There are 157 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Originally posted by FaTaL:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Im not sure the veterans like him much more than the writers.

That is true but that's his best shot, no excuses if Ortiz gets in

I've always thought that when media darling "Big Papi " is eligible, Bonds and Clemans get in
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
on a serious note, I can't wait for Hjelle to be called up.

Why? He's projected to be mid rotation starter unless he starts throwing harder

Because hes one of our top pitching prospects and is 6'11? He will definitely be interesting to watch. Nothing wrong with being a mid rotation starter, especially if hes solid and costs us next to nothing. We could use that going forward.

also, it's been like 3-4 years since we have had a young SP that is legit. Webb has been on the team 3 years now.
Originally posted by DocMcstuffins:

Last I recall so was Webb. Hjelle aka Jelly Bean has some good pitches and keeps improving. He's definitely an intriguing pitching prospect.
Im ready for some Seth Corry

I want to see Kyle Harrison.
Harrison is ahead of Corry, Swiney, and Hjelle as far as a top level prospect. Right now, I am most looking forward to Harrison and Bednar in terms of guys who can be at the top of a rotation.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Last I recall so was Webb. Hjelle aka Jelly Bean has some good pitches and keeps improving. He's definitely an intriguing pitching prospect.

Harrison is ahead of Corry, Swiney, and Hjelle as far as a top level prospect. Right now, I am most looking forward to Harrison and Bednar in terms of guys who can be at the top of a rotation.

And Harrison has so much more room to grow being that he's like 19 and keeps getting better.

Great call! I left the De La Salle and former Hoots standout!!! Yes Kyle is another to add to the watchlist
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

Great call! I left the De La Salle and former Hoots standout!!! Yes Kyle is another to add to the watchlist

I seen his first start in SJ, he was a wildman, hit a couple guys, walked a few but struck out a lot in a short amount of innings, was throwing mid 90's, going to be nice to see him progress.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:
I seen his first start in SJ, he was a wildman, hit a couple guys, walked a few but struck out a lot in a short amount of innings, was throwing mid 90's, going to be nice to see him progress.

He's definitely interesting, a wild horse with super upside. Bednar has a chance to advance quickly so the giants have set themselves well for the future
Alex Cobb signing looking like it's happening
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Cash and a player? Farhan is a genius.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Alex Cobb signing looking like it's happening
If it is something like 2 years/12 million that would be a good signing. I think he fits in as a backend starter.
DeScalfani 3/$36M
Wood 2/$20+M
Cobb 2 year (rumored)

Nice.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Nov 22, 2021 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Here's hoping it's Ronald Acuna
DeScal is back on a 3 yr deal.
Share 49ersWebzone