Save 30% at the official 49ers online store with code CATCH30 →

There are 257 users in the forums

Back to Back NBA Champion Golden State Warriors 2018-19

• mayo49
  • Veteran
At least Draymond has quit getting tee'd up - I guess he's learned.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 31, 2019 at 11:07 AM ]
I agree with Garce. But in spite of that, I would still choose Klay over Draymond if there was a gun to my head.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I agree with Garce. But in spite of that, I would still choose Klay over Draymond if there was a gun to my head.

I'm not sure I would, to be honest. Klay is inconsistent as s**t.

I love Klay but I think replacing Draymond would be harder.

And what people don't see is all the recruiting Dray does off the court. He's a big reason boogie came to Golden State.

He's a leader. People follow him.
[ Edited by Garce on Jan 31, 2019 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Garce:

And what people don't see is all the recruiting Dray does off the court. He's a big reason boogie came to Golden State.

I dont disagree with anything you wrote honestly. I just fear that Draymond's game will not age well, and Klay will not see a massive decline that Dray might.
Is he though?

Dray over the last couple months has like a 10:1 assist to turnover ratio and can run the offense. Klay can't do that.

He can handle the ball from the forward position.

He does a lot of the dirty work, he's a better rebounder.

He is a better defender than Klay and can defend all 5 position at an elite level.

Dray's basketball IQ is off the charts.

He's the glue of the team and holds everyone accountable.

I'm not saying he's more important than Klay, I'm saying they are both vital parts of equal importance.

Kerr has said that at this moment, Dray is playing the best basketball of his career.

He was playing his best basketball of his career when he was doing all of that + a 49/39/70 shooting line

I dont disagree with anything you wrote honestly. I just fear that Draymond's game will not age well, and Klay will not see a massive decline that Dray might.

As an outsider, this is what I see. Peak dray may have been more valuable, but his game is so dependent on his lateral quickness on D and sneaky athleticism. Klay is going to be able to score with that stroke for a long time.

Yeah but don't forget about this fun fact

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/demarcus-cousins-names-klay-thompson-his-favorite-warrior-heres-why

I think both of their games can age well. Neither depend on elite athleticism to do what they do best.
Wes Matthews and DeAndre Jordan might be available for buyout. Which one do you guys want? Wes Matthews we need a wing.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Wes Matthews and DeAndre Jordan might be available for buyout. Which one do you guys want? Wes Matthews we need a wing.

DeAndre.

5 years late but we get heem finally

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

DeAndre.

Really even with a healthy cousins? I don't see enough minutes for those two. But it would be good to butter up KD to play with his buddy. I like your thinking #lightyears.

Jordan without question. He would give the Warriors the real rim protector in the middle that they lack. Boogie is a much better player obviously but not as good a defender.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

DeAndre.

Really even with a healthy cousins? I don't see enough minutes for those two. But it would be good to butter up KD to play with his buddy. I like your thinking #lightyears.
As long as Jordan understands that he would get 15-20 minutes per night and is cool with it he would be an awesome addition. He can run the court, defend at the highest level, and doesnt need the ball in his hands. Looney could go to being Dray's backup at the 4.

Its really close. Draymond's value is HUGE to this team because he is their best rebounder, best defender, runs the offense, and keeps the team fired up. I love his passion and will to win even if it comes with stupidity at times.

Klay is much easier to like because he is so easy going and has the prettiest shot in the league. But, in no way shape or form do I think he is more valuable than Dray. You might be right about Klay holding up longer but I dont think either are going to dramatically decline in the next 3-4 years.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Jordan without question. He would give the Warriors the real rim protector in the middle that they lack. Boogie is a much better player obviously but not as good a defender.

I just read Jordan former agent is Bob Myers. So there's definitely a connection.
Share 49ersWebzone