There are 218 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Dang rain!

No game today. Double Dipper tomorrow.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Dang rain!

No game today. Double Dipper tomorrow.

warriors win today and giants double dip tomorrow. No biggie.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
The amount of change we have had an 2B is insane for three years.

Think about it: Panik, Scooter, Solarte, Dubon, Solano, Flores, LaStella and now Estrada.

Not even counting Daniel Robertson and Corbin Joseph...

I'd prefer to see Estrada over LaStella when he gets healthy. Not as good defensively but much more pop his bat.

My favorite Giants second basemen since the world series run is Freddie Sanchez. Man, loved that dude. Wish he didn't get hurt. Scutaro second.

Agreed with all of this. We know what Lastella is. We are seeing glimpses of what Estrada could be. He needs to play.

Loved Sanchez too. Even liked him a lot when he was at Pittsburgh.

and how fast he faded after the 2010 world series was wild also.

Freddy was such a gamer. I like La Stella too. He reminds me of scutaro a little bit
2020 - 2022 MLB SLG% leaders (min. 500 PA)

1. Brandon Belt .600
2. Fernando Tatis .598
3. Ronald Acuna Jr. .591
4. Bryce Harper .587
5. Jose Ramirez .572
6. Juan Soto .571
7. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. .570

The Captain of Slugging %.
Originally posted by Niners99:

1. Brandon Belt .600
2. Fernando Tatis .598
3. Ronald Acuna Jr. .591
4. Bryce Harper .587
5. Jose Ramirez .572
6. Juan Soto .571

He's always been pretty good but it feels like he's finally been putting it all together the last few years.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Niners99:

1. Brandon Belt .600
2. Fernando Tatis .598
3. Ronald Acuna Jr. .591
4. Bryce Harper .587
5. Jose Ramirez .572
6. Juan Soto .571

He's always been pretty good but it feels like he's finally been putting it all together the last few years.
His numbers will be good at the end of the year if he can stay healthy. What has always driven some fans crazy are those cold streaks where he looks like he cant hit a Low A pitcher. But it does seem like those are times are much less frequent. Belt is certainly not their main concern. It is the other bats in the lineup that are the top question mark for me.
Agreed about Belt. He has shown much more consistency in recent times. In years past, he would hit .450 over a 2 to 3 week period twice a season, which would average out the 2 to 3 week period twice a season where he would hit .150 or so it seemed.

That's why I always said his season totals of .280 with 18 homeruns were incredibly deceiving.

But, fingers crossed, he seems to be past that.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Agreed about Belt. He has shown much more consistency in recent times. In years past, he would hit .450 over a 2 to 3 week period twice a season, which would average out the 2 to 3 week period twice a season where he would hit .150 or so it seemed.

That's why I always said his season totals of .280 with 18 homeruns were incredibly deceiving.

But, fingers crossed, he seems to be past that.

If you hit .280 with 18 HR, it doesn't really matter how you got there. Belt being in a slump for 6 weeks didn't kill the team, but him being white hot for 2 weeks actually won us games.

I never had an issue with Belt. His injuries were always bad luck that you couldn't fault him for, and when he was hot he was a game changer. Fans were always hard on him because of his body language and awkward looking athleticism. Crawford was equally bad for a good chunk
of time, but nobody cared because he looks cool and plays smooth defense.
One of the worst attempts to throw out a runner I've ever seen…
Joey Bart 1, Giants 0.

*Yakety Sax playing*
[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 19, 2022 at 12:27 PM ]

Joc!
Bart shows his experiene with s**t defense that leads to a run. Joc ties it up with one swing. LFG
Estrada is hot af right now. He should play 2nd and DH. Hit him twice.
Yung Joc
ok, thats enough. Send Vosler back down.
Share 49ersWebzone