There are 133 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Speaking of blocking, anyone see Fitz run into Luciano on a pop-up that led to an error and Padres scoring 2?
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Sep 8, 2024 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Speaking of blocking, anyone see Fitz run into Luciano on a pop-up that led to an error and Padres scoring 2?
Why on earth would anyone watch a Giants game especially on the first Sunday of the NFL season?

I saw it on Twitter. I don't care that the SS has priority on the infield. That was horrible and Fitz had no business where he was.

Curious if we will ever find out what actually was said on the dugout and if Melvin taking Luciano out was warranted or not.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I saw it on Twitter. I don't care that the SS has priority on the infield. That was horrible and Fitz had no business where he was.

Curious if we will ever find out what actually was said on the dugout and if Melvin taking Luciano out was warranted or not.

Fitz did the same thing to Chapman like a week ago...
Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
I mean, he added a quality player for the long term. Schmitt was his most likely guy to take over 3B internally and he has not shown any real promise at the MLB level. He secured the position for the next few years, it's not the worst move. But as long as we all know, and hopefully he knows, that Chapman is not a middle order hitter... then I am fine with it.

How things have changed over the course of 6 months. LOL

Yeah its almost as if things change over time based on things that happen. Shocker

Absolutely nothing about Casey Schmitt has changed other than your opinion of him.

Nothing has changed other than the fact almost an entire season has gone by and he has had multiple opportunities to produce at the major league level and hasn't.

Nothing about Schmitt has changed aside from that he is 25 now and his days as a prospect are now over.

If Schmitt broke through like Ramos, I can guarantee you Chapman would not have been offered a new deal. But that's not how things have worked out.

In my opinion, Villar has shown as much or even a little more promise than Casey has so far...
McCray 2 HRs

indont want to see conforto, yaz, and canha in these line ups

so many intriguing young players for our future. Feels brighter than ever in almost maybe 6-7 years...
Eighteen games left. Let's hope they let Luciano, Matos and Encarnacion play as much as possible. I like Yaz and Conforto has been hitting okay lately but we know what these guys can do. Chances are good that they'll be gone next year.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

I believe Luciano was going to be taken out regardless as a late defensive substitution given his play this season.

I believe Luciano was going to be taken out regardless as a late defensive substitution given his play this season.

That may be true but they need to make a decision with him. Is he going to play 2nd base? SS? Outfield? DH? They've moved him around a lot and never leave him at one spot for long. Even in Sacramento he was alternating between SS, 2nd and DH.
In my opinion, Villar has shown as much or even a little more promise than Casey has so far...

Villar has had his chances , he can't hit at MlB

Fantasy baseball playoffs, I need some dongs from Ramos... he's been slacking lately.
  • tl57
  • Veteran
Pitcher gives up two runs in the 1st inning and the game is over. Get up and go home. Nice team and the manager the con artist put together this year. I don't understand the idiots who are in the stands today to begin with. I wouldn't turn on the game if they paid me.
Originally posted by tl57:
Pitcher gives up two runs in the 1st inning and the game is over. Get up and go home. Nice team and the manager the con artist put together this year. I don't understand the idiots who are in the stands today to begin with. I wouldn't turn on the game if they paid me.

Last night was an easy choice. There were no decent movies on any of my movie channels and I couldn't watch the debate. I watch now just to see how the young players are doing.
Season sucks, but I'm going to miss going to the games. Got tix for the last game
Most HR's in a season at Oracle Park

1. 37 (Barry Bonds 2001)
2. 26 (Barry Bonds 2004)
3. 25 (Barry Bonds 2000)
4. 23 (Barry Bonds 2003)
5. 19 (Barry Bonds 2002)
6. 16 (Barry Bonds 2007)
7. 15 (Rich Aurilia 2001)
8. 15 (Ellis Burks 2000)
9. 13 (Brandon Belt 2021)
10. 13 (Juan Uribe 2010)
11. 13 (Pablo Sandoval 2009)