There are 190 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Schmitt hit .290 at a halfway decent college....that translates to about .190 in the majors, no?
I turned on the game and saw that Luciano and Matos weren't in the lineup. Then Snell lasts one inning. Turned the game off. At this point it's no longer about wins and losses for me. I just want to see if the younger players can do anything. I know what Yaz and Conforto can do.
from ESPN

Chapman, 31, has been one of the most productive players in baseball this season, combining a powerful bat with the best third-base defense in the major leagues.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
from ESPN

Chapman, 31, has been one of the most productive players in baseball this season, combining a powerful bat with the best third-base defense in the major leagues.

Probably true when you consider offense and defense as well as availability. He has his flaws but nearly every player does.
On TV for me...no Giants or football tonight. A glimpse into the dark, post-apocalyptic world of my future.
Congrats, we suck again.
At this point just tank for a better draft pick, re sign snell and aim to get a middle order bat in a trade or something in the offseason, watching games now should only be if you ain't got nothing to do lol
Originally posted by Murphys1:
On TV for me...no Giants or football tonight. A glimpse into the dark, post-apocalyptic world of my future.

81 college games on today. Go to it.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Garce, he's referencing you saying Chapman was blocking Schmitt because you thought Schmitt was going to be good. So yes, your opinion changed.

He did block Schmitt at 3B.

Unfortunately for us and fortunately for Schmitt, production at SS and 2B tanked so he got some looks there.

He got more opportunities, he didn't produce. He's now 25 his days as a prospect are over and they had to lock up and overpay Chapman because of it.

My views are based on the evidence and things that transpire over time. My opinion changing is not some sort of gotcha moment.
McCray 2 HRs

indont want to see conforto, yaz, and canha in these line ups

Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Garce, he's referencing you saying Chapman was blocking Schmitt because you thought Schmitt was going to be good. So yes, your opinion changed.

He did block Schmitt at 3B.

Unfortunately for us and fortunately for Schmitt, production at SS and 2B tanked so he got some looks there.

He got more opportunities, he didn't produce. He's now 25 his days as a prospect are over and they had to lock up and overpay Chapman because of it.

My views are based on the evidence and things that transpire over time. My opinion changing is not some sort of gotcha moment.

I wasn't making it a gotcha moment. But most of us saw Schmitt as not a Major Leaguer last year, yet you were complaining he got blocked after free agency.
  • tl57
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
McCray 2 HRs

indont want to see conforto, yaz, and canha in these line ups

I don't want to see those 3 either, but who do the Giants bring to replace them? Yeh, right. Only in our dreams.
As far as McCray, every dog has its day. And until I see that not over a game or two but at least one whole season, this is a flash in the pants for me.
Kuip calling McCray 'McCoy' in the 9th.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Kuip calling McCray 'McCoy' in the 9th.

I caught that. Kruk and Kuip have been great for years but they're both slipping a little. Age and health issues are catching up to them. I suspect that they will retire together in the next couple years since Kruk can't travel anymore. This team has been really fotunate to have so many great broadcasters over the years.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I wasn't making it a gotcha moment. But most of us saw Schmitt as not a Major Leaguer last year, yet you were complaining he got blocked after free agency.

Yeah because we are having to overpay for Chapman, him blocking Schmitt was a secondary complaint. And I did like Schmitt, I still do but the optimism is waining.

If you had really liked a prospect and the Giants signed someone to block him, you would be annoyed too.

Chapman has been better than I would have thought but not by much.
Share 49ersWebzone