LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 133 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Thank you Flores! Saved him
Oh for the love of god
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Ruf is batting .171

Hes been really unlucky though. Every hard hit ball finds a glove.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

best defensive play I have ever seen him make. We played clutch last night!
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

best defensive play I have ever seen him make. We played clutch last night!

Yeah, great performance. Rodon is just amazing. If the giants wanted to win, I would pitch Rodon every game and this would be the batting lineup

1. Estrada
2. Craw
3. Joc
4. Belt
5. Bart
6. Estrada
7. Craw
8. Joc
9. Belt

I'd allow Duggar to pinch run. Nobody else hits. And I would trade Ruf to whatever team we are playing that week to help us win.

162-0 fo sho
It bugs me it's 2022 and we still have stickers for logos on helmets. We should have it like the dodgers. Actual helmet material on the logo. Looks so much better
[ Edited by Garce on Apr 21, 2022 at 10:42 AM ]
Dubon is so dumb
Desclafani very concerning.
[ Edited by Garce on Apr 21, 2022 at 10:47 AM ]
One of the most underrated aspects of Buster Posey behind the plate was his defensive skills. That dude started throwing out would be base stealers in 2010 and never stopped. He was nails behind the plate when it came to throwing the dude trying to swipe second. Buster bombed opposing baserunners up until his final game.

It was nice to see Bart pull a little Buster magic yesterday. His location to second needs some work, but the man has the kind of cannon that not even Buster had. And Buster was pretty darn good. For Bart to throw the ball as high as he did, still giving Craw enough time to apply the tag on Marte to end the 7th inning was super-duper impressive.

I think the Giants, once again, have a better team than most people gave them credit for in the various preseason predictions. The Giants are 4-2 on an eastern swing when the goal is to play .500 ball. They were like this last year too. This could easily be a 100-win team again.
Desclafani easily the worst starter

Originally posted by Garce:
Dubon is so dumb

Dubon should be sent back down.
Dubon is so dumb

He can't just be sent down, he's out of options which means he will be put on waivers.
Dubon is so dumb

He can't just be sent down, he's out of options which means he will be put on waivers.

hopefully someone in the division would pick him up and the giants would face him.
Carrasco shredding us
Originally posted by Niners99:
Keep Yunior Marte up please. Throws hard. Good movement

Crappy minor league numbers. Not sure if hes good enough to last.

word. he threw upper 90's and his slider moved well. He looked good yesterday. Fanned 3 good hitters. Other than the first few innings of the first game, he was the only positive thing the rest of the day.

I can see why he could have struggled a little in AAA. Command issues. He throws hard with plenty of sink. 96-97 mph. A lot of movement. So he's hard to hit. Keeps it low also. But he's struggling today with command. When he's got command of his pitches a lot of K's though. Throwing a lot of pitches here. But I'd like to see this dude get innings and develop.
Share 49ersWebzone