There are 246 users in the forums

***2021 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD***

Originally posted by JustinMT:
Frustrated Brooklyn Nets officials demanded a meeting with Ben Simmons and his agent Rich Paul after Simmons sat out again for Game 4.

Simmons said in the meeting that a mental block exists for him, partly because of his struggles in last year's playoffs, which he claims is creating stress that could serve as a trigger point for his back issues.

Simmons insisted he did want to play basketball again and suit up for the Nets.

(via Shams Charania)

He's f**king toast. Trade him to the Magic, maybe they can duct tape him back together like they did with Futlz.

Given KD's and KI's ability to score, the Nets seemed like a good situation for Simmons. Maybe not.
Frustrated Brooklyn Nets officials demanded a meeting with Ben Simmons and his agent Rich Paul after Simmons sat out again for Game 4.

Simmons said in the meeting that a mental block exists for him, partly because of his struggles in last year's playoffs, which he claims is creating stress that could serve as a trigger point for his back issues.

(via Shams Charania)

He's f**king toast. Trade him to the Magic, maybe they can duct tape him back together like they did with Futlz.

oh oky then. So blind guys cant drive. So the DMV does not allowed them to drive

this malingering fool cant handle the pressure of NBA level basketball, so void his contract and see ya never bye. Problem solved
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

and people cried b/c Sac didn't give Philly the moon when they tried trading him there lol. Dodged a huge bullet.

(via Shams Charania)

f**k 'em, Kyrie and Durant are two of the most unlikable players ever.

Durant the supposed best player in the league got abused by a 22 year old Tatum throughout the whole series. If only Durant was more of an advocate on political issues maybe then he would get the same hate from the dumb hicks.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Apr 27, 2022 at 3:40 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

(via Shams Charania)

Given KD's and KI's ability to score, the Nets seemed like a good situation for Simmons. Maybe not.

Problem is, he can't handle being in the NBA. Its apparently too much for him. He's got the yips badly.

(via Shams Charania)

Problem is, he can't handle being in the NBA. Its apparently too much for him. He's got the yips badly.

I'm a bit on the fence with him...He's obviously got some issues, there's something to be said when a guy of his caliber feels so down about himself that he can't play. You have guys in the NBA who are flat out s**t compared to the best players in the league, but they dgaf lol. So seeing someone like Simmons feel and act this way, this goes beyond the common stuff that we understand about pro athletes.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

(via Shams Charania)

I'm a bit on the fence with him...He's obviously got some issues, there's something to be said when a guy of his caliber feels so down about himself that he can't play. You have guys in the NBA who are flat out s**t compared to the best players in the league, but they dgaf lol. So seeing someone like Simmons feel and act this way, this goes beyond the common stuff that we understand about pro athletes.

To me, it has always felt like he thought he could coast through the pros without working on his game. "I don't need to work on my three point shot. I don't need to work on free throws, etc." He thought his defense and his playmaking ability would be enough and when they weren't and he was publicly criticized by his coach and teammates, it finally hit him that this is a job that he has to work hard at. As critical as I've been of Mitchell this year, and parts of last, I at least know he has worked really hard to become a better player. I don't know if anyone can really say that about Ben. The dude has been scared of shooting a jump shot his entire career.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

(via Shams Charania)

To me, it has always felt like he thought he could coast through the pros without working on his game. "I don't need to work on my three point shot. I don't need to work on free throws, etc." He thought his defense and his playmaking ability would be enough and when they weren't and he was publicly criticized by his coach and teammates, it finally hit him that this is a job that he has to work hard at. As critical as I've been of Mitchell this year, and parts of last, I at least know he has worked really hard to become a better player. I don't know if anyone can really say that about Ben. The dude has been scared of shooting a jump shot his entire career.

Ya, agree, that's why I said I was kinda on the fence with him...In the end I can't feel too bad for him, he's got one of the best jobs in the world and making more in one year that I might never see in my entire life
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Apr 27, 2022 at 5:24 PM ]
I missed one game in the Little League because of ego. Many years later I look back and kick myself for being stupid because of missing that one game. Here's Simmons with the world at his feet doing his best to throw it all away.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I missed one game in the Little League because of ego. Many years later I look back and kick myself for being stupid because of missing that one game. Here's Simmons with the world at his feet doing his best to throw it all away.

He seems perfectly content with throwing it a away. He's made a hefty fortune.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
I think Utah is toast. Going to be interesting to see what changes happen in the offseason.

KD is toast. He probably needs to leave if wants to win, but he won't.

Trae Young, had a terrible playoffs. Want to see how he responds.

Why is Minnesota hotdogging during their games, when they haven't won s**t?
Originally posted by FL9er:
I think Utah is toast. Going to be interesting to see what changes happen in the offseason.

The Pat Beverly effect
😂

Originally posted by FL9er:

What do you mean? They're actually competing in a first round playoff series, in Minnesota thats basically a Larry Obrien.
I don't think I can remember ever seeing a guy get that open on a playoff game winner and brick it so badly. He had ALL day to measure that one.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Apr 28, 2022 at 10:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone