LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Nobody wanted a 30 mill salary dump (trade and then waived)

crazy

Better than having Poole's albatross contract.
MUCH better. I had no doubt that Paul would be waived because I never thought for a minute that a team would give up anything for him that made any sense for the Warriors. Using him to get Lavine as Chicago wanted would have been idiotic.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jun 30, 2024 at 5:49 PM ]
CP3 to Spurs for 1 year and 11 million
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Nobody wanted a 30 mill salary dump (trade and then waived)

crazy

If you trade a player with non-guaranteed contract - you've to guarantee his contract first. Warriors could have guaranteed for a lesser amount and then moved him but the acquiring team will have to pay him that amount. They can't just waive him without paying the guaranteed portion.
Klay Thompson signs with the Mavs. At least he didn't go to the Lakers. I want to see him trying to row his kayak around Dallas.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jul 1, 2024 at 11:49 AM ]
We didn't even get Josh green? Wtf
salute klay..
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
salute klay..

He'll be traded back to us at some point, when Luka complains if/when Klay starts chucking up shots like these last two seasons

he'll retire a warrior
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
salute klay..

🫡
  • exile
  • Veteran
Legendary player. He gave the Bay Area many great moments that won't be forgotten.

Still, I'm glad we can move on now.
Paying him max money for sitting at home wasn't good enough?

my favorite memory.. this will never happen again

These guys are all just hired guns, most of them, anyway...f 'em. Klay will someday be represented by a cool, 3-figure statue of him, Dray and Steph. Until then, I don't want to hear much more from this greedy fake-captain Rocco 0 for 10 persona guy we never really knew. Bummed by him. He never loved us.
[ Edited by Murphys1 on Jul 1, 2024 at 8:48 PM ]
Klay is easily one of my favorite players of all time. The fact dunleavey couldnt get this dude locked in for the 16 mil he signed for is insane. we cant sign anyone for 16m that will do more than klay or boost morale for the fans and the team like Klay would. Dunleaveys stupid ass let Poole and Klay go for basically a couple of 2nd round picks and wasted an expiring contract trade with CP3. this year is going to be terrible, but hey, we're under the tax apron!
[ Edited by hondakillerzx on Jul 2, 2024 at 1:35 AM ]
Thanks for the memories Klay
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Klay is easily one of my favorite players of all time. The fact dunleavey couldnt get this dude locked in for the 16 mil he signed for is insane. we cant sign anyone for 16m that will do more than klay or boost morale for the fans and the team like Klay would. Dunleaveys stupid ass let Poole and Klay go for basically a couple of 2nd round picks and wasted an expiring contract trade with CP3. this year is going to be terrible, but hey, we're under the tax apron!
I appreciate the fact that you love Klay and I doubt there is any Warrior fan that doesnt have the same feelings for the guy. He is an all time great, a hall of famer, and part of the greatest shooting backcourt ever.

However, lets take a look at reality here:
1) It was Bob Myers who gave Jordan Poole a 4 year and 128 million dollar deal which may be one of the
worst contracts in basketball. Dunleavy was left trying to get out of the deal which he did by trading him
for Chris Paul who not only was a better player but just had one year that they had to pay him.

2) The Warriors are in tax hell and the new CBA made their situation worse. They couldnt even use the mid
level tax exemption and Lacob paid $177M in tax penalties for a non playoff team. Would you do that
again if you were him? Chris Paul had to go

3) There was no team that was going to trade for Paul and give up anything of value. Why would they and
take on $30 million for next season when they could get him at 1/3 the cost. Expecting the Warriors to
get anything is naive. They hoped to use his contract to land PG but the Clippers wouldnt pull the
trigger on a deal and George opted out. Not Dunleavys fault.

4) The Warriors and more specifically Dunleavy offered Klay a 2 year /48 million dollar deal. 24 million per
year for a guy whose talent had obviously declined was a very fair offer. Klay, however, with his big ego
thought he deserved a deal like Draymond. He didnt sign, bet on himself, and lost when he had his worst
season ever.

5) Dunleavy wasnt the one who benched Klay down the stretch in clutch time or replaced him in the starting
lineup with a rookie. Steve Kerr, who knows what is best for the team, did that. Klay was not playing well
and his best role was coming off the bench as a 6th man. Klay wasnt happy and I think that is a huge
reason he left. He was somehow disrespected in his mind.

The Dubs paid Klay a max deal AFTER he tore his ACL and paid him for 2 years of him watching basketball. They were fair to him then and fair now to be honest. Klay got butt hurt and decided to leave. These are the facts. Sorry he is gone but I put it all on Klay and not the Warriors.
Share 49ersWebzone