There are 206 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Marco was sent down to play in the fall league. They are apparently going to try him in the outfield. He's shown he isn't a good infielder so maybe it will work out. He has enough speed and a good arm. He also needs to learn how to pull the ball.He has good power and a quick bat but he rarely pulls the ball. Hence very few HRs. None at the major league level. I hope the fall league and any off season work he does can get him back on track.

Scouts knew he probably couldn't stay at SS before he was even signed 7 years ago. The fact that the Giants are just now transitioning him to OF is embarrassing.
Farhan fired yet?
Originally posted by Zachary:
Giants have lost the last 14 home games I've gone to (went to the last A's/Giants in oakland and they won)
Going tomorrow

Bet wisely fellas

So essentially its your fault the Giants had a losing season.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
FZ should lose his job for playing Walton over Marco in meaningless games.

Marco was sent down to play in the fall league. They are apparently going to try him in the outfield. He's shown he isn't a good infielder so maybe it will work out. He has enough speed and a good arm. He also needs to learn how to pull the ball.He has good power and a quick bat but he rarely pulls the ball. Hence very few HRs. None at the major league level. I hope the fall league and any off season work he does can get him back on track.

I don't care, the plan post-deadline was to keep him at DH the rest of the season.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Farhan fired yet?

Should be soon? Today? Even he in a radio interview stated how the lack of playoff appearances under his tenure is something ownership will be looking at and not under his control. That sounds like he knows..

I don't think these firings are a surprise much of the time and he's probably already been told and gets it.

Who's next?
Let's hope that somethings change in the off season to build optimism. New GM? Maybe a couple of nice additions via FA. Not necessarily huge names but guys that can help. Big name players will only block any young players that might be ready come next season.
Yesssssssssss

Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by boast:
on his latest podcast, Kawakami thinks Z's gone and Posey takes on more responsibilities but not the GM position.

this is what I was suggesting yesterday. And man I would love it.

Thats what I suggested days ago.

Posey as President of Ops (a la John Lynch). He hires a GM for Day to Day roster management.

Posey gives us a respected figurehead that can be a true attractant to allure super stars to want to come here.

I said it first
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Boom
Melvin is staying

Hopefully Buster can change things. Can't get worse anyway
Best news all year
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Hopefully Buster can change things. Can't get worse anyway

The White Sox would disagree. lol
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Farhan fired yet?

Yup
Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
Yesssssssssss

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone