There are 215 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Stephen Belicheck had been a coach with the Patriots for over decade after being a Lacrosse player in college and 1 year as a long snapper lol
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by 4ML:
To be fair - this was the very first example of nepotism in sports history. So, I'm sure ppl voicing their displeasure for the first time about nepotism in sports has nothing to do with Lebron.

When did a scrub son get drafted before?

Patrick Ewing's son

How dud Ewimg influence the draft to pick his kid, who won 6th man of the year in his conference?

grasping at straws for your love LeBron

lol knew you'd move the goalpost. Idk how he influenced his son to get drafted - unlike you - I wasn't b***hing about why he was drafted in the 2nd rd after averaging 6pts and 4 rebs as a 5th senior at the age of 24. I didn't care then and I don't care now.

And fwiw - Bronny was a 5 star high school recruit who was projected to go in the middle of 1st round before his cardiac arrest last season and was projected to go in middle of 2nd round after his combine performance this year.

I also don't know how Mike Shanahan influence Gary Kubiak (his former assistant) to hire Kyle. I also don't know how Gary influenced Kyle into returning the favor by hiring Kubiak's son. I also don't know how Steve Kerr influenced Warriors to hire his son. I wasn't b***hing about that either.

So, I think you're the one grasping at straws - and idk why bc you don't even like the NBA. Maybe you hate LeBron or maybe it's something else. I've no idea - all kinds of weirdo haters these days.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
There's no chance in Hell Bronny is getting cut or traded. Come on now. He's set because his daddy is there. Getting an invite to training camp especially in football just means you're fighting for a roster spot. It's not like Nate is on the roster and we trot him out with Joe.

But like I said it's not unprecedented to sign somebody's family just to appease the star and it will be fun to watch.

Nate attempted 19 passes in his HS senior year and was on a Notre Dame team for a year lol

Nate attempted 18 passes in his Notre Dame career but was invited to our training camp lol

Bronny won't get cut or traded in year 1 of his NBA career bc he actually has a chance to be a decent player in the NBA.
Nate attempted 19 passes in his HS senior year and was on a Notre Dame team for a year lol

Nate attempted 18 passes in his Notre Dame career but was invited to our training camp lol

Bronny won't get cut or traded in year 1 of his NBA career bc he actually has a chance to be a decent player in the NBA.

And all that says it's training camp. It means nothing. All they really did was let him get in a couple weeks training and a photo as a Niner qb. This one means little.

But I do agree with your point on coaches kids and nepotism is there so it's not unique here.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 28, 2024 at 6:31 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
And all that says it's training camp. It means nothing. All they really did was let him get in a couple weeks training and a photo as a Niner qb. This one means little.

But I do agree with your point on coaches kids and nepotism is there so it's not unique here. We'll see how good Bronny is but he's a 6'1 guard who averaged 6 points a game in college. No team is hanging onto him as if he could be gold

I do think he should have gone back to school. Never said he could be gold - but I do think he has some potential which he flashed in HS and also at combine.

We will see where he ends up - but he played after a cardiac arrest which caused him to miss training camp and several games to start the season. I'm not putting a whole lot into his season at USC.
Stephen Belicheck had been a coach with the Patriots for over decade after being a Lacrosse player in college and 1 year as a long snapper lol

Lol indeed
D'Lo and Jaxson Hayes opt into their deals.

D'Lo can now be traded this summer. Instead of star hunting - Lakers should target role players that fit this team and can be somewhat 2 way players.
JJ gonna make lakers shoot 40 3s a game.

Everyone's going to try and copy the Celtics 3 and D blueprint for a bit :)
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

damn I didn't know knecht could jump like that.

He's a legit scorer. Threat from all levels.

I think he was a pick that makes Reeves expandable now. If Lakers are serious about trading for a Dejounte Murray or someone else of that caliber, Reeves will have to be included in that package.

Celtics will call your Knecht and raise you a "Showtime" Scheierman :)

A lot of similarities between the two players including their journey through the NCAA and onto the NBA.
lol knew you'd move the goalpost. Idk how he influenced his son to get drafted - unlike you - I wasn't b***hing about why he was drafted in the 2nd rd after averaging 6pts and 4 rebs as a 5th senior at the age of 24. I didn't care then and I don't care now.

And fwiw - Bronny was a 5 star high school recruit who was projected to go in the middle of 1st round before his cardiac arrest last season and was projected to go in middle of 2nd round after his combine performance this year.

I also don't know how Mike Shanahan influence Gary Kubiak (his former assistant) to hire Kyle. I also don't know how Gary influenced Kyle into returning the favor by hiring Kubiak's son. I also don't know how Steve Kerr influenced Warriors to hire his son. I wasn't b***hing about that either.

So, I think you're the one grasping at straws - and idk why bc you don't even like the NBA. Maybe you hate LeBron or maybe it's something else. I've no idea - all kinds of weirdo haters these days.

lol comparing coaching to athletes

you have no idea how much knowledge Kyle S had when he first was hired

You're a Lebron sycophant

You're a running joke on the WZ

D'Lo and Jaxson Hayes opt into their deals.

D'Lo can now be traded this summer. Instead of star hunting - Lakers should target role players that fit this team and can be somewhat 2 way players.

We better trade DLo

And we need that 3rd star, this team isn't winning a ring by just adding a couple extra good role players. It was a miracle least year that Bron/AD didn't miss that much time and the results were still a first round exit.

If you don't see all the nepotism around sports in general then you have no clue wtf you're talking about lol
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
If you don't see all the nepotism around sports in general then you have no clue wtf you're talking about lol

The funny part is you guys don't even know the definition of nepotism

acting like TO called in a favor for his son? Lmao
Yeah let's pretend Lebron never talked about and emphasized playing with his son in the nba, didn't have option on contract, isn't now negotiating with lakers with a huge piece playing with his kid

how do you guys walk with your head up your ass?

Ooo I triggered something - but anyway - I guess you're someone who cares deeply about what strangers think of you. I frankly don't give a f**k.

I'm comparing nepotism to nepotism.

lol @ "you're a Lebron sycophant" yet you're here all in your feelings commenting about him.
Share 49ersWebzone