There are 159 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Do you guys want Castellanos? I keep hearing Giants/Phillies/Indians for him.
Originally posted by jrg:

It's been rumored.

Not really. I want Semien and Marte or Suzuki. I think most of the bigger name free agents are going to be linked to SF this winter by rumors started by agents. They know were going to be a big spender, and will be an easy decoy to bait other teams into thinking theres competition.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want Semien and play him at 2b.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Not really. I want Semien and Marte or Suzuki. I think most of the bigger name free agents are going to be linked to SF this winter by rumors started by agents. They know were going to be a big spender, and will be an easy decoy to bait other teams into thinking theres competition.

I'm with you. I like Castellanos but he's a defensive liability. Dude can rake no doubt. I like the agility guys, guys who can play all over the field and I think Farhan does too. Marte or Suzuki would be a huge boost to our OF. and bring Semien home!
Well no Matz, he's signing with the Cards. I'm good with that. Go pull Means away from Balti
[ Edited by DocMcstuffins on Nov 24, 2021 at 9:44 AM ]
Originally posted by DocMcstuffins:
Well no Matz, he's signing with the Cards. I'm good with that. Go pull Means away from Balti

Mets GM is whining about it too lol.

Matz was decent in his first two seasons, and last year, but his four previous seasons were a total disaster. 4.83 ERA.
Posey got robbed of First Team All-MLB. Ridiculous.

Seriously, obviously Defense plays no factor in, with Tatis and Harper out there. I get it though it's all about hitting the long ball and racking up tons of RBI's. But yeah Posey not being first team All MLB to Salvi who hit mad HR's in meaningless games is pure s**t! Just like the HOF voting is pure fodder !

Seriously, obviously Defense plays no factor in, with Tatis and Harper out there. I get it though it's all about hitting the long ball and racking up tons of RBI's. But yeah Posey not being first team All MLB to Salvi who hit mad HR's in meaningless games is pure s**t! Just like the HOF voting is pure fodder !

Posey :
4.9 WAR
.304 avg
.889 OPS
140 wRC+
12.3% BB
19.2% K

Perez :
3.4 WAR
.273 avg
.859 OPS
127 wRC+
4.2% BB
25.6% K

Posey was the far superior player, especially if you add in defensive metrics. But apparently the voters don't look past HR and RBI totals…

Posey :
4.9 WAR
.304 avg
.889 OPS
140 wRC+
12.3% BB
19.2% K

Perez :
3.4 WAR
.273 avg
.859 OPS
127 wRC+
4.2% BB
25.6% K

Posey was the far superior player, especially if you add in defensive metrics. But apparently the voters don't look past HR and RBI totals…

Not sure where you are getting your info but per pro baseball reference Perez war is 5.3 last year. Posey 3.5. Perez played in 161 games to Posey's 113. Even with my homer goggles on this one isn't even close fellas.
I have the feeling something big is coming...
Originally posted by Garce:
Wood
Descalfani

I'm down to sign Alex Cobb. I think Guasman can go elsewhere, too high of a risk to sign a dude with confidence issues unless he develops a reliable third pitch.

Cobb as a #4 is fine with me.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by Garce:
Wood
Descalfani

I'm down to sign Alex Cobb. I think Guasman can go elsewhere, too high of a risk to sign a dude with confidence issues unless he develops a reliable third pitch.

Cobb as a #4 is fine with me.

Cobb as a #5 is fine with me
Share 49ersWebzone