There are 197 users in the forums

Golden State Warriors Talk

Hope everyone had a Happy KD day!
The downside of Lauri is he misses games. Lots of them. In the neighborhood of 20-30 a year. The problem with a guy that big and athletic is the potential for strains and tweaks to the body.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
The downside of Lauri is he misses games. Lots of them. In the neighborhood of 20-30 a year. The problem with a guy that big and athletic is the potential for strains and tweaks to the body.
He certainly misses games but he is worth the big investment simply because of his upside. The Warriors, as things stand right now, are good but not real title contenders. Markkanen makes them a team that could possibly be a factor.

My guess is that there will not be a trade because Ainge will just want too much in a return
Warriors summer league team off to a good start in its first two games with two blowout wins. Ethan Thompson has been very impressive.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
He certainly misses games but he is worth the big investment simply because of his upside. The Warriors, as things stand right now, are good but not real title contenders. Markkanen makes them a team that could possibly be a factor.

My guess is that there will not be a trade because Ainge will just want too much in a return
i dont think theyll give up lauri without podz, kuminga and several first and the warriors would need a new contract extension as well before giving all that up. this is probably what we look like atleast til the trade deadline. if we can stay afloat til then and make a trade for someone on a bad team we may be able to make the playoffs
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

i dont think theyll give up lauri without podz, kuminga and several first and the warriors would need a new contract extension as well before giving all that up. this is probably what we look like atleast til the trade deadline. if we can stay afloat til then and make a trade for someone on a bad team we may be able to make the playoffs

That's my only concern. It's my understanding we would need cap space to offer him an extension worth accepting this summer.
Originally posted by Hopper:

That's my only concern. It's my understanding we would need cap space to offer him an extension worth accepting this summer.
The Warriors were going to offer George a max deal thru a sign and trade so why couldn't they do the same for Markkanen? Pretty sure they would only make a deal if that was in place.

Kuminga is going to cost 200+ million for his extension. Between JK and Moody they will get over 50M per yr
supposedly Markkanen said he would take 7-10 mill less a year to play with warriors, not sure if that was true or not.

I dont see this FO, paying Kuminga a 200+ million contract (see Wagner extension by Magic) and Moody 20 million a year.

My bet would be Kuminga gets moved for a more polished player right now. Unless Kuminga takes a dramatic leap forward this season.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

The Warriors were going to offer George a max deal thru a sign and trade so why couldn't they do the same for Markkanen? Pretty sure they would only make a deal if that was in place.

Kuminga is going to cost 200+ million for his extension. Between JK and Moody they will get over 50M per yr

Markkanen's salary is a lot lower than George which lessens what you can offer him extension wise this summer unless you have cap room. Bobby Marks tweeted Utah would have to increase Markkanen's salary this season from 18 mil to 40-42 mil using their cap space to be eligible to offer him 4 years 202 million. Without cap room the most you could offer this summer is around 4/117.

Markkanen's salary is a lot lower than George which lessens what you can offer him extension wise this summer unless you have cap room. Bobby Marks tweeted Utah would have to increase Markkanen's salary this season from 18 mil to 40-42 mil using their cap space to be eligible to offer him 4 years 202 million. Without cap room the most you could offer this summer is around 4/117.
I wouldnt worry about that. There is no way the Warriors would give up a huge package unless they can sign him long term and they are obviously trying everything they can to get it done.

rather throw the kitchen sink at Milwaukee for Giannis at the deadline. Markkanen seems awesome, but are we overpaying just because hes the only one that seems available? just like PG, I dont think he was ever the top dog and hasnt proven anything other than being injury prone but we were all in on him because he was the biggest name available
rather throw the kitchen sink at Milwaukee for Giannis at the deadline. Markkanen seems awesome, but are we overpaying just because hes the only one that seems available? just like PG, I dont think he was ever the top dog and hasnt proven anything other than being injury prone but we were all in on him because he was the biggest name available

Easy to say when it's not your sink. The warriors have been paying a lotof luxury tax the last few years. Maybe they've decided to take a break from it in order to reset for the next few years.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Easy to say when it's not your sink. The warriors have been paying a lotof luxury tax the last few years. Maybe they've decided to take a break from it in order to reset for the next few years.

They're not gonna waste having Steph to reset. They're worth 9 billion dollars and Steph still has the highest selling jersey in the NBA. They will do what they need to do to stay competing for titles as long as Steph is here
Lmaooooooooooo

Klay's numbers the last 3 years have been the 3 worst of his career. Kuminga is younger and on the rise . He only averaged 1.5 points per game less than Klay while playing 3 minutes less per game. They have other players that can make up the scoring. Klay's defense used to be great but that dropped off even more than his scoring.
Share 49ersWebzone