There are 223 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk

Unless hey trade wiggs there isn't a lot they can do to bring in a star
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Paul and Klay made over 70M combined last year. If they let them both walk they will have money
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Paul and Klay made over 70M combined last year. If they let them both walk they will have money

I would be floored if Klay isnt signed honestly, they still need shooting and he's not super overpriced, still creates spacing and is one of the best locker room guys in the league

I would be floored if Klay isnt signed honestly, they still need shooting and he's not super overpriced, still creates spacing and is one of the best locker room guys in the league
Klay was super overpriced at what he made last year and we have no idea what he wants now. While he gets hot on occasion his shooting is very streaky. His defense is a liability as well. If there was a chance to get a difference maker I would let him walk.
There are plenty of players who can space the floor. Maybe they won't get hot every 3rd game and give 25, but they can provide spacing, reliably hit ~3 3s and not be a defensive liability all while breaking the bank
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 25, 2024 at 11:18 AM ]
I think we're really seeing changing of the guard in the NBA. The warriors with all their veteran talent fail to make the playoffs. The Lakers with LeBron and Davis are on the brink of a quick exit at 0-3. Same for Phoenix with Durant who are down 0-3. The younger teams are taking over.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think we're really seeing changing of the guard in the NBA. The warriors with all their veteran talent fail to make the playoffs. The Lakers with LeBron and Davis are on the brink of a quick exit at 0-3. Same for Phoenix with Durant who are down 0-3. The younger teams are taking over.

No doubt the NBA is having a new generation of stars take over.

but, If Steph/Big 3 had a supporting cast similar to those of KD and Lebron, we'd still be playing. It's not like KD or Lebron are getting blitzed or triple teamed.

Our veterans are older now, need a little more support. Wiggins fell off and Kuminga took a good step forward, just not fully there yet.

for all the hate Klay got for flexing his four rings on Devin booker, that has aged like gold. Booker is a loser.
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Apr 27, 2024 at 2:42 PM ]

Klay was super overpriced at what he made last year and we have no idea what he wants now. While he gets hot on occasion his shooting is very streaky. His defense is a liability as well. If there was a chance to get a difference maker I would let him walk.

At last year's rate definitely. At the 20m they'll offer he's still a good 6th man. Defensively he can't stick to guards anymore
Originally posted by ads_2006:

but, If Steph/Big 3 had a supporting cast similar to those of KD and Lebron, we'd still be playing. It's not like KD or Lebron are getting blitzed or triple teamed.

Our veterans are older now, need a little more support. Wiggins fell off and Kuminga took a good step forward, just not fully there yet.

for all the hate Klay got for flexing his four rings on Devin booker, that has aged like gold. Booker is a loser.

Kuminga next year will better. Podz and Trace should improve (they looked good already). We need Quinones and Gui to take a big step. Seems like Kerr looking into drafting a big and signing one in FA. Looney (if he stays) and Moody are solid off the bench.

Actually, we'd still be playing if Green and Wiggins didn't miss so many games

The Warriors bench was very good this year. I saw a lot of games where the bench players actually increased a lead or cut into a deficit. Poz was a big surprise to me. His motor never stops. He's tough. He rebounds. He's a decent defender.

Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Kuminga next year will better. Podz and Trace should improve (they looked good already). We need Quinones and Gui to take a big step. Seems like Kerr looking into drafting a big and signing one in FA. Looney (if he stays) and Moody are solid off the bench.

Actually, we'd still be playing if Green and Wiggins didn't miss so many games
The Dubs dont pick until 53. I seriously doubt they get lucky at the end of rd 2 two years in a row. I think there are going to be some significant changes next year. Paul will be gone for sure, Wiggins is likely to be traded, and there is a chance Klay wont be back.
If/when suns fire Vogel, he would be a nice addition to the coaching staff given his defensive background.
If/when suns fire Vogel, he would be a nice addition to the coaching staff given his defensive background.

When Lakers fire Ham - you guys can have him as your Timeout/Challenge coach.
If KD actually wants to win and finally realizes he made the biggest
mistake in recent nba history by leaving Steph, he can try to force his way back to us.
If KD actually wants to win and finally realizes he made the biggest
mistake in recent nba history by leaving Steph, he can try to force his way back to us.

I honestly dont think thats a crazy scenario to believe. both sides need eachother. phoenix doesnt have draft picks from like 2024-2030 after trading for durant and everyone else and that team isnt just gonna miraculously get better. I hope we throw the sink at milwaukee to get Giannis but I would take KD back in a heart beat
Share 49ersWebzone