LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 161 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Not sure if true or not, but it makes sense.

Hire buster as the President of Ops right now... fire Zaidi's b***h ass.

I don't pop in here too much but how can Zaidi not be fired in two weeks? Or the Giants gonna ride this guy another two or three years..
double post..
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Sep 16, 2024 at 3:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Looks like he's keeping it.

Good. Maybe the Giants will be less stingy next time. Dude has been going to games and essentially being a free mascot forever, and they won't even give him a parking space?

Well that Dave guy is now saying he won't give the ball back to Heliot unless he plays 10 or more years as a Giant. Says Heliot hasn't earned the right to get the ball back.

Yeah Dave can go kick rocks.
just fire Farcrap now and speed up the process , we all know it's coming sooner or later, may as well do it now
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Good. Maybe the Giants will be less stingy next time. Dude has been going to games and essentially being a free mascot forever, and they won't even give him a parking space?

McCovey Cove Dave is a pr**k. He doesnt deserve anything.

And this Ramos ball? How is it his "most precious ball?" Its one of over 100 splash hits. Who cares if a lefty or a righty hit it? He says he would share it with Cooperstown, but chances are, Cooperstown wouldnt want this ball to display it. Its worthless. This ball in auction would fetch next to nothing.

lol what are you basing this on?
That ball has no reason to be in cooperstown lmao

probably on display for the park though
Originally posted by Zachary:

I mean, since the park opened there have been 8 perfect games pitched in baseball, but only 1 right handed splash hit. It doesn't have relevance to the HOF, but I think it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at the Giants. Dave is essentially a free mascot and team promoter, and the team wouldn't even give him a parking space to make his life a bit easier?

People can call Dave greedy for not giving the balls back, but they're his legal property. If the team wants them so bad they can easily meet his asking price. MLB teams are notoriously cheap when it comes to exchanging milestone balls. They use passive aggressive threats to pressure fans into giving up balls worth tens of thousands for a $250 signed bat. Most fans don't know what they have, or are made to feel like they are withholding something that isn't theirs.
Originally posted by Zachary:

I mean, since the park opened there have been 8 perfect games pitched in baseball, but only 1 right handed splash hit. It doesn't have relevance to the HOF, but I think it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at the Giants. Dave is essentially a free mascot and team promoter, and the team wouldn't even give him a parking space to make his life a bit easier?

People can call Dave greedy for not giving the balls back, but they're his legal property. If the team wants them so bad they can easily meet his asking price. MLB teams are notoriously cheap when it comes to exchanging milestone balls. They use passive aggressive threats to pressure fans into giving up balls worth tens of thousands for a $250 signed bat. Most fans don't know what they have, or are made to feel like they are withholding something that isn't theirs.

Especially funny considering the history of ball ownership and the law

Barry Bonds milestone HR is taught in law school for a lesson on property rights

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popov_v._Hayashi

There are a bunch of law firms that say lawyer up if you get a significant milestone ball

Teams low ball and then use bad PR to pressure if you reject

Some of those balls auction for significant money
I havent heard anyone talk about it but the role Posey took in the Chapman contract, and his seemingly frustration with Farhan could be something. He is super respected in there and I would love to see this turn into something more. If anything, its worth talking about and seeing how this plays out.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I havent heard anyone talk about it but the role Posey took in the Chapman contract, and his seemingly frustration with Farhan could be something. He is super respected in there and I would love to see this turn into something more. If anything, its worth talking about and seeing how this plays out.

On KNBR this morning Kuip said Posey would never have mentioned this, and he doesn't want any credit. He was just trying to help the team.

I don't think Posey has any interest in being a GM or anything like that. His intelligence and talent for managing things would probably make him pretty successful in that role, but I doubt he's interested in being in charge. Similar to his stance on being a manager, I don't think he wants the stress and workload of those jobs. He wants the freedom to balance his family and charity work with his advisor job.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

On KNBR this morning Kuip said Posey would never have mentioned this, and he doesn't want any credit. He was just trying to help the team.

I don't think Posey has any interest in being a GM or anything like that. His intelligence and talent for managing things would probably make him pretty successful in that role, but I doubt he's interested in being in charge. Similar to his stance on being a manager, I don't think he wants the stress and workload of those jobs. He wants the freedom to balance his family and charity work with his advisor job.

Agree. But I love the part where he was frustrated with Farhan.
we fire Z and hire Posey as GM yet?

McCovey Cove Dave is a pr**k. He doesnt deserve anything.

And this Ramos ball? How is it his "most precious ball?" Its one of over 100 splash hits. Who cares if a lefty or a righty hit it? He says he would share it with Cooperstown, but chances are, Cooperstown wouldnt want this ball to display it. Its worthless. This ball in auction would fetch next to nothing.

lol what are you basing this on?

I'm basing the value on the idea that 1 of 105 Splash Hits cant be worth anything, logically. 105 isnt even counting the 61 that opposing players have hit. There have been legends who have hit the ball into the water, and those arent worth anything. So why would a Heliot Ramos ball be worth anything at all? Its worth far more to Ramos and the Giants than it would be in terms of value.

And by all accounts, Dave is an a**hole. The fact that he considers his hobby "work" speaks volumes of how he carries himself and what he thinks of himself. He is a nobody. He is on record saying that Ramos needs to "earn the ball" from him. He brings baseballs to the stadium to autograph for people. He claims to be a true fan but he makes everything about himself.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Especially funny considering the history of ball ownership and the law

Barry Bonds milestone HR is taught in law school for a lesson on property rights

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popov_v._Hayashi

There are a bunch of law firms that say lawyer up if you get a significant milestone ball

Teams low ball and then use bad PR to pressure if you reject

Some of those balls auction for significant money

I get what you are saying, but there is absolutely nothing significant about Ramos' homerun ball. Nothing. How many baseball fans in the world would find the first splash hit by a right handed batter to be interesting and something they would want to see displayed?
I get what you are saying, but there is absolutely nothing significant about Ramos' homerun ball. Nothing. How many baseball fans in the world would find the first splash hit by a right handed batter to be interesting and something they would want to see displayed?

Yeah, i don't agree. But cool.
Share 49ersWebzone