There are 387 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk

PG13 would be another option, but he is likely to get more interest elsewhere
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Why would you guys want KD? Time to go younger imo. Go after Brandon Ingram. He could be available and you can keep Kuminga too if willing to give up picks & Moody + Wiggins.

Curry - BI - Kuminga - Draymond - Klay

That's a great 5 to build out the rest of the roster. Pushes Klay to no 4 option which fits him perfectly.

Just my 2 cents.

I get the feeling Ingram is injury prone even though he is younger.

i also doubt that's all it would take for Ingram. Although his value rn is likely at a low given this past year and playoff performance.

Had a feeling they'll let BI go next year. He's gonna be traded soon.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 4, 2024 at 11:24 AM ]
Why would you guys want KD? Time to go younger imo. Go after Brandon Ingram. He could be available and you can keep Kuminga too if willing to give up picks & Moody + Wiggins.

That's a great 5 to build out the rest of the roster. Pushes Klay to no 4 option which fits him perfectly.

Just my 2 cents.

i also doubt that's all it would take for Ingram. Although his value rn is likely at a low given this past year and playoff performance.

I like Murphy for the money he will command but I'm not paying BI over 200 million. Just not a true difference maker worthy of that contract in my opinion
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Just my 2 cents.

I like Murphy for the money he will command but I'm not paying BI over 200 million. Just not a true difference maker worthy of that contract in my opinion

That's just the reality of NBA these days - unfortunately. Every real no.2 option is gonna get 200m plus in the NBA. I think BI under a great coach and system - can be so much better. I wish Lakers could trade for him but Pels are not doing any deals with Lakers (they have Lakers 2025 pick).

Length is at premium and Pels needed him to be their go to scorer and don't have a defensive culture. Kerr and Draymond will make him play defense and he showed flashes of being elite defensively with Lakers. I personally think he's worth it. He doesn't fit that well with Zion - but he's gonna be a great fit next to Curry imho.

But, I do agree that he hasn't been a difference maker so far in his career. I think he needs to be around vets and not be looked as THE leader of a team.
[ Edited by 4ML on May 8, 2024 at 6:08 PM ]
...btw came in to ask - what is the opinion on Kenny Atkinson?

Bron will get him fired.
But seriously, Atkinson is fine. Players seem to really like him. He did a good job as the stand in head coach when Kerr was gone.

Good coach. I think the Lakers would be smart to hire him
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Good coach. I think the Lakers would be smart to hire him

I have to assume he'd be the best coaching candidate on the market.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Bron will get him fired.

LeBron is a great player but he's a coach killer. He's had more than one coach fired. He's one layer tat has always used his power to get what he wants. Moving around the league and collecting players to win titles instead of just being the foundation of a strong franchise the way Steph has. Durant is much the same way.

He was hired, IIRC, for the job he had done in Brooklyn developing some of the younger players there (when DLo was there) and takes a more analytical approach for matchups and certain things players should do.

but he's not really known for his defense, and imo, need a stronger defensive mind next to Kerr.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

This is what would happen to most of the nba players. Football athletes live in the weight room more than basketball players. That plus probably very little understanding of the nuances of the game and even LeBron will look like this against a mid nickel corner.

Basketball is naturally a pick up and play sport. If you're athletic enough you can get some buckets, rebounds, and defend well enough if you play hard enough.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
This is what would happen to most of the nba players. Football athletes live in the weight room more than basketball players. That plus probably very little understanding of the nuances of the game and even LeBron will look like this against a mid nickel corner.

Basketball is naturally a pick up and play sport. If you're athletic enough you can get some buckets, rebounds, and defend well enough if you play hard enough.

football players play with leverage, something nba players dont have to learn
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

football players play with leverage, something nba players dont have to learn

I doubt that many NBA players could play in the NFL except maybe at TE or WR. I do believe they're the best athletes when it comes to conditioning and skillset. Hitting a baseball is still the hardest thing in sports but the players aren't nearly as athletic as NBA players.
Share 49ersWebzone