There are 182 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I know his value is low but someone would probably take him. Maybe he gets released. I'm just frustrated with seeing one top prospect after another failing in this organization. Ramos has been a bright spot but he was close to getting released or traded since he was out of options.

You say Marco is still young but he's not. He's been with the team for 6 years. He's 23 now. He's not showing any real progress. They're sending him to the fall league and are going to try him in the outfield. It took them all this time to realize he can't play in the infield. Maybe it's because of the way he's been handled but sooner or later he's going to have to show something. The league is full of 23 year old guys that are playing well. Some are budding superstars.

LOL. 23 is definitely young. What are you talking about? He needs regular AB's for longer than 2 weeks to determine if he can show real progress, but Farhan is too inept to let him stay up here and play.
exactly. You dont give up on a 23 yr old kid who has been your #1 prospect and either release him or trade him for peanuts. That is just stupid.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I know his value is low but someone would probably take him. Maybe he gets released. I'm just frustrated with seeing one top prospect after another failing in this organization. Ramos has been a bright spot but he was close to getting released or traded since he was out of options.

You say Marco is still young but he's not. He's been with the team for 6 years. He's 23 now. He's not showing any real progress. They're sending him to the fall league and are going to try him in the outfield. It took them all this time to realize he can't play in the infield. Maybe it's because of the way he's been handled but sooner or later he's going to have to show something. The league is full of 23 year old guys that are playing well. Some are budding superstars.

LOL. 23 is definitely young. What are you talking about? He needs regular AB's for longer than 2 weeks to determine if he can show real progress, but Farhan is too inept to let him stay up here and play.
exactly. You dont give up on a 23 yr old kid who has been your #1 prospect and either release him or trade him for peanuts. That is just stupid.

I agree that he needs regular ABs. That's why I felt he should have stayed in AAA for the entire year. They knew his fielding was shaky so there was no spot for him in the majors. They had Soler and the Encarnacion as their DH.

I don't really want them to release him but I'm frustrated with how they handled him and other young players. I had really high hopes for Marco based on all the hype around him. He just hasn't ben able to produce in his brief stints and then he hasn't done well when sent back to AAA. He's messed up now and I hate to see another young prospect ruined. He may end up needing a change if he is ever going to reach his potential.
I agree that he needs regular ABs. That's why I felt he should have stayed in AAA for the entire year. They knew his fielding was shaky so there was no spot for him in the majors. They had Soler and the Encarnacion as their DH.

I don't really want them to release him but I'm frustrated with how they handled him and other young players. I had really high hopes for Marco based on all the hype around him. He just hasn't ben able to produce in his brief stints and then he hasn't done well when sent back to AAA. He's messed up now and I hate to see another young prospect ruined. He may end up needing a change if he is ever going to reach his potential.

They definitely aren't going to release him. I think they are having trouble accepting the fact that he is probably only able to play LF or DH, which they should have figured out a long time ago.

On KNBR Krukow was talking about his approach at the plate being all opposite field, which is probably why he isn't hitting for power. He needs time to learn how to pull more pitches. Usually its the opposite for hitters. I think he can be a good hitter in the big leagues, but he needs playing time. I get that hes not ready, but I don't see the downside in letting him finish off the season in the Majors with regular playing time. Meanwhile guys like Donovan Walton are up.

They definitely aren't going to release him. I think they are having trouble accepting the fact that he is probably only able to play LF or DH, which they should have figured out a long time ago.

On KNBR Krukow was talking about his approach at the plate being all opposite field, which is probably why he isn't hitting for power. He needs time to learn how to pull more pitches. Usually its the opposite for hitters. I think he can be a good hitter in the big leagues, but he needs playing time. I get that hes not ready, but I don't see the downside in letting him finish off the season in the Majors with regular playing time. Meanwhile guys like Donovan Walton are up.

I heard Krukow and he's spot on. Once again it gets back to the coaching he's getting. Why did it take so long to recognize his faults? Krukow and the fans have been able to see the oles in his game in just a few appearances. What are they doing in the minors? I thought they were supposed to be coaching these guys and helping them learn. Sorry to keep ranting about this but it's so damn frustrating to see it happening over and over.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Looks like Luciano has been optioned again in favor of Chapman's return. Management really have no clue what to do with that kid.

it's the fumbling of our #1 prospect all over again. They didn't think Bart was good enough to be a #2 Catcher and this year he's better than fat PB.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Hell of a game last night. Went to Birdland and must have seen at least 500 other Giants fans there! Lock up Snell ASAP.

I was able to finally watch a Giants game on TV on normal time for me lol.

you ever go the a Nats or O's game when SF visits?
Hell of a game last night. Went to Birdland and must have seen at least 500 other Giants fans there! Lock up Snell ASAP.

Not in awhile. Been to plenty of Nats games with a Naval Academy buddy of mine who lives in Edgewater. Only been to Camden a couple of times.
Bryce Eldridge gonna be the saving grace for farhan. Dude is knocking at the door at only 19 years old, fast tracked to AAA in his first full season. He could be up early next season, if he is lights out in camp I could see him making the team.

But if all things go well maybe he's up by may or june
Can Chapman hit 3 HR in 5 games, or will his baby be the latest way that fate blocks a Giant from a 30 HR season?
Where was this winning a month ago lol.

Schmitt quietly raised his average to .240 with 6 HRs in a very part time role.

Casali is going to finish the year hitting .190. Last year Sabol hit .245 with 14 HRs. And he replicated those numbers in AAA this year. And in his 11 games in the bigs this year, he hit .313. Now we can pretend Casali is good defensively, but he isn't. If you want to win games, you have to hit. One of these catchers can hit and run, and one is the worst catcher in all of baseball.

Not in awhile. Been to plenty of Nats games with a Naval Academy buddy of mine who lives in Edgewater. Only been to Camden a couple of times.

small world, I grew up 5 mins from Edgewater.
Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
Bryce Eldridge gonna be the saving grace for farhan. Dude is knocking at the door at only 19 years old, fast tracked to AAA in his first full season. He could be up early next season, if he is lights out in camp I could see him making the team.

But if all things go well maybe he's up by may or june

I heard Ron Wotus talking about him and he said his bat is fine. He's learning to play 1st base so that might be the only thing that keeps him at AAA for next year. At 6'7" he has a little trouble getting down to field those low liners.
Where was this winning a month ago lol.

They're out of the playoff race so there's no pressure on them unlike some of the teams they're facing. Not that they were ever really in the playoff picture anyway.
We might have a winner

Share 49ersWebzone