????

I hope he's just a figurehead like John Lynch

I hope he runs the whole f**king thing
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
we just need to get back to what we were doing. Judge and Harper don't win you much. See Trout, he hasn't won anything his entire career. You need good management, a ton of pitching, team leaders, good catcher and quality fielding. We can check a lot of these boxes here. Farhan cost us big time by Cobb being out of action and Ray to start the season. We knew Snell would come along a lil slow with his late signing. So he walked into the year with 3/5s the rotation out of action more or less. That's how he fired himself essentially.

Ohtani hasn't won anything either technically, but you take him if you can. Same way with Judge and Harper

One player won't win you the World Series, but having a cornerstone player certainly helps (see Posey). We seemingly can't develop one, so we need to sign one if possible and continue building.

sure you take those guys, but notice when we had that guy we didn't win jack. that guy was Bonds. i don't view mlb as a stars game where you need the games biggest star to win. that's maybe NBA.

Absolutely. Eve the best players make an out one out of every 3 ABs. Even the best make an errors sometimes. Even the best pitchers can suffer if the team doesn't hit.

ok, just like to point out while you agree with this...faithful is the same dude who repeatedly told us this years team was making the playoffs for the same reason.

Not sure if you guys noticed but that didnt happen.

Continue on.

Isaid they would finish at .500 =- 2 games. Unfortunately I was right. One game better than last season so that's progress
Isaid they would finish at .500 =- 2 games. Unfortunately I was right. One game better than last season so that's progress

well basically the whole thread said that except faitful. Just stating the obvious as you agree with his posts. he is never right.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Or maybe we don't pull Ortiz

pulling Ortiz was 100% the right move. Ortiz was no ace. his pitch count was 98. he just gave up back to back singles. there's no argument to leave him in, other than hindsight.

well basically the whole thread said that except faitful. Just stating the obvious as you agree with his posts. he is never right.

I agree that getting a superstar doesn't guarantee a pennant as he pointed out. In fact the only times the Giants have won was when they had no superstars other than pitchers. If you remember even then they were underdogs in nearly every playoff series each year. I just hope Buster is capable of doing the job. Hopefully he can start by changing the culture, especially in the minor leagues.

I agree that getting a superstar doesn't guarantee a pennant as he pointed out. In fact the only times the Giants have won was when they had no superstars other than pitchers. If you remember even then they were underdogs in nearly every playoff series each year. I just hope Buster is capable of doing the job. Hopefully he can start by changing the culture, especially in the minor leagues.

Buster Posey wasnt a super star? lmao

Ok, I'm done.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Originally posted by FaTaL:
Buster?

????

I hope he's just a figurehead like John Lynch

He is an executive like John Lynch.
I hope he is in charge of baseball operations.

Buster Posey wasnt a super star? lmao

Ok, I'm done.

MadBum, Zito, Lincecum, Cain

BoMel, Buster and Chapman now that is a core to build around.

Bob Mel is a total loser. Dude put trash lineups out all year and did nothing with a loaded Padres team. We screwed up not hiring Vogt.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
BoMel, Buster and Chapman now that is a core to build around.

Bob Mel is a total loser. Dude put trash lineups out all year and did nothing with a loaded Padres team. We screwed up not hiring Vogt.

he was 10x better than kapler
it's just hard starting strong with 3/5s your rotation on the shelf, and Farhan doing his openers routine. remember than one guy Dalton Jefferies. he was a gas can. we had some real jokers out there early season and it cost us put us behind the 8 ball
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by DeepNinerValue:
Yesssssssssss

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Woo!

Happy about this. Let's go, Buster!
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He is an executive like John Lynch.
I hope he is in charge of baseball operations.

With his lack of experience I disagree, he'll have to swallow his ego and hire real baseball executives/scouts etc
[ Edited by FaTaL on Sep 30, 2024 at 1:22 PM ]
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

might as well fire him as well, hes inspiring as a bottlecap
Share 49ersWebzone