There are 119 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Originally posted by TheXFactor:
the best thing for this team would be for Marco to grab and hold down that 2B spot

I don't think any IF spot is realistic for him, he got zero defense anywhere. His only hope is OF or DH. That's on farhan for not switching him sooner.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
I mean, he added a quality player for the long term. Schmitt was his most likely guy to take over 3B internally and he has not shown any real promise at the MLB level. He secured the position for the next few years, it's not the worst move. But as long as we all know, and hopefully he knows, that Chapman is not a middle order hitter... then I am fine with it.

How things have changed over the course of 6 months. LOL

Yeah its almost as if things change over time based on things that happen. Shocker
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Yes he does but still less than Ramos. I like Ramos and love what he did this year but his average has been steadily dropping since the all star break when he was around .300. I see so many Giants hitters striking out on high fastballs or worse taking a called 3rd strike down the middle. They need to change their entire team approach to hitting, especially with runner in scoring position. That probably means a new hitting coach.

No offense, but I feel like you dont understand hitting and baseball.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Yes he does but still less than Ramos. I like Ramos and love what he did this year but his average has been steadily dropping since the all star break when he was around .300. I see so many Giants hitters striking out on high fastballs or worse taking a called 3rd strike down the middle. They need to change their entire team approach to hitting, especially with runner in scoring position. That probably means a new hitting coach.

Right coach. I guess you do.

I did coach through HS and played college baseball, but none of that means anything. But that doesn't have anything to do with the amount of middle of the zone fastballs that Chapman sees at rate higher than anyone else in the NL. Those are more hittable pitches he gets and misses. That part is pretty easy to understand. Will Clark talked about it on his podcast. Go give it a listen. BLUF, pitchers don't fear Chapman and go right at him and win. Ramos, since you brought him up, is not seeing that same amount of middle of the zone fastballs.

I did coach through HS and played college baseball, but none of that means anything. But that doesn't have anything to do with the amount of middle of the zone fastballs that Chapman sees at rate higher than anyone else in the NL. Those are more hittable pitches he gets and misses. That part is pretty easy to understand. Will Clark talked about it on his podcast. Go give it a listen. BLUF, pitchers don't fear Chapman and go right at him and win. Ramos, since you brought him up, is not seeing that same amount of middle of the zone fastballs.

I'm talking about swinging at high fastballs and missing which both do a lot. I'm really bothered by the number of called 3rd strikes that are often down the middle. I know these guys often guess and look for certain pitches but if you played as much as you did you know you have to be ready to swing at anything close when you have 2 strikes. This has been an issue with this team all year. That's why I say they need to change their approach. I'm not disagreeing with what you say about who gets the better pitches. In the end it's the results that count and this team isn't getting the results.

Ramos may not be seeing as many middle of the zone fastballs but he's still striking out at a higher rate.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Sep 5, 2024 at 2:11 PM ]
Catchmaster more like Yapmaster
Ramos with a double in the 8th. Chapman strikes out. Who would have guessed
wow a win.. cool
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
wow a win.. cool

Finally a good day for Bailey

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
wow a win.. cool

Finally a good day for Bailey

He needed that.
I mean, he added a quality player for the long term. Schmitt was his most likely guy to take over 3B internally and he has not shown any real promise at the MLB level. He secured the position for the next few years, it's not the worst move. But as long as we all know, and hopefully he knows, that Chapman is not a middle order hitter... then I am fine with it.

Yeah its almost as if things change over time based on things that happen. Shocker

Absolutely nothing about Casey Schmitt has changed other than your opinion of him.

Absolutely nothing about Casey Schmitt has changed other than your opinion of him.

Nothing has changed other than the fact almost an entire season has gone by and he has had multiple opportunities to produce at the major league level and hasn't.

Nothing about Schmitt has changed aside from that he is 25 now and his days as a prospect are now over.

If Schmitt broke through like Ramos, I can guarantee you Chapman would not have been offered a new deal. But that's not how things have worked out.
Garce, he's referencing you saying Chapman was blocking Schmitt because you thought Schmitt was going to be good. So yes, your opinion changed.
Catchmaster more like Yapmaster

HAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Share 49ersWebzone