple more contributors on the bench and make another run at it but I don't think that will happen

He has little to no value on his current deal the way he's been playing in my opinion, so that's no problem. The Cavs are not getting anything near the value of Wiggins back if they trade him. Love is scheduled to get $23.4 million per year over the next 4 years which probably won't be too far off the max contracts some guys will make over the next 4 years.

Lebron, Durant, Whiteside, and Drummond all deserve to be paid more than Love. I'd also take guys like DeRozan, Wade (on a shorter deal), Conley, Horford, and Howard over Love and they'll probably be paid about the same amount. At least they can contribute on both sides of the ball. Harrison Barnes is even in the discussion because I expect he'll be better than Love 2-3 years from now.

Why hasn't anyone asked about Lebron's wrist. What an acting job. Remember how he had cramps. He's always using excuses. Was he preparing an excuse if missed both freethrows? One theory is that the NBA is fixed, he was suppose to miss and it's suppose to go to overtime. Did you notice that the game the refs were trying control the tempo. When Warriors seemed like they where going to break through there was a whistle on every cavs possession and vice versa when cavs seemed to get got? Is NBA the new WWF.
Originally posted by Rollininers:
Why hasn't anyone asked about Lebron's wrist. What an acting job. Remember how he had cramps. He's always using excuses. Was he preparing an excuse if missed both freethrows? One theory is that the NBA is fixed, he was suppose to miss and it's suppose to go to overtime. Did you notice that the game the refs were trying control the tempo. When Warriors seemed like they where going to break through there was a whistle on every cavs possession and vice versa when cavs seemed to get got? Is NBA the new WWF.

Because they won the championship and it's the last game of the year so it's not like he has to go out and play again tomorrow
He has little to no value on his current deal the way he's been playing in my opinion, so that's no problem. The Cavs are not getting anything near the value of Wiggins back if they trade him. Love is scheduled to get $23.4 million per year over the next 4 years which probably won't be too far off the max contracts some guys will make over the next 4 years.

Lebron, Durant, Whiteside, and Drummond all deserve to be paid more than Love. I'd also take guys like DeRozan, Wade (on a shorter deal), Conley, Horford, and Howard over Love and they'll probably be paid about the same amount. At least they can contribute on both sides of the ball. Harrison Barnes is even in the discussion because I expect he'll be better than Love 2-3 years from now.

Max contracts in 2017 will start around 33M a year for guys like Durant, Curry, Lebron etc.
Originally posted by Rollininers:

Is this true. Lebron could go to LA Lakers?
Share 49ersWebzone