There are 134 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

I just hope they re-evaluate the way they are drafting and then handling minor leaguers. We see players age 19, 20 and 21 on nearly every team we play. Where are those guys on the Giants? We have 23, 24 and 25 year old guys still trying to stay in the majors. There has to be a reason for this. It's been going on for a long time. Until that changes we're going to continue to see mid level free agent players that we sometimes overpay to get.
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
I'm going to my first Giants game at Oracle since the 2013 season(!) on the 27th. I used to go a lot before I moved away back then.

Hopefully it's at least a decent game. It's the Willie Mac award ceremony night

Try the crab fries!!!

Hmmm, we may have to. I'm sure it's $50 or something, but it sounds delicious! I've always wanted to try that crazy crab sandwich too. I know back in the day it was like $20, so I'm sure it's a lot more now.

I know the team isn't too exciting to watch, but I'm excited to see the ballpark again after 11 1/2 years.

someone told me they stopped selling them but I haven't been there to be able to verify
I think they were like $15
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Something HAS to change at this point.

FIRE FARHAN!
Originally posted by boast:
Something HAS to change at this point.

FIRE FARHAN!

Even if he's not the entire cause he has to go. That's part of changing the direction and atmosphere for the team.
Doval being Doval.
Looks like Luciano has been optioned again in favor of Chapman's return. Management really have no clue what to do with that kid.
Looks like Luciano has been optioned again in favor of Chapman's return. Management really have no clue what to do with that kid.

At this point I almost hope they end up trading him and he does well somewhere else. Maybe then this organization will learn a lesson. Luciano should have stayed in Sacramento all year and been allowed to play 2nd base if that's where they see his future. What really bothers me is he's been in the system for 6 years (5 if you don't count the Covid year). It took them this long to see he wasn't a SS? I read all the scouting reports on him when he was drafted and they mostly said his future was either at 3rd or in the outfield. I don't think the Giants have tried him at either of those spots. Why would they? They really know how to develop young players right?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

At this point I almost hope they end up trading him and he does well somewhere else. Maybe then this organization will learn a lesson. Luciano should have stayed in Sacramento all year and been allowed to play 2nd base if that's where they see his future. What really bothers me is he's been in the system for 6 years (5 if you don't count the Covid year). It took them this long to see he wasn't a SS? I read all the scouting reports on him when he was drafted and they mostly said his future was either at 3rd or in the outfield. I don't think the Giants have tried him at either of those spots. Why would they? They really know how to develop young players right?
It would be retarded to trade him at this point because he would have little value. He is still a young man and not someone to give away for nothing or to give up on.
Share 49ersWebzone