There are 209 users in the forums

THE KING and his Cavaliers 2015-2016 Thread

You cant apply the same generic logic to every situation in sports. The Cavs had already lost their last 2 Finals with LeBron in charge, and he had taken over control of the franchise with his choices in coaching and players. If he struck out a 3rd time, people would definitely be questioning the power structure in Cleveland. Its more than just "sad if we lose, happy if we win".

How can anyone doubt that if the Cavs had lost again, there would be some serious criticisms of the way things were going in Cleveland...

Who cares. Lebron has been criticized since day one. It's nothing new to him. And again --- getting to the NBA Finals 6 straight years is pretty special in my book. Criticize all you want if you don't win, but you are there year after year. And now he has three rings to show for it. I think his way is absolutely brilliant looking at his track record.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Man, you sound like a bitter hater. Like Ayesha Curry on twitter. I assumed you were a male.

Bitter how? Warriors continuously missed shots they made all year and rightfully lost. No excuses. Ive talked about why it was so easy for Lebron after game 4, but i never used that as an excuse for the loss. I've said the Warriors deserved to lose since they lost, i guess you just misunderstood a man the way only a woman can. It's all good though, i always assumed you're a female anyways
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Man, you sound like a bitter hater. Like Ayesha Curry on twitter. I assumed you were a male.

Bitter how? Warriors continuously missed shots they made all year and rightfully lost. No excuses. Ive talked about why it was so easy for Lebron after game 4, but i never used that as an excuse for the loss. I've said the Warriors deserved to lose since they lost, i guess you just misunderstood a man the way only a woman can. It's all good though, i always assumed you're a female anyways

There's a reason they missed those shots. Cavs played Eastern conf. defense on them and bullied them. They got physical on every screen, every possession and forced them to work extremely hard on defense. Result was - splash brothers started to get worn down.

Cavs played very much like Big O said teams should defend Warriorin last 5 games. Shut down the paint and then keep expanding the defense beyond 3pt line. Curry kept jacking 3s from 30 ft and you may be making them all season - NBA finals is a different animal. There's added pressure and Cavs made Curry spend lot of energy on defense. You can zero in on a players weakness in a 7 game series and exploit it.

You can keep making excuses...but there's a reason why Cavs have been more effective than other teams in slowing down splash brothers in consecutive playoffs.

...and you can keep whining about Iggy and Draymond and Bogut (who registered dnp coach decision in last years Finsls) - Lebron dominated Warriors in both NBA Finals like no one man has dominated before.

The block Lebron had on Curry in game 6...totally rattled him. Warriors didn't give anything away. Cavs snatched it!
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol which part is untrue? Were they tired? Of course. They pushed to the very end to win 73 games. Were they overconfident? Obviously. They had the best season ever, beat you last year, and were up 3-1. Its safe to say they were highly overconfident. Were they a finesse team? Theyre built to get hot and drain 3's, not to control the paint and muscle it in for 2.

All very clear factors in the series loss. At the end LeBron muscled his way to 2 pts repeatedly, and the Warriors had no answer because they werent hitting their 3's.

My comparison to Bonds was in relation to organizational power, not relationship with teammates.

The point is, if you lose, there isnt the same positive attitude surrounding the team. Everyone would be asking if the current system was flawed.

Lebron has played 6 straight NBA Finals and has played more minutes than any other player by a huge margin in those years. I'm sorry - but no one gets to claim they're tired when they play Lebron. They looked tired because Cavs played more physical than them...and it's not because Warriors can't. Thompson and Lebron set the tone for last 3 games. They imposed their will.

Finesse? They've been one of the top 3 defense for two straight years. Finesse is something they're definitely not. They won 73 games by playing elite offensively and defensively.

...and obviously - when you lose - things will get questioned. Warriors were talking about keeping Barnes and Ezeli and now their fans are craving for Durant. Of course losing changes things but Cavs had a close knit group going into playoffs. They won because the team believed in each other.

Were they over-confident? Uhh any more than any team up 3-1 in a playoff series? Warriors have been bombastic all season. Nothing changed in NBA Finals. They were stupid to poke Lebron with "his feelings got hurt" and this is a "man's game" s**t. Lebron obviously took it very personal and then snatched their poor souls. That was dumb thing to do.
Barnes had an "STD" for game 7.

Scared to death to shoot
Glad to see Kyrie going to Olympics. Getting coached by some of the best coaches will only help him.

Hope it helps him takes another step in the right direction.
Originally posted by 4ML:
This and I was wrong. It's not even close.

Good you can admit it. You seem to be a LeBron guy so to an impartial observer like me I just couldn't fathom why anyone would think Steph Curry was even close to LeBron. The case was strong for Steph to be the first ever unanimous MVP when you're the best player on the best team and that team wins 73 games! That's eye popping when you consider how Steph was lighting it up beyond the arc for the second year in a row breaking his own records for efficiency during the regular season. Thing is I just haven't seen a guy in this league matched up vs LeBron that can consistently best him in a 7 game playoff series in quite some time if ever. Maybe Dirk that one time and Kawhi in spurts in 2014 but when LeBron is at his best there's no one that can carry a team from lottery to contention like he can. He does everything a player is asked to do in multiple roles at multiple positions. Steph is a great player but there ain't but one LeBron James and then there's everyone else. He somehow had to prove it to us again but that sports and that's why they play the games
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 26, 2016 at 5:04 AM ]
There's a reason they missed those shots. Cavs played Eastern conf. defense on them and bullied them. They got physical on every screen, every possession and forced them to work extremely hard on defense. Result was - splash brothers started to get worn down.

Cavs played very much like Big O said teams should defend Warriorin last 5 games. Shut down the paint and then keep expanding the defense beyond 3pt line. Curry kept jacking 3s from 30 ft and you may be making them all season - NBA finals is a different animal. There's added pressure and Cavs made Curry spend lot of energy on defense. You can zero in on a players weakness in a 7 game series and exploit it.

You can keep making excuses...but there's a reason why Cavs have been more effective than other teams in slowing down splash brothers in consecutive playoffs.

...and you can keep whining about Iggy and Draymond and Bogut (who registered dnp coach decision in last years Finsls) - Lebron dominated Warriors in both NBA Finals like no one man has dominated before.

The block Lebron had on Curry in game 6...totally rattled him. Warriors didn't give anything away. Cavs snatched it!

This and the same for your following post. I picked GS in 7 but the way in which CLE won was in the manner of play I had prescribed to them coming into this series. The exact things you mentioned along with attacking the paint and getting to the FT line. I knew how they needed to play but underestimated their resolve to actually be able to sustain it in a game 7 after a long and taxing series defensively and vs a 73 win team with elite scorers and defense themselves with a Roaracle crowd behind them. This was a masterful performance by CLE. I am stoked for them and LeBron! This was an exhilarating finish to the season. Made for an excellent Father's Day present for me for sure
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 26, 2016 at 5:22 AM ]
Yea, I didn't think it was possible after down 1-3. At 2-3 I had a glimmer of hope.

Just a masterful job by Lebron and Kyrie and also Double T. All 3 were awesome but Lebron just dominated every single aspect of the game. Never seen anything like it.
Watching game 7 in NBATV again for the 3rd time

Still can't believe Cavs won after almost a week. Greatest comeback in NBA history!

Yea, I didn't think it was possible after down 1-3. At 2-3 I had a glimmer of hope.

Just a masterful job by Lebron and Kyrie and also Double T. All 3 were awesome but Lebron just dominated every single aspect of the game. Never seen anything like it.

Lebron after going down 3-1

[ Edited by blizzuntz on Jun 26, 2016 at 9:54 AM ]

Yes he's easily top five all time in my book. You'd be hard pressed to find a complete Finals performance better than this one.
  • KP82
Watching game 7 in NBATV again for the 3rd time

Still can't believe Cavs won after almost a week. Greatest comeback in NBA history!

Yea, he was amazing. Loved the looks on Klay / Curry's faces after game 7. They had a lot to say after game 4 about Lebron. Guess Curry found out what it really means to be considered one of the GOATs.
Originally posted by KP82:
Yea, he was amazing. Loved the looks on Klay / Curry's faces after game 7. They had a lot to say after game 4 about Lebron. Guess Curry found out what it really means to be considered one of the GOATs.

He's a great player but sometimes the media types get ahead of themselves when they are propping guys up to be the best of this and that and Curry has been undoubtedly great the last two years. He's even beaten LeBron in an NBA Finals and became a champion. Nothing against Klay nor Curry. Both outstanding and great champion players that should be better from this experience but the GM that takes Steph in FA over LeBron is an idiot because even if you need a PG LeBron can be a better one. If you have a LeBron available you seek his services as the priority no matter what your team needs are. Literally every NBA team in the league has a need for a LeBron James. He can pick any squad right now and say I'm taking my talents there this summer and everybody including the Spurs would make room in their budget for him within a couple hours. He alters a franchise's fortunes like no other in the game

This is why I scoff at NFL QBs that act as if they can impact the game like a LeBron James. No NFL QB can take any single team in a weaker conference compete in the Super Bowl six seasons straight in multiple cities. Not Brady not Rodgers not Brees. Only LeBron can dominate a team player league like he has. QBs need an OL and A defense to even get the ball rolling. Smh
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 26, 2016 at 6:43 PM ]
wrong thread.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jun 26, 2016 at 8:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone