There are 185 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

man it's so great to hear fans cheering again
Man, would have love to seen him close it out there. What a great performance nonetheless.
gg
Cueto
McGee
Craw

Not sure if you guys saw but Bryan Stow, the dude who got maimed at Dodger stadium threw out the first pitch. Crazy dude is alive and walking now.

Kudos to Kapler for giving Cueto the opportunity to close it out. Not managing by analytics there, which many here seem to think that's all Kapler is.

W.
[ Edited by Garce on Apr 9, 2021 at 4:33 PM ]
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Man, would have love to seen him close it out there. What a great performance nonetheless.

raising his value for the trade deadline

Kapler trying to prove to the fans that he can let a SP go deep. I was actually shocked he sent him out for the 9th. I don't even think Bruce Bochy would've let Cueto throw 118 pitches this early in the season.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Kapler trying to prove to the fans that he can let a SP go deep. I was actually shocked he sent him out for the 9th. I don't even think Bruce Bochy would've let Cueto throw 118 pitches this early in the season.

I was shocked as well. I dont think many managers would have let him go after he gave up the leadoff triple. I wouldnt have to be honest.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I was shocked as well. I dont think many managers would have let him go after he gave up the leadoff triple. I wouldnt have to be honest.

Yeah, I figured the only explanation was him being in front of the fans for the first time, he wanted to shed the fan reputation for being uptight and new age about pitch counts.
Missed the game but caught it on MLB TV. Glad to see how well it went for Cueto. That shimmy is awesome lol.
  • Mr711
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Yeah, I figured the only explanation was him being in front of the fans for the first time, he wanted to shed the fan reputation for being uptight and new age about pitch counts.

118 is a s**t ton this early but that was really cool to see it breakdown. Love how he checked with Buster and Posey "he's solid!" Lol I was just asking earlier today "wouldn't it be nice to see a Giants pitcher go a complete game"

Idk how Cueto can shimmy like he does without causing a balk or something lol.
Posey wearing sunglasses at the plate was new. I don't ever remember him wearing them while hitting.
Gg
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Idk how Cueto can shimmy like he does without causing a balk or something lol.

Only with no one on base
i heart Cueto's triple shimmy. so nasty.
Share 49ersWebzone