There are 147 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Lauri Markkanen rumors are starting to get a little hot.

Wonder who we'd give up, a lot of picks will be gone but you extend your window for a while
I would offer Kuminga, Moody, Looney and 2 future 1st rd picks.

The team values Kuminga a lot. Supposedly Was not offered in any PG13 trades
I like Kuminga a lot as well and wouldn't have included him for 34 yr old PG either. Markkenen is 27 though and the kind of player that could make the Warriors really good.
I just dont see Utah moving him to the Dubs without JK being included.
Kuminga is very erratic at this point but he's really young and extremely athletic. I would hate to give him up and then see him blossom in the next 2 years.
If we can get Lauri without giving up JK this offseason is a net positive. Klay leaving on a bad note sucks, but getting Melton and Anderson helps our defense a ton

I really don't blame him for leaving and wanting to avoid all the b******t in LA. Now with Bronny there, it's gonna be even more toxic.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jul 3, 2024 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
If we can get Lauri without giving up JK this offseason is a net positive. Klay leaving on a bad note sucks, but getting Melton and Anderson helps our defense a ton

Fans all loved Klay but the front office can't afford to be sentimental. The facts are Klay hasn't been the same since those 2 injuries. The Warriors gave him every chance but they didn't make the playoffs last season with him healthy all year. There's no reason to believe they could get back to the finals if they keep Klay.

Fans see the team through their heart. The front office sees it through their brain. The owners see it through their heart, brain and wallet.
we get buddy yet..
Klay had a chance to sign (2/24mill per), bet on himself (didn't work out), and then proposed a lower contract. The issue going forward was that he still viewed himself as a starter and wouldn't accept a reduced role.

One of the warriors insiders mentioned that behind the scenes, Klay had some antics. Similar to draymond whose antics were seen on the court.

love Klay and wish he stayed, but clearly he would have had to accept a 6/7th man role. He'll be traded back in a few years and retire with us (unless the Mavs go on an incredible championship run)
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Kuminga is very erratic at this point but he's really young and extremely athletic. I would hate to give him up and then see him blossom in the next 2 years.
Its always a risk to trade a promising young player but Markkanen is also young, has already blossomed, and would be a better fit in my opinion for the Dubs. If they can trade for him and get Hield to go with Anderson and Melton it would make the Warriors a better team than what they put on the court last year.
Klay had a chance to sign (2/24mill per), bet on himself (didn't work out), and then proposed a lower contract. The issue going forward was that he still viewed himself as a starter and wouldn't accept a reduced role.

One of the warriors insiders mentioned that behind the scenes, Klay had some antics. Similar to draymond whose antics were seen on the court.

love Klay and wish he stayed, but clearly he would have had to accept a 6/7th man role. He'll be traded back in a few years and retire with us (unless the Mavs go on an incredible championship run)

Dude I hope so but I really just hope this isn't a situation like so many of these athletes that resent the team they made their living on because of management stuff. Klay to me was always the glue guy and he made the dynasty accessible because he was just this goofy ass dude that was one of us. He was the one in the team that brought everyone together I think where dray is the enforcer and Steph is a superstar that was beyond the reach of most people. Curious to see who fills that role. The warriors were always better when they had goofy ass players to keep the mood light and Klay was a huge part of that
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
we get buddy yet..

All 3, no D

Originally posted by DickWedgie:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
we get buddy yet..

All 3, no D
Melton and Anderson will improve their defense. The Warriors are in desperate need of a strong outside shooter with Klay leaving. Hield will provide that if they can land him
So Dunleavy used both 2nd rd picks he got for Klay to go get Anderson and Hield and also used the Mid level exemption the Dubs were able to use by getting under the tax level to get Melton. I actually think the team is better with these additions than they were with Klay and Paul but they still need to make one big trade to be serious contenders.
I'm afraid at how much they'll need to get Lauri Markkanen, do y'all think Ingram will be cheaper? Trading podz, and Kuminga should be off the table. I think TJD is going to be a star, I would avoid packaging him if they can but you gotta give up someone to get high caliber players
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
I'm afraid at how much they'll need to get Lauri Markkanen, do y'all think Ingram will be cheaper? Trading podz, and Kuminga should be off the table. I think TJD is going to be a star, I would avoid packaging him if they can but you gotta give up someone to get high caliber players
There is only 1 untouchable on the Dubs and that is #30. Pod and TJD showed a lot of promise as rookies but I dont see either as perennial all stars who you would keep rather including to get an elite player. Kuminga is probably the only guy on the team that other teams would covet enough to trade someone like Markkanen. To this point Kuminga still isnt a great team defender nor shooter. His athleticism is off the charts but he has a long way to go still to be a complete player. Would it be better to trade Wiggins instead of him? Of course but no team would ever make that trade.

Let's say for fun that the Dubs traded Kuminga, Moody, Payton, and a first rd pick for Markkanen. Here is what a 10 man rotation could look like:

PG Steph, Melton
SG Pod, Hield
SF Markkanen, Wiggins
PF Dray, Anderson
C TJD, Looney

Maybe not a title contender but better than last year in my opinion
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
There is only 1 untouchable on the Dubs and that is #30. Pod and TJD showed a lot of promise as rookies but I dont see either as perennial all stars who you would keep rather including to get an elite player. Kuminga is probably the only guy on the team that other teams would covet enough to trade someone like Markkanen. To this point Kuminga still isnt a great team defender nor shooter. His athleticism is off the charts but he has a long way to go still to be a complete player. Would it be better to trade Wiggins instead of him? Of course but no team would ever make that trade.

Let's say for fun that the Dubs traded Kuminga, Moody, Payton, and a first rd pick for Markkanen. Here is what a 10 man rotation could look like:

PG Steph, Melton
SG Pod, Hield
SF Markkanen, Wiggins
PF Dray, Anderson
C TJD, Looney

Maybe not a title contender but better than last year in my opinion

I totally agree. I would love Markannen and if JK is the center piece to get this trade done, so be it. 7 ft with a little bit of Dirk in scoring and some of Giannis athleticism. Sign me up! With that lineup you posted, I like that a lot.
Share 49ersWebzone