There are 196 users in the forums

2024 San Francisco Giants Season Thread

Originally posted by Garce:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Solano is a professional hitter.

On another note, Posey going the other way for the HR and again just now on the fly out has been great to see.

I feel like that's disrespectful for the dude who won the silver slugger at 2B. To me a "professional hitter" is equivalent to calling a qb a game manager.

He hit .330 and .326 in the big leagues. He's a very very good all around hitter.
Those averages were in seasons where he had 215 and 190 at bats. He has also never hit more than 4 homeruns in a year. Dont make it sound like he is the next coming of Jeff Kent. LOL.
W
How is calling someone a professional hitter disrespectful? LOL
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Those averages were in seasons where he had 215 and 190 at bats. He has also never hit more than 4 homeruns in a year. Dont make it sound like he is the next coming of Jeff Kent. LOL.

Did I say he was jeff kent? I joked he was tony Gwynn. I think Solano has proven he's a very very good hitter.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
W

161-1 confirmed
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Did I say he was jeff kent? I joked he was tony Gwynn. I think Solano has proven he's a very very good hitter.
He has proven to be a good contact hitter over his last 400 at bats. Before 2019 he simply was not good. But its just downright silly that you took offense to him being called a professional hitter. In fact, I think for someone with his limited resume thats quite a compliment.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 2, 2021 at 10:45 PM ]
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Typically used to describe a marginally talented player
Where did the term "punch and judy hitter" ever originate from? Lol it's such a weird way to describe really anything in sports.
I'm just glad I stayed up til 1:30 AM and got to see a win. Lets take the series tomorrow.
Originally posted by FaTaL:

No it is not. It was used to describe Edgar Martinez. It was used to describe Robinson Cano a lot too.

• Shifty
  • Veteran

No it is not. It was used to describe Edgar Martinez. It was used to describe Robinson Cano a lot too.

Why do I think of Bobby Abreu when I hear that term?
Anyway, good win.
[ Edited by Garce on Apr 2, 2021 at 11:15 PM ]
Anyway, good win.

That's disrespectful to call that just a good win

Being called a professional hitter is a term
of respect. Its means you know what you're doing at the plate.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Solano is a professional hitter.

On another note, Posey going the other way for the HR and again just now on the fly out has been great to see.

I feel like that's disrespectful for the dude who won the silver slugger at 2B. To me a "professional hitter" is equivalent to calling a qb a game manager.

He hit .330 and .326 in the big leagues. He's a very very good all around hitter.

Hes a career .277 hitter with a career .367 SLG%. Settle down with the "very very good" talk. Brandon Belt's career SLG is nearly 100 pts higher.

Hes looking solid in the limited AB's he's had in SF. Hopefully he keeps it up.
Share 49ersWebzone