There are 208 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Zachary:
feel like this past draft had quite the amount of nepotism wanted from our fans lol

idk how much yall watched TO's son, but our fans wanted him. And we signed him as an Udfa. Wonder why

Comparing a draft pick to an udfa lol

UDFA and getting picked with 3 picks left in the draft isn't all that different lol. Hell - some players tell teams to not draft them with those late picks - so they can sign as UDFA with a team of their choice.
Originally posted by 4ML:
To be fair - this was the very first example of nepotism in sports history. So, I'm sure ppl voicing their displeasure for the first time about nepotism in sports has nothing to do with Lebron.

When did a scrub son get drafted before?

Patrick Ewing's son

damn I didn't know knecht could jump like that.

JJ gonna make lakers shoot 40 3s a game.

damn I didn't know knecht could jump like that.

He's a legit scorer. Threat from all levels.

I think he was a pick that makes Reeves expandable now. If Lakers are serious about trading for a Dejounte Murray or someone else of that caliber, Reeves will have to be included in that package.

this is true for quite a few ppl in here too lol

Because Skip didn't post this:

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

this is true for quite a few ppl in here too lol

Because Skip didn't post this:

Yea - this definitely erases a 20 year tv career built on hating Lebron.
feel like this past draft had quite the amount of nepotism wanted from our fans lol

idk how much yall watched TO's son, but our fans wanted him. And we signed him as an Udfa. Wonder why

Comparing a draft pick to an udfa lol

UDFA and getting picked with 3 picks left in the draft isn't all that different lol. Hell - some players tell teams to not draft them with those late picks - so they can sign as UDFA with a team of their choice.

My point exactly.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I was hoping to draft Jesse Edward or bring him in as undrafted. We need some height in the paint.
[ Edited by titan on Jun 28, 2024 at 12:05 PM ]

You think TO's son is going to be guaranteed a roster spot, put on a no trade list, guaranteed playing time just so he can bond with his dad like Bronny will be?

Giannas has his brothers playing with him so it's not unique to LeBron but this is definitely up there. Should be fun to watch though.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 28, 2024 at 1:26 PM ]
To be fair - this was the very first example of nepotism in sports history. So, I'm sure ppl voicing their displeasure for the first time about nepotism in sports has nothing to do with Lebron.

When did a scrub son get drafted before?

Patrick Ewing's son

How dud Ewimg influence the draft to pick his kid, who won 6th man of the year in his conference?

grasping at straws for your love LeBron
Originally posted by tjd808185:

You think TO's son is going to be guaranteed a roster spot, put on a no trade list, guaranteed playing time just so he can bond with his dad like Bronny will be?

Giannas has his brothers playing with him so it's not unique to LeBron but this is definitely up there. Should be fun to watch though.
well that hasn't happened so

didn't the 49ers also invite Nate Montana to their training camp when he didn't have a reason to be there lol

I hate the lakers. I just think everyone's crying about one of the last picks in the draft for no reason.

Mike piazza was drafted in the 62nd round because Tommy Lasorda knew his dad. Literally the only reason. Waahhhhhh
well that hasn't happened so

didn't the 49ers also invite Nate Montana to their training camp when he didn't have a reason to be there lol

I hate the lakers. I just think everyone's crying about one of the last picks in the draft for no reason.

Mike piazza was drafted in the 62nd round because Tommy Lasorda knew his dad. Literally the only reason. Waahhhhhh

There's no chance in Hell Bronny is getting cut or traded. Come on now. He's set because his daddy is there. Getting an invite to training camp especially in football just means you're fighting for a roster spot. It's not like Nate is on the roster and we trot him out with Joe.

But like I said it's not unprecedented to sign somebody's family just to appease the star and it will be fun to watch.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 28, 2024 at 4:29 PM ]
Lakers added couple of nice UDFAs
[ Edited by 4ML on Jun 28, 2024 at 5:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone