There are 179 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Our hitting has been putrid, but we are hitting a team .233 on balls in play. That will likely average itself out so our hitting should be better in general than it has been.

But on the flipside, our starting pitching's metrics are showing that we have been a bit lucky, which means pitching at its current rate is not sustainable.

I know its only been 6 games, but I am much more optimistic about this team now than I was in Spring Training. I feel like this is closer to a .500 team than a 70 win team like I assumed it would be. Time will tell.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by Niners99:
A 3 game series win is even better.

Sure, but they blew the chance

What are you talking about?
So those weird light blue and yellow Boston marathon alternate uniforms the Red Sox are debuting is part of the first 6 team Nike rollout for the new "City Connect" uniform program, which will use a look that has to do with the teams' city, but not the team itself.

Apparently the Giants are one of the 6 teams that will have these uniforms this season, and they are planned for multiple game use, and will be around for 3+ years.
Never going to be able to wear my UCLA hat again. People are going to think I am in Boston gear.
Home opening game and Cueto time, should be fun tonight.
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Apr 9, 2021 at 3:23 PM ]
  • Mr711
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Our hitting has been putrid, but we are hitting a team .233 on balls in play. That will likely average itself out so our hitting should be better in general than it has been.

But on the flipside, our starting pitching's metrics are showing that we have been a bit lucky, which means pitching at its current rate is not sustainable.

I know its only been 6 games, but I am much more optimistic about this team now than I was in Spring Training. I feel like this is closer to a .500 team than a 70 win team like I assumed it would be. Time will tell.

Yet our on base % is solid? Heard last year we finished 7th in the league. Hitting will come. We got some BP relief coming in May as well.

wouldn't it be nice to see a Giants SP pitch a complete game
  • Mr711
So those weird light blue and yellow Boston marathon alternate uniforms the Red Sox are debuting is part of the first 6 team Nike rollout for the new "City Connect" uniform program, which will use a look that has to do with the teams' city, but not the team itself.

Apparently the Giants are one of the 6 teams that will have these uniforms this season, and they are planned for multiple game use, and will be around for 3+ years.

So fkn lame! The Red Sox uni's are brutal. What is this the fkn NBA? Keep this s**t out of baseball. They look fkn bad. Always Nike with some stupid ass s**t
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:

So fkn lame! The Red Sox uni's are brutal. What is this the fkn NBA? Keep this s**t out of baseball. They look fkn bad. Always Nike with some stupid ass s**t

Nike is bringing it all to baseball. Surprisingly, it was confirmed that Boston actually approached Nike about making this uniform. Im nervous about what ours will look like. Id guess its something similar to the Warriors "The Bay" jerseys.
Day baseball
Real fans
Rubber getting to watch past the 6 inning
Cueto looks great.

Our offense

Craw
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Craw

Finally lol
leggo cueto
Cueto almost got the CG but still a great outing.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 9, 2021 at 4:28 PM ]
damn!
Share 49ersWebzone